Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

It's a common contraction of 'you will', referring to you in the simple future tense. Although in this particular case, 'you' could be expanded to include anyone who does not affiliate themselves with one of the top teams.

I affiliate myself with ManU in the PL

So you could be right then in that context

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You'd swear he is a club ambassador the way he goes on.

In the PL - Arsenal, City, probaby Chelsea and possibly Spurs would be bigger current draws.

Then you have Bayern, PSG, Juve and I would say At. Madrid (though money...) would be bigger draws.

you forgot about Man Utd who will always be a bigger draw for any player over liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

weisses wrote: »
    I affiliate myself with ManU in the PL

So you could be right then in that context

Fair enough, can't really tell from your posts. You may feel free to disregard the second sentence of the offending post if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

bangkok wrote: »
    Michael Owen last night on tv........

"Who's better than Liverpool? Who's bigger than Liverpool? Who can you go to? Barcelona and Real Madrid will attract anyone, I suppose… but after that, where else is there to go? I can't imagine you're going to go anywhere else in the Premier League."

Isn't he a club ambassador these days... ?

248484_1.jpg

article-2255855-16B8A58F000005DC-781_634x441.jpg

For Liverpool I mean. He has a lot of sucking up to do :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"Who's better than Liverpool? Who's bigger than Liverpool? Who can you go to? Barcelona and Real Madrid will attract anyone, I suppose… but after that, where else is there to go? I can't imagine you're going to go anywhere else in the Premier League."

So, to clarify, Owen thinks that aside from Barcelona and Real Madrid, no other club would be a bigger draw to a potential signing than Liverpool.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    To be fair, Michael Owen makes Jamie Redknapp look like some kind of Brian Clough/Alex Ferguson/Bill Shankly/Ron Manager supernatural hybrid of infinite knowledge. That Vine of him hiding behind his rear view mirror from a few weeks back sums it up... maybe not so much a prat, as just really, really simple.

You'd swear he is a club ambassador the way he goes on.

Not sure if this was sarcasm prob was but Owen is a club abassador for liverpool of some sort or a representitive or some **** I think I read a feww months back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Billy86 wrote: »
    To be fair, Michael Owen makes Jamie Redknapp look like some kind of Brian Clough/Alex Ferguson/Bill Shankly/Ron Manager supernatural hybrid of infinite knowledge. That Vine of him hiding behind his rear view mirror from a few weeks back sums it up... maybe not so much a prat, as just really, really simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgZFs56p00

redknapp still awfull :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

Fair enough, can't really tell from your posts. You may feel free to disregard the second sentence of the offending post if you wish.

Ahh No Nothing offending there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At present, Pogba is understood to have two firm offers. One is from Manchester United, who despite missing out on Champions League qualification for the second time in three years remain obsessed with the idea of bringing an elite player to Old Trafford. The other is PSG, whose ownership by Qatar, provides them with the finances to try and tempt Pogba to commit himself to Ligue 1 football.

It's from our fave 'journalist' Duncan Castles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »

So not worth reading then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    So not worth reading then.

That's why I didn't put in the link,he ain't gettin' no clicks homie.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Good effort by United this season, to get Uefa cup football with the squad LVG has nothing short of a miracle, the board needs to back him big this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Good effort by United this season, to get Uefa cup football with the squad LVG has nothing short of a miracle, the board needs to back him big this year

eh are you taking the Michael.....

for once I'd love for him to be right but its not going to happen

where's FutureGuy to jinx it for us.....

brinty wrote: »
    eh are you taking the Michael.....

Did you not read the username.. poop stirring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

With the right signings and right management I can see a title winning squad at United.

I do think there are some key first team signing required, but I also think there is a lot more quality in the United side than we have seen from them. I think Darmian, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Herrera and Memphis have a lot more quality than they have shown.

De Gea
    Darmian---Smalling----New CB---Shaw
    Schneiderlin
    Herrera
    New CM
    New RW
    Martial
    New ST

backed by Rooney, Rashford, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Young, Blind, Jones, Fosu-Mensah, CBJ and a further couple of signings. I think that, on paper, is good enough to compete - and then id be looking for a manager that can change that from paper to pitch.

Aubameyang, Griezmann, Pogba and Stones please :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

and would you look at the Humour Thread :)

I'm still wrong though aren't I

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

LVG is just not appreciated at Utd, if he was Arsenal boss their fans would be demanding he be offered a new contract. I'd love to see him at Arsenal.

• This thread, the humour thread and the match thread just keep on giving :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Isn't he a club ambassador these days... ?

248484_1.jpg

article-2255855-16B8A58F000005DC-781_634x441.jpg

For Liverpool I mean. He has a lot of sucking up to do :D:D

It's nice for them to have someone with a Premier League medal at the club to look up to.

Korat wrote: »
    LVG is just not appreciated at Utd, if he was Arsenal boss their fans would be demanding he be offered a new contract. I'd love to see him at Arsenal.

Id love to see him anywhere but united.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So, to clarify, Owen thinks that aside from Barcelona and Real Madrid, no other club would be a bigger draw to a potential signing than Liverpool.

When I heard him say that, I came to the the conclusion his horses are more intelligent than he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The ravings of a lunatic.

RobertKK wrote: »
    When I heard him say that, I came to the the conclusion his horses are more intelligent than he is.

wouldn't be difficult from the sounds of things with Mr Owen

Aubameyang, Griezmann, Pogba and Stones Laporte/Varane please :)

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

FYP
    Aubameyang, Griezmann, Pogba and Stones please :)

I would disagree with Stones aswell. Serious potential but very inconsistent at present and gambles with possession. This side needs a proven centre back in alongside Smalling that will boss the area.

Luke Shaw back in training,.great to see but look at that scar!

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/733259415688777728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lukey has been in the gym :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I honestly can't accept digs from Arsenal fans

I mean, if we win the FA cup Sunday we'll have won as many trophies as you lot in the last 4 years, despite us having collapsed and been in complete turmoil during that period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lukey has been in the gym :eek:

Looks a little pudgier to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Looks a little pudgier to me

Dem gains.

We can rebuild him. We have the technology Adidas money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

He will be in great shape for new season, remember him last Aug and how well he was playing. He needs to repeat last years preseason work. Great to see him back on grass.Like signing a new player :)

I think Pogba would happily return to United with the right offer, he knows PSG will be there in the future and I think he might feel he has unfinished business in England.
    I am sure he would love to return to United like the knight in shining armour and win the PL and other trophies with United.
    Anyway United needs to continue to go French in my opinion.
    Varane if he is open to joining, Pogba if he is open to returning, but we will not get Griezmann who will remain with Atletico.

Pogba was favourite to join Barcelona, but they are financially tied up with trying to pay for a new deal for Neymar.
    I think if he comes back to England it will be to United.
    So the claims are Barcelona were going to pay €80 million and pay him €12 million after tax, but now their priorities are for their defense and keeping Neymar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I think Pogba would happily return to United with the right offer, he knows PSG will be there in the future and I think he might feel he has unfinished business in England.
    I am sure he would love to return to United like the knight in shining armour and win the PL and other trophies with United.
    Varane if he is open to joining, Pogba if he is open to returning, but we will not get Griezmann who will remain with Atletico.

Pogba was favourite to join Barcelona, but they are financially tied up with trying to pay for a new deal for Neymar.
    So the claims are Barcelona were going to pay €80 million and pay him €12 million after tax, but now their priorities are for their defense and keeping Neymar.

Serious question, Why on earth would Pogba sign for Utd with no Champions League and a fan base (and i assume players) who hate the manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Serious question, Why on earth would Pogba sign for Utd with no Champions League and a fan base (and i assume players) who hate the manager?

The latter part won't be an issue this time next week.

Barca seem to be up the creek with money at the minute and don't have a nice donor like the king of Spain or federal government to bail them out..
    If Neymar was available I'd go all out for him no matter what it takes.. we need that one marquee name and others will follow. I also don't think he's happy being third fiddle to Messi and Suarez, he's young enough to come to us and have the whole team build to suit him.

Saying that PSG is a more likely destination for him to replace Zlatan.. PSG will want a big splash to replace him and I think its him or Pogba that they want.. the French tax regime may work in our favor as the neymars love their moolah, dinero cash money!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The latter part won't be an issue this time next week.

You want to bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Korat wrote: »
    I think Tottenham will be the team to beat next season. Apart from Kane their squad isn't much better than ours and with a decent coach using suitable tactics we can get a lot more out of what we have.

They could just as easily go the way of Newcastle back in the 90s imho. Contenders playing entertaining football, a couple of near misses with the title and go back to also rans.

Not sure of how their new stadium deal is structured but that may hamper them financially for a while like it did with Arsenal.

I don't believe United will stick with LVG.
    Pogba and any other player should see the bigger picture - one year outside the CL versus lets say a 4 year contract.
    United have a lot going for them, despite the mess on the field which puts even the most enthusiastic United fan asleep at times, one just has to look at United and the sheer potential - the amount of money the club will have to spend is only increasing at a rapid pace - meaning they can pay the wages for top players, and pay the transfer fees for top players. That means the club can be ambitious while being sustainable and not a crock model like Leeds.
    Pogba knows United are the biggest club in England and the best supported worldwide, just look at shirt sales from all the clubs in the world, United have around half the top 10 and only beaten by Messi and Ronaldo for the number 1 shirt sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

United have around half the top 10 and only beaten by Messi and Ronaldo for the number 1 shirt sold.

3 - Martial, Rooney and Schweinsteiger.

Pogba would be top 10 though at United, not sure Schweini will keep his spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

€12 is ridiculously cheap for these.. :)

oprcwx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

irishfeen wrote: »
    €12 is ridiculously cheap for these.. :)

oprcwx.jpg

You could use the money you saved to buy a nice bedspread

I jest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Welcome back!

I must say, I'm looking forward to see what wacky name you come up with for Guardiola.

Poop is too easy so I'm expecting big things from you this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

You could use the money you saved to buy a nice bedspread

I jest...
    Do you honestly think I have anything to do with what's on it... If it was up to me it would be back to straw :) ... Not my department!

The juice man's come calling Robert.
    United will be top 3.
    20 euro charity bet? :P
    I will take the challenge.

Obviously everyone hopes you are a loser :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

6Gvra.gif

Barca seem to be up the creek with money at the minute and don't have a nice donor like the king of Spain or federal government to bail them out..
    If Neymar was available I'd go all out for him no matter what it takes.. we need that one marquee name and others will follow. I also don't think he's happy being third fiddle to Messi and Suarez, he's young enough to come to us and have the whole team build to suit him.

Saying that PSG is a more likely destination for him to replace Zlatan.. PSG will want a big splash to replace him and I think its him or Pogba that they want.. the French tax regime may work in our favor as the neymars love their moolah, dinero cash money!!!!!

Would love Neymar, he is in a great team but as you say he is behind both Messi and Suarez, and if he moved to United, I think it would work in a lot of ways for him both off and on the field as you also say.
    I read though Real Madrid are interested too, and they are supposedly offering to help with his tax issues. But if he went to RM, then one would think maybe Ronaldo would be leaving.

The juice man's come calling Robert.

Well done :)

PM payment details, I blame the stupid period around Christmas when the team went on holidays...to think only 5 points off 2nd place...

PM payment details, I blame the stupid period around Christmas when the team went on holidays...to think only 5 points off 2nd place...

No need for payment details, a donation to Alone would be great if it suits.

I blame Van Gaal ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When the pressure was on the team folded. They got top and started losing and drawing to bad teams. Everytime bar the City game that they absolutely had to win a game they messed up. Wolfsburg, Liverpool 2nd leg and West Ham probably the biggest games of the season and despite having the lead in all the games (ok Liverpool was behind on aggregate) they failed to get the job done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement