Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man United's full squad vs Bournemouth (via MEN): De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Varela, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pereira, Memphis, Young, Lingard, Martial, Rooney, Rashford twitter.com

Full strength by the looks of it, though maybe he will leave Martial and a few others on the bench.

From that squad I would like to see:

De Gea, Varela, Jones, Smalling, CBJ, Herrera, Blind, Pereira, Young, Lingard, Rashford.

I expect to see the same 11 that was announced on Sunday. Wouldn't want to surprise the opposition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok wrote: »
    We spent £16m on Falcao including the loan fee and wages.

16m to take a punt on the best #9 in the Europe (arguably the world) prior to his knee injury?

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Full strength by the looks of it, though maybe he will leave Martial and a few others on the bench.

Hope so - I'm level with a lad in the FF and have Smalling & Rashford to play tonight. He has Martial as his captain - could be carnage if he plays and scores :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Man United's full squad vs Bournemouth (via MEN): De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Varela, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pereira, Memphis, Young, Lingard, Martial, Rooney, Rashford twitter.com

Is Fosu-Mensah injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We spent £16m on Falcao including the loan fee and wages.

Also, the loan system exists for young players to gain first team experience and then either be sold or come back to parent team and break into first team, not for £50m pound assets that some russian billionaire can no longer afford to keep to move to another club on loan

Then you might not be aware of whats happening with the loan system lately?

You will find a lot of players move now , who are experienced players, going on a loan. As the values have increased in transfers, and wages increase, the loan system will continue to be abused. Abused is the only word I can think for it.

Financially sound or bloated teams can take in players from rivals and just farm them out, or teams abroad can take experienced players for a year, at a somewhat limited cost to themselves.

Falcao and obvious prime example for us. No major risk in terms of signing him fully and his entire wages being on the books for a number of years. He's taken on for a year, and if he works, world class striker fires you in contention of a title, and if it doesnt, as it didnt, then sure doesn't matter, off he goes.

City did it with Dzeko and Jovetic, Liverpool with Ballotelli and Markovic, Chelsea with a rake of people, etc. etc. etc.

Loan system should be abolished entirely, so that clubs scout and develop players properly, and acamadies start being treated as proper piplelines to the first team, and not some revenue stream or FPP loophole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ok - say we signed those three players.

So we have a centre back, central midfielder and a winger added (i agree we need all those positions). None of those signings address the need to add another striker to the squad - but we have possibly spent 170million on those three players, may not be much left in the pot. Maybe we could find an experienced striker to add to the squad without much of a transfer fee. How about Ibrahimovic? On a free, vastly experienced and if he leaves after one (or two seasons) we can hope Martial and Rashford are established as a world class pairing. Could be a good idea as a short term signing, freeing up funds to be spent on other areas of the squad.

de Gea

Fosu-Mensah
    Smalling
    Stones
    Shaw

Schneiderlain

Sane
    Herrera
    Pogba
    Martial

Rooney

Buy
    Pogba cost £60m
    Stones £35m
    Sane £28M

£123m total

Sell
    Mata £25m
    Fellaini £15m

£40m Total

83m Spent so could probably spash another 40m on a top class striker, Harry Kane would be ideal imo

Juan8 wrote: »
    Is Fosu-Mensah injured?

Yep - don't know what the issue is, but he tweeted the other day about rehab. Shame, as I think he was part of the latest Holland squad (30 man, but still)

Am I missing the part where Stones suddenly became a world class CB? English hype at it's finest imo.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Am I missing the part where Stones suddenly became a world class CB? English hype at it's finest imo.

not many world class centre backs around, stones has the potential to be one of the best in england/europe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Think we could do worse than sign Gotze. Was looking at the Bundesliga highlights last night and he scored a couple of nice goals. Would be a realistic target for us, surplus to requirements at Munich but rumours are he on his way back Dortmund. Admittedly I ain't seen much of him this season and he ain't been starting much for Bayern but he bound to an upgrade on some of the dross we have at the minute. Wouldn't cost the earth either I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nailz wrote: »
    Why the fuck?

Probably wants to finish level on points with 4th so he can pull some weird twisted claim out of his arse.

de Gea

Fosu-Mensah
    Smalling
    Stones
    Shaw

Schneiderlain

Sane
    Herrera
    Pogba
    Martial

Rooney

Buy
    Pogba cost £60m
    Stones £35m
    Sane £28M

£123m total

Sell
    Mata £25m
    Fellaini £15m

£40m Total

83m Spent so could probably spash another 40m on a top class striker, Harry Kane would be ideal imo

Are you deluded?

60million to get Pogba? would be closer to double that.
    Stones would be nearer 50million if we went for him.
    Have seen talk of Sane at 40million, does he have a 28million release clause? (might be €40million)

After spending that cash, you still have Rooney up front... BRILLIANT. Didn't you argue against that last summer? Did he prove us doubters wrong while I was asleep?

Oh, but we might still have cash for Kane.... at 40million. Yeah, that seems realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I see no reason to rest anybody tonight, it will be a nothing game played at no pace so it won't be much of a factor by the time the weekend comes. Theres always injuries but then there always will be, somebody (Jones) could pull a muscle in training as easily as in a game like this.

On the other hand, while I don't think rest is a factor neither do I want to see the likes of Valencia playing ahead of the likes of Varela, because whats the point in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

de Gea

Fosu-Mensah
    Smalling
    Stones
    Shaw

Schneiderlain

Sane
    Herrera
    Pogba
    Martial

Rooney

Buy
    Pogba cost £60m
    Stones £35m
    Sane £28M

£123m total

Sell
    Mata £25m
    Fellaini £15m

£40m Total

How is John Stones worth 35 million quid and you reckon we could get a top class striker (Harry Kane) for 40 million. Stones is very overrated, id leave him at Everton another year and if he plays well without the shackles of Martinez then by all means stump up 35 million then but he hasnt looked like justifying that tag to me.

Also you seem keen on Sane, why would you take him over Gotze when both would command similar price tags? I have seen him play twice this season, once he was good against Dortmund and once he a nothing game against Berlin. Even in the Dortmund game he didnt really stand out massively. His stats look decent though.

Are you deluded?

60million to get Pogba? would be closer to double that.
    Stones would be nearer 50million if we went for him.
    Have seen talk of Sane at 40million, does he have a 28million release clause? (might be €40million)

After spending that cash, you still have Rooney up front... BRILLIANT. Didn't you argue against that last summer? Did he prove us doubters wrong while I was asleep?

Oh, but we might still have cash for Kane.... at 40million. Yeah, that seems realistic.

60m pounds for Pogba. There are not many teams that can afford him and i cant see him breaking a world record transfer fee.

Stones season wasnt great after all the chelsea talk so 40m would be tops.

harry kane would probably cost closer to 50m but with poch staying i cant see him moving. H

Higuain or Morata would probably cost 35-40m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Think we could do worse than sign Gotze. Was looking at the Bundesliga highlights last night and he scored a couple of nice goals. Would be a realistic target for us, surplus to requirements at Munich but rumours are he on his way back Dortmund. Admittedly I ain't seen much of him this season and he ain't been starting much for Bayern but he bound to an upgrade on some of the dross we have at the minute. Wouldn't cost the earth either I'd imagine.

Since Liverpool are going for him as well, it would be worth gazumping them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The annual Gaitan rumours have started again,http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/05/17/manchester-united-still-in-picture-for-nicolas-gaitan-as-atletico-madrid-rekindle-interest/286090/

I can see in the future the headline will be "Gaitan linked with United managers job".

duffman13 wrote: »
    How is John Stones worth 35 million quid and you reckon we could get a top class striker (Harry Kane) for 40 million. Stones is very overrated, id leave him at Everton another year and if he plays well without the shackles of Martinez then by all means stump up 35 million then but he hasnt looked like justifying that tag to me.

Also you seem keen on Sane, why would you take him over Gotze when both would command similar price tags? I have seen him play twice this season, once he was good against Dortmund and once he a nothing game against Berlin. Even in the Dortmund game he didnt really stand out massively. His stats look decent though.

sane plays right wing, gotze is no 10 or left wing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

60m pounds for Pogba. There are not many teams that can afford him and i cant see him breaking a world record transfer fee.

Stones season wasnt great after all the chelsea talk so 40m would be tops.

harry kane would probably cost closer to 50m but with poch staying i cant see him moving. H

Higuain or Morata would probably cost 35-40m

Morata maybe, Higuain didn't join Arsenal for 35mil 4 years ago, and he's just had a record breaking season too. Won't go for less than 55 I'd say.

Harry Kane is English, has a 5 year contract, is 22, Spurs have no reason to sell him and he's the best striker in the league at the minute (bar Ageuro maybe). I'd say 75 mil min. Spurs aren't going to sell him at a discount to one of their main rivals for CL spots either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Probably wants to finish level on points with 4th so he can pull some weird twisted claim out of his arse.

He obviously wants to win 19-0 :pac:

In all seriousness, maybe he doesn't want to change his preparation for the FA Cup final and wants to pick the same team he intended to pick on Sunday.

I thought he was using the premier league games to decide who he would play in the cup final.

• Advertisement

Yep - don't know what the issue is, but he tweeted the other day about rehab. Shame, as I think he was part of the latest Holland squad (30 man, but still)

Shame alri, heard nothing of an injury myself, I think he's the best of the kids coming through that we have apart from Martial,

£40m for Morata would be ridiculous,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not a chance you get Higuain or Kane for under £60m this summer. Kane's price tag was meant to be 40-50m last year and since then he has gotten better. Likewise, Pogba's price tag last year was round 80m, so won't get him short of that.

AS saying Real have 4 weeks to activate De Gea's €50 million buyout clause.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/05/17/primera/1463442361_874004.html?autoplay=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Some prices being mentioned here are from 2010.

In reality

Pogba would be near £90m
    Kane would be near £70m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Rossi IRL wrote: »

In reality

Pogba would be near £90m
    Kane would be near £70m

Surely a player is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay, and I can't think of a single club that would be wiling to pay £70m for Kane.

Surely a player is only worth what a buying club is willing to pay, and I can't think of a single club that would be wiling to pay £70m for Kane.

Which is why Spurs would have such a high value on him. Wouldn't bother them at all if teams didn't want to pay. A player's worth is based on how much the selling team values them as much as how much the buyers do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Your possibly right but Spurs dont want to or need to sell so in this case he is worth whatever Spurs want for him. I honestly believe if someone were to try and buy Kane that Daniel Levy wouldnt even speak to them unless the offer was over 70m. This summer is going to be wild, transfer fees, especially those between Prem clubs is going to rise dramatically

Rossi IRL wrote: »

In reality

Pogba would be near £90m
    Kane would be near £70m

Bebe £30m :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bebe £30m :pac:

Eric Djemba Djemba €10

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Heatons/Sports World Castlebar are selling this seasons jersey for €12 and €10 for the kids sizes. I don't know about other stores. Sizes up to 4XL :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Eric Djemba Djemba €10

So good they named him twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lukekul wrote: »
    Heatons/Sports World Castlebar are selling this seasons jersey for €12 and €10 for the kids sizes. I don't know about other stores. Sizes up to 4XL :eek:

My aunt rang me today as she works in the Sligo store. She's sending me the white one!

Any United lads going to Woodshed in Cork this Saturday?

Going there as only place I know will show Scottish Cup final.

If anyone about let me know

Is it on any of the non Sky free terrestrial channels,Alba or BBC Scotland?

C'mon the Gers!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Since Liverpool are going for him as well, it would be worth gazumping them.

Unfortunately the way things are going I'd say he would choose Liverpool over us when you factor in Klopp and the fact they could well be in the CL next year.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Sky have gone positive! Sky Sports now saying Jose has been told the job is his IF LVG goes this summer. Yeah, yeah, IF. Still, Sky not raining on the parade any more :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Jose Mourinho told that @manutd manager's job is his if Louis Van Gaal leaves this summer. #SSNHQ

If?

That's hilarious. Has he Wenger-like status at the club now?

Lukekul wrote: »

Does that include the Black 3rd option? I think it's a savage little jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Something happening! Getting excited!
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/732587573621596160

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah. Sky have gone positive! Sky Sports now saying Jose has been told the job is his IF LVG goes this summer. Yeah, yeah, IF. Still, Sky not raining on the parade any more :P

Sky Sports UK?
    Who's telling him he has the job?

• SlickRic wrote: »
    If?

That's hilarious. Has he Wenger-like status at the club now?

I didn't spot your post intially but yeah lol hilarious
    Does LVG have Woody by the balls or something

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

No just Red and White here anyway

I think the IF might be...we won't sack him, he will "retire" by his own decision. Obviously we sack him, but this covers him with some dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

It's not in it. I was looking it aswell

The geo block on the online stream for Talksport 2 has been lifted but some sports will still be blocked for non UK listeners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

zorro2566 wrote: »
    The geo block on the online stream for Talksport 2 has been lifted but some sports will still be blocked for non UK listeners!

Cool. Is the match tonight on it? Or is soccer one of the ones still blocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

This time next week we will know eitherway if he isn't gone he will be in charge next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement