Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I was very shocked to find out the match was abandoned today.

People coming over from Ireland and elsewhere to watch a football game.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Least we can play the reserves against Bournemouth now that 4th is gone and the first team can concentrate on cup final

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mike Keegan of the Daily Mail saying he is being told the "bomb" was an elaborate hoax :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mike Keegan of the Daily Mail saying he is being told the "bomb" was an elaborate hoax :(

Bangkok....did you do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sad thing is if city ****ed up you wouldn't be confident of a win against Bournemouth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Very disappointing end to the season. Was looking forward to this game all week with the hope that we might see some magical scenes at Old Trafford but it wasn't meant to be. :o

When do u guys reckon this game will be played? On the one hand, playing it midweek may hinder the player's fitness for the FA Cup final but on the other hand, playing it after the FA final will only prolong this torture that is LVG 'philosophy '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If device was not viable, it doesn't mean it was a hoax either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Our transformation into Liverpool,has now been completed. We all knew Utd wouldn't continue on dominating after Sir Alex,left but we where at least still expecting too be in the CL places every year. 2 of the last 3 seasons out of it now and I've no doubt LVG will still be in charge if he wins the cup.

Throw out the likes of Varela,Pereira,Love,Riley and Weir against Bournemouth and rest all the key players for the cup.This season just can't end quick enough.

8pm on Tuesday is the provisional date for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Update: Experts carried out a controlled explosion at OT on what has been described as an 'incredibly lifelike explosive device'.

So it should be easy to spot on camera a bag like that being brought in? Hoping the catch the c**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

RobertKK wrote: »
    If device was not viable, it doesn't mean it was a hoax either.

What else could it mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Augme wrote: »
    What else could it mean?

A sh*te bomb?

Augme wrote: »
    What else could it mean?

If you have a car that won't start, it is not a viable car, but it is still a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

If you have a car that won't start, it is not a viable car, but it is still a car.

It was probably made in England in the 80s. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

What if you have a car with no engine? Is it still a car? Or if you have just a car engine, is it still a car? :pac:

Non-viable means it had no explosives in it rather than they ****'d up making it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

really hope they catch the individual behind this.. ruined a day out for and inconvenienced so many people. Despite the earlier bollocks posted by the knuckle draggers in the match thread.. United playing at the same time would put a hell of a lot more pressure on city as I said if we went in at half time with a lead and they were loosing or even drawing as they were.

A white russian isnt a white russain without vodka in it. Just like an IED isn't an IED unless it has all 5 components required, or 4 depending on how you swing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

got a chuckle out of this

35 mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Man Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Father was over for game and he said security was very good and police made situation very calm.

They were 100% on the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Father was over for game and he said security was very good and police made situation very calm.

They were 100% on the ball

It's extremely worrying that a game had to be cancelled and rightly so. The frightening thing is that I reckon it's going to be something that happens a lot more in the future. A sad day for football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's extremely worrying that a game had to be cancelled and rightly so. The frightening thing is that I reckon it's going to be something that happens a lot more in the future. A sad day for football.

Ya going to Euros and though I travelled fair few places and seen lot it still hard get it out of mind

But dont want see bad guys win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Strumms wrote: »
    really hope they catch the individual behind this.. ruined a day out for and inconvenienced so many people. Despite the earlier bollocks posted by the knuckle draggers in the match thread.. United playing at the same time would put a hell of a lot more pressure on city as I said if we went in at half time with a lead and they were loosing or even drawing as they were.

Surely this person has to be on CCTV somewhere? Hopefully they're easily identified.

Football stadiums in England can be fairly relaxed when searching and could be seen as a very soft target. Something like this might increase security. Sad day is right but actions taken from it will hopefully make things better for the future.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Surely this person has to be on CCTV somewhere? Hopefully they're easily identified.

I'd imagine a process of elimination... ID every single punter from the time the ground opened until the 'device' was discovered who used that toilet.. Won't be any CCTV in there and unlikely to be witnesses as anyone who saw someone do something like that would flag it straight away to security... So if it was one of the regular toilets in the stand and not a corporate type area you might hazard a guess that it was placed there not long after the turnstiles opened as those toilets are pretty much packed once a half decent crowd gets in there... no finger prints or usable DNA after a controlled explosion you would imagine so it might not be all that easy to nail someone for it but here is hoping... No laughing matter so you can guarantee it wont be for the want of trying on behalf of the cops..

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Football stadiums in England can be fairly relaxed when searching and could be seen as a very soft target. Something like this might increase security. Sad day is right but actions taken from it will hopefully make things better for the future.

One of my initial thoughts was that it could be a trial run by some terrorist group.. test the evac timings and standards and the response times and quality of the emergency services, stewards etc. and the movement of people after the event... I agree that an event like this will be a learning curve and there will be a debrief and every facet looked at to see what went well and any scope for improvement.. however its not a good thing.. look how terrorism.. has ****ed up the enjoyment of air travel and certain other things......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

By all accounts Tottenham had a better squad than Leicester so how did they finish third in the end?

Pochetino isn't all that maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liam O wrote: »
    The fact a supposed possession based team couldn't close out a must win game after taking the lead is indicative of the failings of this regime.

We were playing a brand of hoofball that Moyes would even wince at against Norwich.
    Going ahead against West Ham and as Giles would say,we "lacked the moral conviction" to see the game out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

So, as things currently stand, is Fellaini banned from the cup final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

loobylou wrote: »
    So, as things currently stand, is Fellaini banned from the cup final?

Nope, he'll be back for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nope, he'll be back for the final.

He will be banned if we do not play Bournemouth before the final, but if the game does go ahead on Tuesday he will be eligible to play in the final.

Stan Collymore tweeting that the game has provisionally been scheduled for Tuesday at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You think of all the silly points we dropped this season

Just a complete disaster from start to finish

Just a complete disaster from start to finish

Trying to win games by doing the bare minimum was asking for it,can anyone name a single game where we went out to batter a team?
    What we witnessed is light years from what we are used to,we score one,let's score 2,get 2 then try to get 3.Now it's score one and ah sure that will do,if we get 2 then it's a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I don't think I've ever been searched going into old trafford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

sky88 wrote: »

I have, was over for the Everton game earlier this year and me and gf were.

sky88 wrote: »

frisk and bag check any game I went to this season and last. The bag check is very cursory though.. on a couple of occasions I had an extra top at the top of my bag ready to put on but I could have been hiding anything under it at the bottom and they never checked...

We scored just 2 more goals than Newcastle this season and they were relegated,2 less than Sunderland who barely avoided relegation.

Moyes was sacked and we got 64 points that season with him not even there for the last 4 games,the most LVG can get this season is 67.

I'm not even confident of a result against Palace in the cup final.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2016/05/15/nyheter/innenriks/rygge/evakuering/44242121/

From the newspaper Dagbladet:

A Ryanair flight headed to Manchester have been evacuated at Rygge airport, police officials in Oslo stated on Twitter.

The reason is what that the police say is suspicious behaviour of two people.

"Police have control of the two persons. Passengers and baggage are also checked".

The police bomb squad is on its way from Oslo to conduct investigations.

"The bomb group is sent to Eastern Police District following a request for assistance", said Christian Krohn Engeseth, operations manager of the Oslo police, told Dagbladet.

Engeseth do not want to comment further about the suspicious persons and why the bomb group is sent, and refers to Eastern Police District for comments.

The plane was scheduled to take off at 18.55."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

The one thing I still don't understand is why only half the ground was evacuated. There's a picture on Sky of a policeman and a dog searching an area directly beside the fans that remained in the stadium. How could they assume the threat was only in those two stands? And even if it was, how would they know any potential explosives wouldn't affect the other stands?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Every team can say that though. Over a long season it's bound to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

The game is likely to be on after the cup final according to Geoff Shreeves. He said it can't be played behind closed doors tonight or tomorrow for security reasons (not sure why it needs to be played at OT if it's behind closed doors).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The one thing I still don't understand is why only half the ground was evacuated. There's a picture on Sky of a policeman and a dog searching an area directly beside the fans that remained in the stadium. How could they assume the threat was only in those two stands? And even if it was, how would they know any potential explosives wouldn't affect the other stands?

They said that they operated a staggered evacuation of the ground so as not to have everyone outside the stairs at the same time.

As for the sniffer dogs, they were on the opposite side to where the suspect package was found. I presume it was a precautionary sweep that was done systematically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

LVG to be sacked after the cup final and technically before the end of the season as we are out of contention for CL similar to Moyes when he was sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Smegball wrote: »
    LVG to be sacked after the cup final and technically before the end of the season as we are out of contention for CL similar to Moyes when he was sacked.

The Mirror reporting that the game will be played this Tuesday night.

adox wrote: »
    The Mirror reporting that the game will be played this Tuesday night.

Assuming the reserves should start to make sure no one gets injured for Sat but most likely will be strongest team possible.

Match officially confirmed for Tuesday 8 BST

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Match officially confirmed for Tuesday 8 BST

Any idea if it'll be shown on Sky Sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Any idea if it'll be shown on Sky Sports?

Yes, live on SS1 according to their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Wonder who will play from the regular 11?

Will Romero get a run out?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement