Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Just can't see City losing tomorrow.

Aguero and De Bruyne are going to single handedly rip them apart.

I'm predicting a comfortable win for City and another scrappy win by us.

I know it is pessimistic but it is definitely more realistic than what some are hoping for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think we'll beat Bournemouth easily enough tbh; we're at home, where we have a good if not exciting record, and they have nothing to play for (unlike West Ham or Norwich). But I think City will steamroll Swansea as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Can't see them losing either. Surely they'll at least get the draw.

Still annoyed about the West Ham game. To throw away the lead when we managed to get it was bad enough but to actually go and lose the game was so frustrating. At least if we had drawn there would be that bit of pressure on City to get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If Swansea had something to play for I could definitely see them beating city tomorrow especially with the way city have just kinda rolled to the end of the season.

But they don't and when only one side has something to play for its hard not to see city getting the job done. Could be a big victory for city even. All our own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Aguero and De Bruyne are going to single handedly rip them apart.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    see PSG are again linked with a move for Martial.

SportWitness said they are the most arrogant club in the world, well they are owned by Qatar so wouldn't expect less.
    They told City if they went after any PSG player, they would target City players.
    SW don't believe Martial is interested.

I read that Swansea are resting a few Euro-bound players for the City game, the Swans evidently couldn't give any less of a shíte about this game and I'm not going to curse them for that.

Don't do it to yourselves lads. Well, do whatever the fúck you want of course, but now that we are reduced to hoping that a much-depleted Swansea side beat City plus we beat Bournemouth in order to get to the early qualification stages of the C.L., that's my line reached.

Like any other set of games, I'll want United to win and City to lose, but this isn't the final day of the 2012 season or anything like it and I won't be participating in it as such. If by some glitch in the Matrix, City lose and we win, this Man United side reaching the 'Champions' League will have me laughing from all ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I fancy Swansea for a draw. They haven't had anything to play for the last few games but instead of being in holiday mode(like the likes of Stoke) it seems to have relaxed them totally and given them a freedom to play uninhibited, one that they seem to be enjoying.

Utd will scrape by Bournmouth.

Edit: If what is written above is true about Swansea resting loads of players then of course I expect them to lose.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Strikes me as lazy reporting. The article it stems from says that PSG don't expect us to want to sell, or Martial to want a move. With Ibra leaving, PSG are going to be linked to every striker, especially French ones, under the sun. Nothing to worry about at all.

Yeah, Martial is going nowhere.

We need to sign Griezmann if he is anyway open to a move which I am a bit doubtful he is.

We need to sign more goals, something Memphis failed to live up to so far.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I fancy Swansea for a draw. They haven't had anything to play for the last few games but instead of being in holiday mode(like the likes of Stoke) it seems to have relaxed them totally and given them a freedom to play uninhibited, one that they seem to be enjoying.

Edit: If what is written above is true about Swansea resting loads of players then of course I expect them to lose.

They rested some players against West Ham and won easily, they might have better depth in their squad than what we know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Swansea 1-1 city

United 20-0 Bournemouth

My 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Look I'm not going to go through the thread to see what you said in the past. I'm talking about your response here and your response here suggests you have Jose tunnel vision.

What do you mean 'the only way the club can come out of it'? What is IT?
    It reads like you're assuming the club wants Jose as the new manager and like you're using a bunch of media reports (with absolutely no connection to the club) to judge how the club are negotiating the supposed recruitment. Lastly, it seems the club's perceived intelligence is in the balance if they haven't already appointed the manager they may or may not be looking to get and if they haven't already initiated transfers on his behalf.

I don't see why the club needs to publicly back LVG. I think you and I both know that would not end speculation.

I ment that if the club do end up putting jose in charge the Only way intelligent is if they have been in dialog whit him over new signing or his squad for Next year.

It means the manager situation that would be pretty clear as thats what i was talking about.

City's away record to Swansea since 2012:

1-0 defeat in 2012
    0-0 2013
    2-3 City win in 2014
    2-4 City win in 2015

So if you were forced to put your money on it, you would go for a City win imo.

adox wrote: »

Just saw a bit about it yesterday on BBC team news;
    Swansea's Euro 2016-bound quartet Ashley Williams, Neil Taylor, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Lukasz Fabianski will all be rested.

Goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt will make his Premier League debut but Jefferson Montero and Alberto Paloschi are out with hamstring injuries.

Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov is a doubt, while Samir Nasri is available again after illness.

Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Pablo Zabaleta are definite absentees.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36240334

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's not a hope of City losing tomorrow and the United game will be a snorefest anyway. Do yourselves a favour and get out and enjoy the summer while it lasts instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

There's not a hope of City losing tomorrow and the United game will be a snorefest anyway. Do yourselves a favour and get out and enjoy the summer while it lasts instead.

Mr. Doom and Gloom it's only the middle of May we might get a few sunny days yet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Its comments like this that highlight how he is not good enough and does not have the right attitude to be a Manchester United manager.

“Of course you can say Manchester United need to be champions – yes, I know, the expectations are like that, but I don’t think that is realistic"
    http://www.football365.com/news/van-gaal-united-title-challenge-was-unrealistic

The irony of him saying that sentence on the back of Leicester and Spurs making the top two in the league is laughable. Hopefully in 8 days time he will be consigned to history.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's almost as if LVG says stuff like in the post above just to annoy United supporters, it's bloody Manchester United, a title challenge every season is realistic and should be expected, well bar the last few seasons after Fergie retired, which have been bumpy to say the least.

Sooner this oaf is gone the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's almost as if LVG says stuff like in the post above just to annoy United supporters, it's bloody Manchester United, a title challenge every season is realistic and should be expected, well bar the last few seasons after Fergie retired, which have been bumpy to say the least.

Sooner this oaf is gone the better.

Drumpot seems to genuinely think it's viable to go on like this for another year.

I would love to know where that acceptance of failure comes from. Worse still, why it's not worth taking action immediately to arrest decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Korat wrote: »
    Drumpot seems to genuinely think it's viable to go on like this for another year.

I would love to know where that acceptance of failure comes from. Worse still, why it's not worth taking action immediately to arrest decline.

Heard someone say, LVG has them purposefully playing ****e, and that it's all part of his master plan and they'll come racing out of the blocks next season, blow everyone else away, damn near choked myself laughing at such a silly notion..

I expected it to be rough after Ferguson called it a day, but not this rough, 3 years later. Something has to be done ASAP to stop the decline.

If Moyes was sacked after not getting CL football, the same should be done to LVG regardless of his CV, and if he wins the F.A Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

stankratz wrote: »
    I read that Swansea are resting a few Euro-bound players for the City game, the Swans evidently couldn't give any less of a shíte about this game and I'm not going to curse them for that.

Don't do it to yourselves lads. Well, do whatever the fúck you want of course, but now that we are reduced to hoping that a much-depleted Swansea side beat City plus we beat Bournemouth in order to get to the early qualification stages of the C.L., that's my line reached.

Like any other set of games, I'll want United to win and City to lose, but this isn't the final day of the 2012 season or anything like it and I won't be participating in it as such. If by some glitch in the Matrix, City lose and we win, this Man United side reaching the 'Champions' League will have me laughing from all ends.

ITHTKY

paulbok wrote: »
    ITHTKY

What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I seen on SSN today that Sanches didnt go to us because LVG vetoed it.

Probably more nonsense from them but if it true it means LVG more another year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Swansea 1-1 city

United 20-0 Bournemouth

My 2c

Utd playing on Amateur setting tomorrow Kew :D

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I seen on SSN today that Sanches didnt go to us because LVG vetoed it.

Probably more nonsense from them but if it true it means LVG more another year. :(

The "LVG vetoed it" read, to me, like the usual "I dumped her, she didn't dump me" PR nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Could have dodged a bullet with this Sanches guy. Apart from Ronaldo, players bought from Portugal don't do very well at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Could have dodged a bullet with this Sanches guy. Apart from Ronaldo, players bought from Portugal don't do very well at United.

Like multiple premier league champion Nani?!? Prob the most underrated player in Uniteds recent history.

De Telegraaf, who many seem to think have someone close to Van Gaal as a source, are now saying that while LVG is outwardly saying he will be there next year, he knows Jose expects to be in the United job by July 1st. This is the first time they've planted the seeds of doubt over LVG and his job.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/de-telegraaf-lvg-knows-mourinho-expects-to-over-on-july-1st-man-u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

De Telegraaf, who many seem to think have someone close to Van Gaal as a source, are now saying that while LVG is outwardly saying he will be there next year, he knows Jose expects to be in the United job by July 1st. This is the first time they've planted the seeds of doubt over LVG and his job.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/de-telegraaf-lvg-knows-mourinho-expects-to-over-on-july-1st-man-u

7drHiqr.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So disappointing going into tomorrow with nothing to look forward to

• Advertisement

United squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Jones, Borthwick-Jackson, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Mata, Lingard, Memphis, Young, Rooney, Martial, Rashford

Edit: I was going to put Luke Shaws name in there to see the reactions ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Like multiple premier league champion Nani?!? Prob the most underrated player in Uniteds recent history.

He was hardly the driving force behind those league titles. A reasonably good player who never fulfilled his potential and couldn't produce the goods on a regular basis yet still had a statue of himself in his mansion.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

nullzero wrote: »
    He was hardly the driving force behind those league titles. A reasonably good player who never fulfilled his potential and couldn't produce the goods on a regular basis yet still had a statue of himself in his mansion.

I fear the same being said about Memphis in a couple of years time unless he gets his s**t together hopefully with a different manager

pls not another Nani debate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

LVG's best bits. 5.09 is brilliant.

Only thing worse then a nani debate is a wellbeck v nani debate so on that note I wonder who was the bigger mistake to sell ;);)

Id have to say nani he did show some glimpses of what we hoped he could be and the odd time he could really change a game.

:):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Apart from Ronaldo, how many players is that? 4? 5? Very small sample size in any case so I wouldn't be reading too much into it. Time will tell with Sanches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

stankratz wrote: »
    What's that?

It's the hope........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    the ultimate troll has had his say

He'd do well with them...

brinty wrote: »
    He'd do well with them...

Aint they gonna be one of the rich clubs now with the new co-owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Does Duncan Castles very paid for his "journalism"?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Does Duncan Castles very paid for his "trollalism"?

F. Y. P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Aint they gonna be one of the rich clubs now with the new co-owner.

He's not one of the mega rich billionaires.Anyhow it looks like it's De Boers job at Everton.

zerks wrote: »
    He's not one of the mega rich billionaires.Anyhow it looks like it's De Boers job at Everton.

He is just shy of 2 billion dollars?? Not in the same league as chelsea and city of course but you would think they will have a bit extra floating about. I do agree it is FDBs job his quitting Ajax was too obvious for him not to be.

• Advertisement

Guys watching Graham Norton
    Johnny Depp is moving to Manchester to take up a new job...
    We're going off the #deppend

Also great to see our ladies team getting some coverage
    J law is on too

Zlatan quoted as saying he knows where he is going but won't say where yet.

Hmmm....what is he waiting for :P

Zlatan quoted as saying he knows where he is going but won't say where yet.

Hmmm....what is he waiting for :P

Its either all gonna kick off in Manchester after the fa cup or its gonna kick off in here.

jayo26 wrote:
    Its either all gonna kick off in Manchester after the fa cup or its gonna kick off in here.

That's it Jayo
    Have no expectations and everything else is a bonus

And it's already been reported he won't come if LVG is still here..

https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/status/731534181533122564

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement