Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just seen ronaldos new record tonight and it really some up his class that he has scored at least 50 goals per season for the last six years the closest messi has come to it is 3 seasons in a row. That is some unreal consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Zlatan transfer skepticism due to age and wage: 10

Zlatan man crush: 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

jayo26 wrote: »
    United squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Jones, Borthwick-Jackson, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Mata, Lingard, Memphis, Young, Rooney, Martial, Rashford

Edit: I was going to put Luke Shaws name in there to see the reactions ha.

Not Rojo is absolutely fantastic news, hes been muck all season, at least we may not have to watch 10-15 dire crosses from the left. Hopefully Varela starts on the right over Valencia and we might some end product from a full back.

Zlatan transfer skepticism due to age and wage: 10

Zlatan man crush: 10

I'm also conflicted however I would put a hefty wedge on him to hit 20 plus goals in the league for us next year so I'd give him a go. Martial seems to prefer playing on the wing and it would take some pressure of Rashfords shoulders.

Rashford has been incredible but I don't think he's ready to be the fulcrum of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

nullzero wrote: »
    He was hardly the driving force behind those league titles. A reasonably good player who never fulfilled his potential and couldn't produce the goods on a regular basis yet still had a statue of himself in his mansion.

10-11 he was the driving force, something like 18 assists and a decent goal return iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Had a dream about the game today ha, Swansea were winning 2-1 but conceded on the 89th min to a milner goal for some weird reason, but I sorta believed it as after 67 minutes we still hadn't scored against Bournemouth :o

billyhead wrote: »

Thanks, enjoyed that! He sounds like quite a character, pity he wasn't a few years younger and Utd went for him. Pretty good chance Jose will bring him to OT if he gets the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Thanks, enjoyed that! He sounds like quite a character, pity he wasn't a few years younger and Utd went for him. Pretty good chance Jose will bring him to OT if he gets the job!

Thought it was a bit cringey in parts. Making himself out to be the hard man which seems to be very common in footballers autobiographies. Especially the part where his mates were going to come and break the place up, a bit like Carragher calling off the heavies in his :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It's been a really ****ty season but I hope we sign off with a good showing today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I would like Ibra for a year, it would give Rashford an extra year to develop.

Didnt Griezman start as a right winger at R Sociedad, sign him up.

Could only dream of an attack of

Griezman..................Martial
    ...............Ibrahimovic............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Last league game of the season. Last league game of Van Gaals career. Let's win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Imagine if Swansea win and we don't.

They're be war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

duffman13 wrote: »
    Not Rojo is absolutely fantastic news, hes been muck all season, at least we may not have to watch 10-15 dire crosses from the left. Hopefully Varela starts on the right over Valencia and we might some end product from a full back.

Have to respect Rojo for the book he wrote about Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

They're be war!

I think that would sum up VanGaals tenure perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have to respect Rojo for the book he wrote about Ireland.

What he write about Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    Last league game of the season. Last league game of Van Gaals career. Let's win it!

LVG's last Premier League Match Thread????? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99725442#post99725442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hococop wrote: »

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hococop wrote: »

"Eire" by Rojo.

Commentators make reference to it most games.

• Advertisement

"Eire" by Rojo.

Commentators make reference to it most games.

Ah mate that is woeful, its almost funny!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They're be war!

It would sum up our season if, in the space of a week, we went from "We win both our games, we get CL football" to "We came 7th again"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

With this season, no result would surprise me, but this is the current version of Man Utd. Qualifying for the CL today is not happening :(

I loved the 5-5 away to West Brom, Fergie's final game. Bonkers scoreline full of goals, entertainment, 3 long years ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »
    I loved the 5-5 away to West Brom, Fergie's final game. Bonkers scoreline full of goals, entertainment, 3 long years ago :(

What is this entertainment you speak of,I hear whispers of United scoring 5 in league games once upon a time.Did it happen or did we all dream it?:p:(

MUTV were showing the 1000 goals at OT last night,some of the football was breathtaking,the speed of the play,the imagination,everything.I even saw Bruce put in a wonderful cross for Giggs to score.If Smalling did that,LVG would criticise him for being out of position.At times we had 9 men in the oppositions box after sweeping upfield,contrast that to the Norwich game when we had Rooney looking lost trying to win a ball and when he did he had to wait for ages for somebody to amble forward and help him.LVG has instilled fear in our play over adventure and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

We had some bang average players over the years who played far beyond their individual ability as part of a team. It's what makes watching the current lot so annoying, there's the suspicion that with the right direction they'd be a lot better.

It's hope at least that a full clear out isn't necessary and that a change of manager with a couple of modest signings could be all it takes to be successful in the current PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Remember thinking how bad we were that day when we drew 5-5. We had the league wrapped in Feb that year.

zerks wrote: »
    What is this entertainment you speak of,I hear whispers of United scoring 5 in league games once upon a time.Did it happen or did we all dream it?:p:(

MUTV were showing the 1000 goals at OT last night,some of the football was breathtaking,the speed of the play,the imagination,everything.I even saw Bruce put in a wonderful cross for Giggs to score.If Smalling did that,LVG would criticise him for being out of position.At times we had 9 men in the oppositions box after sweeping upfield,contrast that to the Norwich game when we had Rooney looking lost trying to win a ball and when he did he had to wait for ages for somebody to amble forward and help him.LVG has instilled fear in our play over adventure and fun.

...and now sometimes it takes us at least 5 league games to score 5. But we have to be realistic with our expectations according to Louis. In fairness to him he's right, he's only had £250m and 2 seasons to implement his plan. Plus he's only been in management a wet 25 years, give him time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

dubmick wrote: »
    Remember thinking how bad we were that day when we drew 5-5. We had the league wrapped in Feb that year.

We weren't fantastic that day but that was the level of entertainment Fergie gave us back in those days. I don't think we've had a 9-10 goal thriller since

dubmick wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, that game outside of any other circumstances but 'SAF's last game in charge, league long-won already' would have caused me some concern. At the time though, as a swansong I greatly enjoyed it. Almost like SAF knew what lay ahead for the fans, and said to the lads "Just go out and have a bit of fun, just score goals."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't think we've had a 9-10 goal thriller since

Well in fairness most clubs wouldn't have! There's only been 6 Premier League games with 10 or more goals and none since that day. There's been 4 with 9 goals since and only 1 this season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Considering he's been with us for 10 years, and played nearly 300 games for us, there's a distinct lack of...well, anything...with regards today possibly/probably being Carrick's last game at OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Wouldn't it be great for Rooney to smash in a 94th minute winner to qualify for the CL!

Hopefully then sky would replace the Aguero clip

8-10 wrote: »
    Well in fairness most clubs wouldn't have! There's only been 6 Premier League games with 10 or more goals and none since that day. There's been 4 with 9 goals since and only 1 this season

True. However, we at least used to put up a nice amount of goals on a semi-regular basis. Now, goals are scarce. With Moyes, an early 4-1 against Swansea and 4-2 against Leverkusen offered some hope, but in retrospect that was a bit of Fergie magic-dust still lingering in the air.

To try bring this into the current day - Never mind goals, the rate this team creates chances is worryingly low. Wasn't it something like 3 attempts on goal against West Ham last week? I only got to see the extended highlights, but it more or less featured attempt after attempt from West Ham.

Louis has said that he needs to get more creative players in this Summer. For what? To strip them of their natural instincts and turn them into more underachieving robots? Louis needs to gtfo out this Summer, with all due respect to the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I know it's already been posted about Swansea resting keeper and defenders but I also saw their manager say he's resting Ki as he has compulsory military service in Korea. He would have been another threat for them going forward.
    Top 4 hope is gone but I hope we wallop Bournemouth anyway!

I know it's already been posted about Swansea resting keeper and defenders but I also saw their manager say he's resting Ki as he has compulsory military service in Korea. He would have been another threat for them going forward.
    Top 4 hope is gone but I hope we wallop Bournemouth anyway!

Its hard to take but over the years we have probably been guilty as anybody for resting players in games that were key to others.

The only thing that makes it easier is that it's not the results of today's games why we won't make the top four its the inconsistencies over the season the great record we have over the top teams but the sheer lack of ability to break down the teams that come to defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Considering he's been with us for 10 years, and played nearly 300 games for us, there's a distinct lack of...well, anything...with regards today possibly/probably being Carrick's last game at OT.

I think considering he's still the best in his position at the club that getting rid before next summer would be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »

Befitting his monotone uninspiring character :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Don't get me wrong, that game outside of any other circumstances but 'SAF's last game in charge, league long-won already' would have caused me some concern. At the time though, as a swansong I greatly enjoyed it. Almost like SAF knew what lay ahead for the fans, and said to the lads "Just go out and have a bit of fun, just score goals."

May have read this wrong but that wasn't SAF's last game.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/670445/Manchester-United-Newcastle-Rafa-Benitez-Ryan-Giggs-Michael-Carrick-Gossip-Transfer-News

Nice little rumour there of Giggs and Carrick taking over at Newcastle. I'd love to see it. Not gonna happen but it'd be a great first job for Giggs.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Befitting his monotone uninspiring character :)

Guess someone has to be Warden of the North while Pro. F is absent :pac:

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

GSPfan wrote: »

The 5-5 draw? Why wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Guess someone has to be Warden of the North while Pro. F is absent :pac:

Where is that pleasant mannerly man gone?

No?

Jesus I don't know why but I was thinking it was a game at Old Trafford. You are correct.

The 5-5 draw? Why wasn't it?

Ignore me. I'm confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Surely Carrick gets a new deal,
    As for today I don't think I'll enjoy the game as it looks like LVG is here too stay long term! Really want Jose too come in! Be great for the rumour mill if he turned up in OT today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I also saw their manager say he's resting Ki as he has compulsory military service in Korea. He would have been another threat for them going forward.

Don't think he's allowed bring the artillery onto the pitch though

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As for today I don't think I'll enjoy the game as it looks like LVG is here too stay long term! Really want Jose too come in! Be great for the rumour mill if he turned up in OT today

You mean have jose sitting in managers seat and then lvg comes out and starts a scuffle over the seat as the match is starting?? :):)

MrMac84 wrote: »

I think Carrick is finished, I think the guy has been a good servant but it's time to move him on and upgrade. Carrick of 8 years ago was very good, the Carrick of this season is not good enough for a title winning team.

As for LVG I'm not getting invested till after the FA Cup final in any rumours, most people inside the club haven't a clue what's happening never mind the people outside the club. I think he's gone all the same but that's just based on my hope that the board have some standards they will hold the management too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

8-10 wrote: »

Fair enough but basically it was games like these against Bournemouth were we could easily put past 3/4 goals back in the day but now we are hardly putting the ball past the line and we usually get through with the help of the other teams mistakes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement