Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think the IF might be...we won't sack him, he will "retire" by his own decision. Obviously we sack him, but this covers him with some dignity.

Gonna have to direct you to M!Ck^'s signature. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Drumpot wrote: »
    Look at the United squad. They will prob finish level with city, even if it's been unspectacular. We lost the league on goal difference to city when SAF was in charge, but United bought a proven EPL top striker to fix that problem.

On paper city have much better players with little youth for improvement but they won nothing this season. On paper, United has a good squad with a lot more room for players to mature. I include the players who will of had one season under their belt at the start of next season.

Ibrahimovic would not be like the Larson 3 month loan. He would also be extremely unsettled and disruptive if his form wasn't great and any United manager tried to drop him. At a certain point a player, free or not, can be more of a liability then an asset. I think, as is the case in many instances, some fans are only interested in looking at the positives of signing him then even considering the potential negatives.

As someone who lives with a city fan I can assure you that is not true. I know the cups aren't held highly around here but the league cup final wasn't even that long ago. Hoping I can throw the FA cup in his face at the weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't see twitter...
    An update on Mourinho's situation. If Van Gaal leaves Mourinho will be given the Man United job.

SSN reporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fergie live on Newstalk from 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think the IF might be...we won't sack him, he will "retire" by his own decision. Obviously we sack him, but this covers him with some dignity.

Yep. I've said this many times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

zerks wrote: »
    SSN reporting.

Thanks, twitter blocked in work for me too.

It's still very vague..I wouldn't be getting too excited yet....dont want to disappoint myself :cool::cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sky's stance for weeks was that there had been no contact made with Jose. Today, that's changed. Wonder who they have been talking too :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My aunt rang me today as she works in the Sligo store. She's sending me the white one!

white one purchased for myself, and the red full kit wanker for my 4 month old son :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sky haven't a notion- they just want to drum up interest in United so people tune in to this throw away game tonight. Watch them ask LvG about it before the game and for him to drop some quality one liner that they milk all summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its beginning to play out now. Will be done is stages.

Adios Van Gaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Maybe VanGaal is going to give a farewell speech tonight & they are just trying to look like they are in the know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Sky don't know s**t. Don't know why people think they're the real deal when it comes to news especially with transfers.

I'll never forget when they announced we had signed Gundogan and had the yellow bar and everything when in reality nothing had happened at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

zerks wrote: »

I can't believe Sky have just run that story - "Mourinhio told the job is his if VG leaves" - WTF? Are we talking about one of the largest football clubs in the world or something someone told them down the pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Yeah this SSN stuff is just filler in the absence of any real news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sky have it on the yellow breaking news banner right now. Hopefully there's some substance to it at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This is a huge breakthrough. Sadly, if we do win the FA cup I can potentially see LVG staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sky don't know s**t. Don't know why people think they're the real deal when it comes to news especially with transfers.

I'll never forget when they announced we had signed Gundogan and had the yellow bar and everything when in reality nothing had happened at all!!

i dont think they said we had signed him, was it not we had reached an agreement to sign him?? big difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Delighted with Sky reporting that. I don't think Mourinho is a man to wait around so he must be fairly certain on the United job. Best news in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lukekul wrote: »
    Heatons/Sports World Castlebar are selling this seasons jersey for €12 and €10 for the kids sizes. I don't know about other stores. Sizes up to 4XL :eek:

I got this seasons home kit in Champion Sports in Blanch(Their "factory" outlet) for like €20

• Advertisement

giggs-2_1903054c.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any chance this is leading towards a retirement announcement tonight? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheDoc wrote: »
    giggs-2_1903054c.jpg

Rui Faria goes everywhere with Mourinho so bye bye, Giggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Any chance this is leading towards a retirement announcement tonight? :D

That's what I was thinking(hoping)!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rui Faria goes everywhere with Mourinho so bye bye, Giggs.

Kinda what I'm getting at, that and maybe finally an end to the most ludicrous suggestion ever, that Giggs takes over

TheDoc wrote: »
    Kinda what I'm getting at, that and maybe finally an end to the most ludicrous suggestion ever, that Giggs takes over

After the match tonight, LVG to announce his retirement and that he will pass the reins to his protege, who will continue his good works. His parting gift will be to hand Giggs a cup final and trophy with the first game of his management career.

(Horrifyingly, this is almost as plausible as much of the wanton fantasizing that goes on around here)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gonna take what I'm seeing on Sky Sports News with a massive grain of salt, if it's true, and big IF, Good Riddance to LVG, also good luck to Giggs, he's nowhere near ready to manage United..

• Sky are a joke

The only reason they are talking this ****e is to generate some hype for a dead rubber game

Just watched the report, it's just nonsense speculation as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd pay little heed to the Sky story alright... It's not exactly committing to anything.. Either LVG stays or if he goes Jose is in... Not exactly going out on a limb... however the reason they are running this in my view is because of the following scenario...

Tonight will be a huge indication as to if LVG will be here next season. At this point he MUST know his fate. During his speech after the game (I presume there will be one) and he starts talking about next season you'd have to say it's a given that he will be staying. I don't think the club would let him go on and do that and sack him a couple of days later or after the FA Cup regardless of the result, that wouldn't be seen as being very classy on the clubs behalf. Just could be he announces his own exit tonight, either way we should get a pretty big indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I love the way it says Manchester United say that the job will be his if the owners decide...are the owners not part of Manchester United? So it's basically like me saying the job is his, once the club decide.

• Advertisement

• The report is pure contradiction aswell. So they are now saying Jose has been told (by someone) that he has the job if the board sack LVG.

Again who told Jose? They haven't answered the question.

Are they trying to speculate without directly saying "Hey jose you have the job if we sack LVG"

It's laughable

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I love the way it says Manchester United say that the job will be his if the owners decide...are the owners not part of Manchester United? So it's basically like me saying the job is his, once the club decide.

Sure the job is mine, once the owners decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why would they announce anything before the FA Cup final. Makes no sense. LVG got us there, would seem crazy to have all the talk in the build up to the game to be about Jose etc and not on the match. Why create the distraction.

Nothing will happen until after the FA Cup. If they win then nothing will happen until a few days after, if they lose I can see him bowing out the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

At this stage the journalists are just throwing crap at the wall hoping some of it will stick.

I think the only men that knows is eddie and the glazers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Leroy42 wrote: »

Nothing will happen until after the FA Cup. If they win then nothing will happen until a few days after, if they lose I can see him bowing out the next day.
    I really hope the "owners" are not waiting on the result of the FA Cup to decide whether he will remain on for another year. May aswell appoint Januzaj as manager for that game and if we win make him permanent. Embarassing Champions League exit, embarassing football, and an embarassing league campaign culminising in missing out on top 4 quite comprehensively in the end. Plus playing probably the worst football of any team in the top half of the table. If he's not gone straight after the FA Cup final, the "owners" will be displaying total neglience towards the club and will deserve everything they get. It seems they are determined to finish off any chance the club has of becoming competitive again domestically and in Europe. And it's scary how many fans do not see just how far the club has already fallen. And how long it could take to come back even from this position. It seems all the board, and too many fans see nowadays, is £££.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

So Mata omitted from the Spain squad - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/diego-costa-juan-mata-spain-euro-2016-squad

100% down to the turgid football LVG has made the guy play.

What kind of a message does it send to other talented players who might be on Utd's radar? Join us and kill your international career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So Mata omitted from the Spain squad - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/17/diego-costa-juan-mata-spain-euro-2016-squad

100% down to the turgid football LVG has made the guy play.

What kind of a message does it send to other talented players who might be on Utd's radar? Join us and kill your international career?

He hasn't been picked for the national team more often than not though has he?

If any of the owners, executives or Woodward or whoever are basing the 'should he stay or go' decision on whether we win the FA cup thenthey should be ****ed out with LVG. I don't think the decision making at the club could be that unenlightened , or could it ? :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This week is the only chance for LVG to leave behind any positive memories from his time at Old Trafford. If he was to announce retirement tonight after the game and then deliver the FA cup at the weekend I think in a few years time we may think bad a lot more fondly than if we go though another year of this crap.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    This week is the only chance for LVG to leave behind any positive memories from his time at Old Trafford. If he was to announce retirement tonight after the game and then deliver the FA cup at the weekend I think in a few years time we may think bad a lot more fondly than if we go though another year of this crap.

I agree, think if LVG is to go it will be his last gig as a manager and would like to go with some class and tonight would be a good way to do it... leave the Jose or whoever announcement until after the final...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Same team as Sunday..bit weird with the cup final coming up. Hopefully no knocks picked up tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Poor Louis has a screw loose or something me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

strange team would have rested the martial rash ford carrick smalling at least

Louis must really want 5th place or he thinks those 19 goals are happening

is this on TV???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

sky88 wrote: »
    strange team would have rested the martial rash ford carrick smalling at least

Louis must really want 5th place or he thinks those 19 goals are happening

is this on TV???

Sky sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Teams a bit loaded for an utterly pointless game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Teams a bit loaded for an utterly pointless game.

Cue nil all draw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Ridiculous but what else would you expect from LVG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

If somebody gets injured today.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Saw this on sky sports news earlier for Manchester United this season.
    Rankings in the premier league for the following:
    Goals - 11th
    Shots - 16th
    Chances created - 18th
    Passes backwards - 1st
    Sideways passes - 3rd
    Average possession - 2nd

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Saw this on sky sports news earlier for Manchester United this season.
    Rankings in the premier league for the following:
    Goals - 11th
    Shots - 16th
    Chances created - 18th
    Passes backwards - 1st
    Sideways passes - 3rd
    Average possession - 2nd

We didn't even win the possession ???... right thats my mind made up.. LVG OUT !!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement