Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »

"The transition period is not over yet. I am still the manager."

Maybe thats why its not over

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

"It was an unnecessary goal against us to deny David de Gea the golden glove. It's a pity.

Gutted for Big Dave, hope it's not the last straw for him :mad:
    Surely LVG could have subbed him with Romero at 2-0, did we really need Ashley Young?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sam Wallace showing exactly how to take quotes out of context.. basically from the post Adox posted a few mins ago

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/732686692067512324?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hopefully he goes after Saturday and takes fellaini with him

bangkok wrote: »

why the **** do you have to start a Fellaini debate every time you post!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Louis says he came to win a title, he hopes to win a title on Saturday.
    But he is talking about next season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

astradave wrote: »
    Sam Wallace showing exactly how to take quotes out of context.. basically from the post Adox posted a few mins ago

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/732686692067512324?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That is sport journalism right there in a nutshell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »
    Maybe thats why its not over

I know there is lots of quotes on Twitter from post match interviews of him saying yes he will be here next season because he has a 3 year contract, but I'm more convinced than ever that he's gone.

From his words it looks like a sacking now rather than a spun "mutual consent". I'm sure he knows he gone and he's digging in, letting the board know they will have to remove and compensate him, which is standard fare these days.

Will be after the FA cup now by the looks of it. I really thought a mutual agreement would be spun and announced before the FA cup so he could have his cup final and there wouldn't be constant speculation and just would have made more sense to me for numerous reasons and for all parties concerned.

Of course now that 4th is officially gone the board may surprise us and sack him tomorrow but that would leave Giggs in charge for the final and I just can't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im starting to warm to the big fella though. If we can replace him with quality though then i could live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

"The transition period is not over yet. I am still the manager."

The transition from perennial title challenger to the new Liverpool is nearly done though, and I have little doubt Van Gaal will see that job through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

How will you cope if Fellani scores the winner on Saturday? :eek::D

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Im starting to warm to the big fella though. If we can replace him with quality though then i could live with that.

I'd rather have Felliani in midfield than go through the "Rooney in midfield" experiment yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

why the **** do you have to start a Fellaini debate every time you post!! :rolleyes:

Because someone always responds to him when he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Expectations are too high.

Yup, he's gone completely mental. We're only one of the biggest clubs in the world. If we keep this guy (not going to happen I feel) then we're well on our way to becoming another Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's a little sour because things haven't gone to plan, trying to make the job he has done look better than it is. Hopefully we win the cup Sunday and he can retire on a meagre high

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Won't be too hard to do that in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

unitedinhistory.com is good.

2214 United games in my lifetime.
    My first United victory was a 2-1 home win to Everton 17/04/1976

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's worse than Moyes saying United should "aspire to be more like City"

It's not even in the same ballpark. Moyes' comments were practically commendable by comparison. Really naive and ill-conceived, but nonetheless the underlying sentiment was "This club should be banging in goals and winning the league". LVG is on a whole other planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You are unbelievable your like a broken record mixed into a bit of groundhog day.

Judging by the dirt performances of the team over the past few Months compaired to Fellainis performance in the few weeks that you were conveniently missing from here he is one of our better midfielders id have him on current form ahead of Ander, Schneiderlin what bastian served up before his injury.

At least Fellaini tries to move the team forward or put in a few albeit nasty challenges but at least it's a effort more then the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

1710 in mine, with almost 60% win rate

1003 wins
    377 draws and
    just 330 losses

First victory, a 2-1 win at Cheslea

Plenty of fun little stats in there actually.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Wasn't a debate or wasn't meant to be.

It really was a game of two halves tonight. The first summed up LVG's spell at the club. It was that boring that I decided to bake some bread, for real...

6cZbvMM.jpg?1

The second half showed that there are players on the field capable of playing some attractive, effective football together. Yes I know the opposition was 'only' Bournemouth, but the team has shown glimpses of this 'football' thing over the season which kind of makes it more frustrating that we are where we are and LVG hasn't been able to kick things on.

As I said a few days ago, this team could put three or four past Bournemouth, but it will be too little too late. Surely the loss of C.L. alone should guarantee the manager's departure but I don't expect any announcement this side of the F.A. Cup final. I do expect an announcement though.

Seen this tonight, Man Utd 49 goals, Blackpool relegated in 2011 with 55 goals!!

You see lots of irrelevant things as interesting?

Wait I can see how this goes.....

Me: Blackpools goals scored when they were relegated 5 years ago has no relevance to United this season.
    You: Lack of goals is irrelevant now is it?!??!?"!?
    Me: Not really what I said
    You: Its right there in black and white!! IRRELEVANT
    Me: Uhuh, you can misrepresent whatever you want, I won't be wasting much time refuting or repeating something that obvious tbh
    You: Your as much of a rotter as that awful man Fellaini!!!!!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/732695215308308480

Post match interview with the Beeb.

Seen this tonight, Man Utd 49 goals, Blackpool relegated in 2011 with 55 goals!!

You can't expect goals AND possession, your expectations are too high!

You see lots of irrelevant things as interesting?

You just posted some crap about united in history a minute ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

stankratz wrote: »
    6cZbvMM.jpg?1

Your expectations are too high. We can't burn all the bread overnight in this oven!

It's impossible.

Not all the bread has the right philosophy yet, it takes time. :o

• Advertisement

You can't expect goals AND possession, your expectations are too high!

Sorry, my bad. Lvg forever..... :(

Games: 2707
    Won: 1457
    Drawn: 660
    Lost: 590

First victory: 5-0 at home v Sunderland on 26/11/1966. I was 1 day old!!

Tomorrow night will be interesting. We've run face first into a brick wall but the guy behind might not have seen it yet because he's taking a selfie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Official attendance not announced to the crowd in Old Trafford tonight apparently, the official Premier League website has it set as 74,000 default... I wonder could it be the lowest OT attendance in PL history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Expectations are too high? Does he know he's manager of Manchester United?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Official attendance not announced to the crowd in Old Trafford tonight apparently, the official Premier League website has it set as 74,000 default... I wonder could it be the lowest OT attendance in PL history?

Calculations were too high.

• Advertisement

It was a sell out at the weekend, I assume they will enter that figure into the history books?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

It was a sell out at the weekend, I assume they will enter that figure into the history books?

I would think the same. You would think attendance is based on tickets sold unless there's some other way of counting how many people actually took their seats?

I honestly don't know what way it's taken... Very strange seeing OT so empty!

Pro-sports team don't usually count numbers through the gate. They'll go by a number including season ticket holders whether they turn up or not. Not something Utd have to worry about usually but the police would have the most accurate figures because I think it effects how many officers and resources they can deploy to an event, but that might be different in some jurisdictions and I've no idea about GMP.

1843 games
    1077 won
    411 draws
    355 losses

Win % of 58.44%

First Win was a 2-0 charity shield game Vs Liverpool on 20 Aug 83 that Robbo scored twice (my Dad was at it :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Games: 1835
    Won: 1072
    Drawn: 410
    Lost: 353

First win 1-0 vs Liverpool, only 1 day old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

My total games 1725

W- 1016
    D- 378
    L- 331

My first game was 17/8/85
    4-0 win over Aston Villa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Tried to put in my details but it it wont go lower then 1915, bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

So it has all come down to the FA Cup to redeem the last two seasons for LVG and his squad of misfits. Win or lose, Man Utd are entering a new era. At worst, it will go the way of Liverpool in the 90s. At best, Wenger's Arsenal of the last decade. Nothing good lies ahead for fans expecting anywhere near the level of success of Ferguson's era. Even Ferguson would struggle to succeed with so much competition and money in the game now.

This seasons adult United jerseys (red and white) are in Heatons for €12 people!

Unbelievable price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This seasons adult United jerseys (red and white) are in Heatons for €12 people!

Unbelievable price!

Have they gone up for sale yet?

whats the ploy with all the cheap jerseys not outta goodness of heart

Have they gone up for sale yet?
    They are selling off the stock apparently.. Got the away white one yesterday and am getting the home jersey tomorrow from the cousin who works in there :)

whats the ploy with all the cheap jerseys not outta goodness of heart
    They are the official adidas replica jerseys so I have no idea... €12 is ridiculous like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Overpriced.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement