Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

How did Schweinsteiger get into the Germany squad???

joachim loew called him up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Julez wrote: »
    100% agree, I'd be playing him over Rojo all day long. Rojo is bad defensively and going forward. I had hope, but I don't rate him at all now.

Rojo is terrible I hope he's sold this summer,

Was talking to a mate last night about possibly playing CBJ full back and make Shaw a winger, we obviously wouldn't be as great going forward but our left side would be on lock down. :D Doubt it will happen obviously but if we get Jose in I could see it happen for his park the bus games possibly, anyway just a thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lukaku's father is saying they are working on a move before the Euros, for £65m and it will probably be us or Bayern.

Linked with us for 65m will join bayern for 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lads. Don't give him the opportunities. Let him have his little victories for himself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Linked with us for 65m for 62 days, will join bayern for 35 in 62 seconds.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If United stick with LVG - we are sticking with a manager who thinks challenging for the title is too much for Manchester United fans to expect. That, all on its own, should be reason enough to turf him out the door. Such a lack of ambition is a disgrace.

IT should be noted that as part of last nights post match written conference, he stated he would be aiming to win the premier league title next season.

He also outlined his famous "I have said this when I first started, it is a three year process". And in fairness to him he did say it.

I think he has tried to lower expectations while he does what he feels is a rebuild job, that will provide dividends in the third year. I think he has just communicated that, horrendously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

If United stick with LVG - we are sticking with a manager who thinks challenging for the title is too much for Manchester United fans to expect. That, all on its own, should be reason enough to turf him out the door. Such a lack of ambition is a disgrace.

I think the expectations quotes are being run with in a slightly misguided manner. LVG did always say that he expects the title within 3 years.
    In saying that I am not averse to him leaving his post this year, though I would be against appointing Jose.

TheDoc wrote: »

IT should be noted that as part of last nights post match written conference, he stated he would be aiming to win the premier league title next season.

He also outlined his famous "I have said this when I first started, it is a three year process". And in fairness to him he did say it.

I think he has tried to lower expectations while he does what he feels is a rebuild job, that will provide dividends in the third year. I think he has just communicated that, horrendously.
    Snap!

TheDoc wrote: »

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

ericzeking wrote: »
    I think the expectations quotes are being run with in a slightly misguided manner. LVG did always say that he expects the title within 3 years.
    In saying that I am not averse to him leaving his post this year, though I would be against appointing Jose.

It would rip all perceived wisdom assunder if LVG lead Utd to the title with the players knowing he wouldn't be around the next season and the vast majority of fans wishing him to get sacked every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

May 2015 - He said he we were close and thought we could win the league 2015/16
    May 2016 - Fans expectations are too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Lukaku.....

FYP mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Was that Lvg's send or third season with us? It's gotten so boring and hard to watch I can't be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Was that Lvg's send or third season with us? It's gotten so boring and hard to watch I can't be sure.

Neither, it's the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    by the way I only missed 4 games as I was away but seen them all, just wasn't on boards to talk about them

4 games I was away for were..

1) west ham 1-2 man utd fa cup
    2) man utd 1-0 aston villa
    3)man utd 2-0 crystal palace
    4) everton 1-2 man utd fa cup

game 1 was his best game for us this season
    game 2 was average against one of the worst teams in premier league history
    game 3 he came on for last 12 mins
    game 4 solid game against his old team, taken off when game was still 1-1

played against Leicester and then got a 3 match ban.

look at the above teams, hardly world beaters

also, the above is not fellaini "bashing", its the facts

So basically you are a pox on the team?

Are you going to watch the game Saturday?

If so I may lump this months wages on Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just a question, I was to young to really remember Steve Bruce playing, but as a captain of a championship winning side I always wondered why he never got capped for England. Im aware he got a cap for the b team but always felt bemused as to why he never got a full cap especially with England not qualifying for the world cup in 94. Anybody shed any light in the situation.

Suppose the same can be said for Le tiss

So basically you are a pox on the team?

Are you going to watch the game Saturday?

If so I may lump this months wages on Palace.

I just said I watched all the games....

I see City are interested in Sane now as well, could be more bad news for us

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I have no idea who you are talking about.

Elbowman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sirsok wrote: »
    Just a question, I was to young to really remember Steve Bruce playing, but as a captain of a championship winning side I always wondered why he never got capped for England. Im aware he got a cap for the b team but always felt bemused as to why he never got a full cap especially with England not qualifying for the world cup in 94. Anybody shed any light in the situation.

No real reason. England had some good CB at time, and while I think Bruce Pally partnership I do think Bruce should have 20-30 caps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sirsok wrote: »

At the time England had pretty established center backs, Tony Adams and Des Walker. You also had the likes of Terry Butcher, Martin Keown, Mark Wright and Pallister aswell.

Plus you had Graham Taylor managing them during what was Bruce's best period of football - and he had some bad selections in his time. He probably would've been in the mix for selection for Euro 96 but he was too old at that stage to be chancing giving caps to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Coat22 wrote: »

Lotta lads posted about this last night and this morning

No real reason. England had some good CB at time, and while I think Bruce Pally partnership I do think Bruce should have 20-30 caps

My hero from childhood,Jimmy Greenhoff (The Liverpool Destroyer) was a prolific goalscorer with Birmingham,Leeds,Stoke and United and he never got a full England cap either!

Coat22 wrote: »

What would be cooler is if Saturday his last trophy as a manutd player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I thought the booing at the start of LVG speech last night was poor showing, classless by the fans.

FWIW the BBC radio commentator said the booing was from one section of the fans and started when a would-be pitch invader was roughly removed by the stewards.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope we bid Bayern up, whatever you think about Lukaku 30-45million is a steal for such a young, consistent talent. £50-60 million is what we should be making them pay for him

I hate seeing Bayern get unbelievable deals most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What would be cooler is if Saturday his last trophy as a manutd player

Be careful what you wish for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Lot of Sevilla fans in here for tonight I can imagine. The thoughts of them lot getting Champions League again with Utd missing out, please no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

s.welstead wrote: »
    Lot of Sevilla fans in here for tonight I can imagine. The thoughts of them lot getting Champions League again with Utd missing out, please no.

I dont give a **** about the Europa League final n matter who wins it

The only thing in the footballing world I do give a **** about is getting LVG kicked out of the Club.

I currently dont give a **** about the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I dont give a **** about the Europa League final n matter who wins it

The only thing in the footballing world I do give a **** about is getting LVG kicked out of the Club.

I currently dont give a **** about the FA Cup.

tumblr_m0dpevTRh31rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Polo_Mint ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

unitedinhistory.com

SAF was manager for 90% of my life.
    First Victory - European Cup-Winners' Cup 2-0 United (C. BLACKMORES/BRUCE)
    1439 games (W 882, D 302, L 255)
    Goal Difference +1408
    Top Goalscorer - Wayne Rooney (245)
    Trophy Cabinet - 37

I wonder could we just clone SAF forever :)

irishfeen wrote: »
    unitedinhistory.com

SAF was manager for 90% of my life.
    First Victory - European Cup-Winners' Cup 2-0 United (C. BLACKMORES/BRUCE)
    1439 games (W 882, D 302, L 255)
    Goal Difference +1408
    Top Goalscorer - Wayne Rooney (245)
    Trophy Cabinet - 37

I wonder could we just clone SAF forever :)

Apparently your expectations are now too high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Apparently your expectations are now too high

That's going to be our new running joke, similar to the Mata one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

All I want from the football tonight is a fast, exciting game of football, played in the best spirit of the game.

And whichever of Accrington or Wimbledon win, I hope they go on to get promoted.

All I want from the football tonight is a fast, exciting game of football, played in the best spirit of the game.

And whichever of Accrington or Wimbledon win, I hope they go on to get promoted.

Accrington Stanley?

Who are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

we need a manager to come in and set the bar at winning everything again, none of this celebrating top 4 nonsense.

we need a manager that forgets the last 3 years even happened. we are in the top 4 biggest clubs in the world, a 5th place finish is disastrous, a manager talking about finishing in top 4 as too high an expectation should be hanged by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

we need a manager to come in and set the bar at winning everything again, none of this celebrating top 4 nonsense.

we need a manager that forgets the last 3 years even happened. we are in the top 4 biggest clubs in the world, a 5th place finish is disastrous, a manager talking about finishing in top 4 as too high an expectation should be hanged by the club.
    You can watch that type of manager in the Europa League Final tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Canadel wrote: »
    You can watch that type of manager in the Europa League Final tonight.

I would sooner stab my knob thatn watch that....

The honey monster can go and do one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are the board and Ed Woodward blind to what is going on. Ed needs to grow a pair and get rid of LVG. If LVG is still manager at the start of the new season fans should start protesting outside the stadium. Hes a complete spoofer. That expectations comment about being satisfied with Europa League football an not challenging for the title should be the final nail in the coffin on his tenure:mad:

s.welstead wrote: »

Please no is right, they all think its a forgone conclusion . I'm hoping to do some trolling on facebook later

Accrington Stanley?

Who are they?

Exactly!!

Seeing klopp with pool makes me sad. He was meant for us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭thomasj

Please . This season has been a living hell! I can't wait to see the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bangkok wrote: »
    Seeing klopp with pool makes me sad. He was meant for us :(

Vomit.

Sucks seeing them win it but it's been guaranteed ever since they knocked out Dortmund. I used up all my rage that night so I'm not too bothered about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Cracking goal, in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What the actual **** just happened to my boards theme, anyone elses change to this new, jesus I dont know what this is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If you told me Headshot if we win the FA Cup LVG stays on but if we lose he goes.

I would have no problem with loosing. It would horrible but I think the long term future is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement