Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

lassykk wrote: »
    Wonder who will play from the regular 11?

Will Romero get a run out?

Hope De Gea plays as he can get golden glove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

As long as Smalling, De Gea and Martial make it through then I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hope De Gea plays as he can get golden glove.

If De Gea plays on Wednesday, and keeps a clean sheet, he'll be level on clean sheets with Petr Cech, making him a co winner of the Golden Glove.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If De Gea plays on Wednesday, and keeps a clean sheet, he'll be level on clean sheets with Petr Cech, making him a co winner of the Golden Glove.

Yeah I know. I mentioned it earlier. They will be joint winners. Still a winner though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Yeah but will LVG care? I would expect widespread rotation for the game. Anyone starting the cup final could be rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Disappointed since the game on Tuesday is of very little significance now.

I wish we could just batter a team for once much like what Celtic did today.
    A 19-0 would do nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I see I'm not the only FSA addict in here trying to get the inside scoop on the possible United team!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah but will LVG care? I would expect widespread rotation for the game. Anyone starting the cup final could be rested.

Maybe he'll go all out and try to score 19 goals :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

There will be some amount of empty seats on Tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5starpool wrote: »

Regardless of how it was left there, the club have nothing to be embarrassed about in how well an efficiently they handled the situation. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Regardless of how it was left there, the club have nothing to be embarrassed about in how well an efficiently they handled the situation. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm guessing the embarrassment will fall on whoever left it there, be it safety stewards, officials, police or whoever, not the club obviously. Might not be true of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wow Mike Keegan of The Mail is really going to town on Twitter on it.
    Claims it was left behind by mistake last Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That Daily Mail article above, not sure what to make of it but I don't care, as it has provided me with this incredible photo.

3434080C00000578-3591435-image-a-24_1463335737936.jpg

"The weather's not even that nice in Madrid..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

How the f##k do you manage to forget to bring home your fake bomb after a training course!! Lol

• Advertisement

Police have confirmed it.

No one at the club thought of the exercise during the week it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't think in that situation you would, your focus would be on the 70k people inside and just outside the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

True, apparently. Confirmed by the club tonight. Ouch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sky saying it was left behind by the 'training company ' that were there during the week, heads will roll.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    That Daily Mail article above, not sure what to make of it but I don't care, as it has provided me with this incredible photo.

3434080C00000578-3591435-image-a-24_1463335737936.jpg

"The weather's not even that nice in Madrid..."

Ander looks like a pouting child! "but you promised we would get ice cream, David" "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

If the rumours are true about the device being left there from a training exercise it will be interesting to see if united refund all the fans who will be unable to attend on Tuesday. As someone who spent money to go to today's game I will be pretty pissed if the rumours are true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If it is true, it's a huge embarrassment for the club.

Someone will get fired or severely reprimanded for that, whether it is an external company or internal security or head of stewards or something.

Will fans who can't make the rematch get refunds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Friends brother was over at the game with his son for his first game.

Can understand safety first and club acted in the right way, still must be awfully disappointing

If it was there since Wednesday, surely someone would have seen it or come across it before they did today? Cleaners, tours etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What sort of company does not make a count at the end of the day of how many dummies came back, these dummies have explosives in them for sniffer dogs to train with, they just cannot be detonated.

adox wrote: »
    If it is true, it's a huge embarrassment for the club.

Not really, these things happen and better to be safe than a slight embarrassment.

Someone will get fired or severely reprimanded for that, whether it is an external company or internal security or head of stewards or something.

Will fans who can't make the rematch get refunds?

The fact that a device can sit there since Wednesday, unnoticed is a huge failing by the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Can we blame it on Van Gaal ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure how to feel. Relieved it was a false alarm. Confused that no stewards checked the toilets in the last few days. Suspicious it's a cover story. Angry that we missed a game cause of a ****ing idiot,minor cause the game wasn't played but because of the tens of thousands financially hurt by this mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, the headline would be far worse if it was "Suspected bomb ignored by stewards at game"

The club have nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wouldn't have happened in Fergies' day

He would have sniffed it out himself and used it as a prop in his team talk before we hammered Bournemouth 8-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Great job at evacuating the stadium so safely and efficiently. Omnishambles that this was 1) not noticed after the exercise 2) not noticed before this afternoon.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Not really, these things happen and better to be safe than a slight embarrassment.

These things don't happen. I honestly can never remember this ever happening in all my time watching football. Of course it's hugely embarrassing for the club.

I'm not arguing that shouldn't be safe than sorry but the fact is that dummy device was there since last Wednesday and was missed in any pre match sweeps the club did.

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, the headline would be far worse if it was "Suspected bomb ignored by stewards at game"

The club have nothing to be embarrassed about.

If was right not to ignore it obviously but it should never have been allowed to be left behind is one issue and the other is the fact that is wasn't noticed since Wednesday until earlier todasy- that is surely going to be an issue.

adox wrote: »
    These things don't happen. I honestly can never remember this ever happening in all my time watching football. Of course it's hugely embarrassing for the club.

I'm not arguing that shouldn't be safe than sorry but the fact is that dummy device was there since last Wednesday and was missed in any pre match sweeps the club did.

Well we are in new times. Genuine mistakes can be made. Not hugely embarrassing at all, think it shows it in a good light, the fact that it was handled excellently should anything similar ever occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not sure how true it is, if at all, but I saw one of those football pages on Facebook post that some guy from Sierra Leone had saved up and spent most of his money to come over for the game today. However, a supporters club have heard about it and are paying for an extended stay for him along with tickets for the FA Cup final.

Fantastic gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its the Dailymail, its not the pinnacle of journalism, most of it is really awful ****e. I rather wait for the likes of the Guardian, Times or BBC

In saying that I wouldnt be surprised if true, the club is a bit of a joke from the bottom up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sky going with it now

Well we are in new times. Genuine mistakes can be made. Not hugely embarrassing at all, think it shows it in a good light, the fact that it was handled excellently should anything similar ever occur.

You really don't think this is embarrassing for anyone? Seriously?

Obviously the club, police and stewards acted correctly by taking all precautions once it was noticed, but whoever was responsible for collecting all those devices should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I'm sure the training exercise was not a cheap thing run by a bunch of amateurs, and something like this should never happen.

Headshot wrote: »
    Its the Dailymail, its not the pinnacle of journalism, most of it is really awful ****e. I rather wait for the likes of the Guardian, Times or BBC

In saying that I wouldnt be surprised if true, the club is a bit of a joke from the bottom up

The police have confirmed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Do they really need to make a fake bomb for a training exercise look exactly like a real viable explosive? They could have at least put the company name and a big sign that it's not real on it.

You keep saying how well it was handled at the time as if I'm arguing it wasn't.

Also the fact that we are in "new times" as you say, makes it even more embarrassing that a device goes unnoticed for four days and is only discovered 20 minutes before kick off with the crowd in the ground.

I'd it is true it's a huge embarrassment for the club IMO and it's embarrassing that it's journalists breaking the story first without an announcement or statement from the club.

All if true of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Headshot wrote:

It's on the guardian site

• Advertisement

You really don't think this is embarrassing for anyone? Seriously?

Obviously the club, police and stewards acted correctly by taking all precautions once it was noticed, but whoever was responsible for collecting all those devices should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. I'm sure the training exercise was not a cheap thing run by a bunch of amateurs, and something like this should never happen.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Do they really need to make a fake bomb for a training exercise look exactly like a real viable explosive? They could have at least put the company name and a big sign that it's not real on it.

They are real though, just not viable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Couldn't a real bomber just do the same thing? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Headshot wrote: »

The story is confirmed by the GMP though.
    Greater Manchester Police assistant chief constable John O'Hare later confirmed Sportsmail's exclusive story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We just had to evacuate Old Trafford on the final day of the Premier league season all because of internal blunders, of course its hugely embarrassing for the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement