Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

bangkok wrote: »
    He would fit perfectly into the arsenal team and i could see him going there.

In what role? Have about 6 players vying for 2 CM positions as is and Xhaka looks to be signing as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

domrush wrote: »
    In what role? Have about 6 players vying for 2 CM positions as is and Xhaka looks to be signing as well

ramsey/cazorla/coquelain currently play the 2 deep positions, carrick is better than all 3 in that position, elneny just signed as well but carrick better than him as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

ramsey/cazorla/coquelain currently play the 2 deep positions, carrick is better than all 3 in that position

He's not better than Cazorla to be honest. Not knocking Carrick , I rate him, but he isn't. Entirely different player to Coqulein as well. There's also Elneny and Wilshere playing those two positions with Xhaka looking likely to join and take one of them as well. We've just took Arteta off the books why would we replace him with a like-for-like player of the same age (although Carrick is better than Arteta)

He could do a job at Everton replacing Gareth Barry I think. They need the wealth of experience Carrick has

domrush wrote: »
    He's not better than Cazorla to be honest. Not knocking Carrick , I rate him, but he isn't. Entirely different player to Coqulein as well. There's also Elneny and Wilshere playing those two positions with Xhaka looking likely to join and take one of them as well. We've just took Arteta off the books why would we replace him with a like-for-like player of the same age (although Carrick is better than Arteta)

cazorla was playing as 1 of yer 2 deep lying midfielders before he got injured. Carrick may not be more skilled than cazorla, but he is def a better defensive midfielder than him.

also ye would replace arteta with him as carrick is much better and highly rated by wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Julez wrote: »
    I'd have no problem giving Carrick another year long contract if he's happy to be a bit part player. He's fairly reliable and vastly experience in our young-ish squad. If however, like John O'Shea for example, wants more first team football at a lower club I wouldn't begrudge him that.

JOSH left because of the contract length rather then a huge gripe with playing time. United were only offering one year extensions to be reviewed each season, Ferguson told him if he didn't want that option he would do his best for him to get him a new club, wouldn't look for more then a nominal fee etc, Sunderland gave him a 4 year deal, with a pay increase.

It made sense for him to leave with his circumstance at the time, with Carrick, I would hope he is offered a new deal and that at his age he takes it. I know it is a tough time for the team but his experience would certainly not be unwelcome next season regardless and its not like the squad is overflowing with numbers anyway so we could afford to carry him as a back up. Depends on what he wants to do too obviously.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Memphis left out of the squad for the final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CBJ also apparently left at home, in favour of Rojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If it isn't a case of injury then I'd not be in the least shocked to see him being shown the door over the summer.

not surprised in the slightest, one of the worst attitudes i have ever witnessed for a man utd player

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »

That's a bad decision. Included Jones who haven't played for senior team in months.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's a bad decision. Included Jones who haven't played for senior team in months.

need him for the corner kicks :p

Screen-Shot-2015-01-17-at-22.29.28.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Shouldn't have been in it tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CBJ being dropped from the squad is proof, imo, that LVG doesn't actually have much faith in youth - like his backers (or people trying to find any positives) try to claim.

There is no justification for Rojo over CBJ - CBJ has proven himself the better player, but the senior fella gets the nod. It is pathetic.

Shocked Memphis has been dropped from the squad - his has been practically ever present - feels like LVG lashing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

not surprised in the slightest, one of the worst attitudes i have ever witnessed for a man utd player

His attitude was the main worry when moving from PSV ... Sad to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Match thread up.

It sums up LVG's reign that on the eve of our first FA Cup final in almost 10 years that there is little or no chatter about it.

Hopefully a win tomorrow, a parting of the ways early next week and a Jose soon afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I agree. Not surprised at all. Been of this opinion for a good while now. I wonder was his little petulant cameo against Bournmouth the straw that broke the camels back as far as LVG was concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Really looking forward to the FA Cup final. Great memories going back to the 80's! Going to forget the LVG saga tomorrow. Btw MUTV is free view all day and they are showing classic FA Cup finals.

dubmick wrote: »
    Really looking forward to the FA Cup final. Great memories going back to the 80's! Going to forget the LVG saga tomorrow. Btw MUTV is free view all day and they are showing classic FA Cup finals.

I've a 3 hour exam at 10 in the morning but then im going to drink as much stout as I can swallow while watching the game.

• Advertisement

Reports now that Memphis threw a "strop" and thats why he's been left at home. If so, good as gone you'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Reports now that Memphis threw a "strop" and thats why he's been left at home. If so, good as gone you'd think.

I'm surprised he cared enough about something to throw a strop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Watch things turnaround for Memphis next season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

De Gea named in the Europa Leage team of the season...despite barely playing in it :P

If mourinho is manager next season, can't really see a future for depay to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Who would even take Depay now? He's been shít and has apparent behaviour problems. I know it's a little harsh judging a player under Van Gaal but he couldn't even do the basics, beat a man and put a decent ball in from time to time and the fans would appreciate it

What to do with him, sell back to PSV at a loss and see if he pulls up in his Bentley and camo clothing? he needs a reality check it's incredibly difficult to warm to the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was just watching highlights on BT Sport Europe of the 1985 FA Cup Final,Whiteside's goal has to be one of the very best FA Cup Final goals

Funny as well watching Paul McGrath putting Peter Reid out over the sideline with a crunching slide tackle.

Another thing that worries me about Memphis is I don't know whether he is very poor technically or if he just can't be arsed, as Rayne said above, he struggles to do the basics right, beat a man and put in a cross. Even out of form, in a new league, in a faltering team, etc, a player should surely still be able to get the basics down. He can turn it on against poor Danish teams, but thats all they are, poor Danish sides, even poor PL teams he struggles against.

I'm a bit indifferent to the guy, would give him another season to see where he's at, but if he didn't get that, I wouldn't be necessarily unhappy about it.

I have a feeling that if Memphos went to a mid table team who gave him games every week, he would look a hell of a lot better than he has for us. Not excusing the attitude problems, but every player this season has looked a few steps below where they could be if LVG wasn't there. As such, I wouldn't mind keeping him one more year with a new manager to see if he improves. Selling him now will only result in a massive loss anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Give him another year under a new manager, he has been dire but is still young and it was only about 2 years ago people were saying the exact same about Chris Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I have a feeling that if Memphos went to a mid table team who gave him games every week, he would look a hell of a lot better than he has for us. Not excusing the attitude problems, but every player this season has looked a few steps below where they could be if LVG wasn't there. As such, I wouldn't mind keeping him one more year with a new manager to see if he improves. Selling him now will only result in a massive loss anyway.

I think he should be given a chance under a new manager but he needs to hit the ground running. No doubt he's got talent but f*ck me he has been toxic this season.

Memphis clearly has some ability. I know the Dutch league is a bit shyte but a player does simply not do last season what he did without having something.

IMO his confidence is rock bottom at the moment and he has become a point of frustration for alot of people (not without reason of course) which is bound to effect his confidence further.

Memphis started the season brightly and was beginning to forge a decent relationship with Shaw before his injury.

He seemingly has a bit of an attitude problem too which is obviously going to clash with someone as bullish as LVG.

I'd give him another year, hopefully under Jose, before making a final judgement on him.

The way we play doesn't suit him, and he is going to have to up his game anyway if he wants to make it at a top club. His main weapon was exploiting space and that is not going to happen very often when you play in a team that has the other on the defensive for the majority of the game. I said it at the start of the season too and nothing has changed, he needs to improve his ability to beat a man and create space for himself instead of needing the space to do anything. Shaw will help him with his overlaps next year but to be a top winger for us he is going to need to improve a lot.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He can't even play basic passes. What he did against Chelsea away was ridiculous. Cost us the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

5000th post

Hope lvg is gone by my 6000th

United win the league by my 10000th

Pretty pls :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You have 2 choices and only 2

1. We win the cup tomorrow and LVG stays another year

2. Palace beat us, LVG gets fired and Jose is in next week

I'd go for No 2 every day of the week and twice on a Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

scudzilla wrote: »

I'd question the sanity of anyone who wouldn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id take the cup all day long i might be in the minority but success under any manager is never guaranteed ill hapily take the cup and worry about next season come august.

I gotta be honest and say I'd take the cup, been way too long since we won it. A trophy win would be a good boost to the squad too. Obviously in an ideal world we win the cup and change manager, but if I can only have 1 I want the cup. I can always just not watch United next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I want that damn cup, its been far too long, will be delighted if we win it and even under Van Gaal we really should be beating Palace.

On another note, can anybody claim that Rojo has played himself into the team for the final? He has been muck recently while CBJ did well, the fact that the likes of him and Valencia will start tomorrow makes a mockery of Van Gaals "youth" mythos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

jaysus lads. Want to win the Cup. It's been 12 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

Option 3

Win the cup and get a new manager

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Oh not this Gaitan ****e again :rolleyes:, every bloody transfer window, getting sick of seeing him linked with United at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh not this Gaitan ****e again :rolleyes:, every bloody transfer window, getting sick of seeing him linked with United at this point.

At 28 I would guess Utd's interest finished long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TheTownie wrote: »
    At 28 I would guess Utd's interest finished long ago.

If there ever was any interest on the club's part to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well he is definitely leaving anyways

https://twitter.com/bola24pt/status/733757530975940609

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

This is the year! Finally we are gonna sign Gaitan. And Sneijder. And Batistuta. And Darren Anderton. All of our long running transfer sagas will finally be over. What a time to be alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The final match thread of this season folks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99788319#post99788319

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »

You were beaten to it by the bizzy cat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057600085

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement