Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

All reports today indicate Jose will be announced after the final this evening, beIN reckon it is a done deal and they have a great track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Xenji wrote: »
    All reports today indicate Jose will be announced after the final this evening, beIN reckon it is a done deal and they have a great track record.

Since when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

astradave wrote: »
    :pac:

I92b01k.png

Piss off.

Warm regards,
    Man United fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Goal.com have a record about the same as bein sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Since when?
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Goal.com have a record about the same as bein sports.

Strange as I have not seen Goal quoted by the likes of the Independent, BBC and MEN, it is owned by Al Jazeera and anything I have seen them say confirmed has usually been correct.

Strange as I have not seen Goal quoted by the likes of the Independent, BBC and MEN, it is owned by Al Jazeera and anything I have seen them say confirmed has usually been correct.

They post junk thats not saying they dont get stuff right but the percentage is low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Richard Keys is claiming its a done deal. Mourinho is our manager.

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/734007630415466497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Depay not in the matchday squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just can't imagine Mourinho being announced today - it would be so crass. I can see it being announced over the next 6 days or so - but tonight? i would be surprised.

Unless LVG uses a post game speech to announced he is leaving.

I just can't imagine Mourinho being announced today - it would be so crass. I can see it being announced over the next 6 days or so - but tonight? i would be surprised.

Its bizarre but if Mourinho has now actually signed then it wont take long before Van Gaal has a microphone in his face asking him the truth. Van Gaal is unable to hide his emotions with reporters so you'd imagine he will spill the beans.

Personally Id have loved it announced early today so that the fans can enjoy the game even more so and give Van Gaal a proper send off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its bizarre but if Mourinho has now actually signed then it wont take long before Van Gaal has a microphone in his face asking him the truth. Van Gaal is unable to hide his emotions with reporters so you'd imagine he will spill the beans.

Personally Id have loved it announced early today so that the fans can enjoy the game even more so and give Van Gaal a proper send off.

I don't think there is any chance Van Gaal would be allowed to announce it. It surely has to be an official club announcement timed to not affect the markets/investors too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Even if LVG does announce he's leaving today (I doubt that'll happen) I'd say the club wouldn't announce Mourinho so soon. They wouldn't want to admit to agreeing a deal with another manager while the current one is still in place. Not a chance I'd say. Wouldn't be surprised if the Mourinho deal wasn't 100% done yet anyway, there's probably still some i's to dot an t's to cross.

What I'd say will happen is LVG will leave on Monday and Mourinho will be appointed around this time next week, although a delay on that front wouldn't surprise me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »

I'm just going to accept LVG is gone, Jose is done, they'll announce it over the next few days and enjoy the game. Too much smoke now to think there isn't a fire. Too many journalists going all in on the Jose story.

Imagine lads. We're losing 1-0 at the 80th minute. Suddenly music starts playing through the arena, Jose strides out, hits LVG with a stunner and leads us to a 2-1 victory, before doing a lap of the field :pac:

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I don't think there is any chance Van Gaal would be allowed to announce it. It surely has to be an official club announcement timed to not affect the markets/investors too much.

I doubt he will say anything to confirm Mourinho's appointment but he will probably say he wont be in charge after today if that is true. He'll be asked if today is his last game, you just have to see what he'll say. If the Mourinho thing is true then he knows he is gone so he can say what he wants really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Did Neville really just call the fa cup the biggest trophy in the world on bbc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Did Neville really just call the fa cup the biggest trophy in the world on bbc?

As much as I think Phil Neville is a complete plank as a pundit, in this instance I'm sure he meant that it's the biggest domestic cup in the world, in which case he'd have a strong argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

beno619 wrote: »
    If this is true then how come Rashford, CBJ, Verela & TFM were knowhere near the first team until an injury crisis ?

How come Rashford didnt make the bench in early rounds of the Carling/FA cup ?

How come none of those players were mentioned as being part of LVG first team at the start of the season ?

Not sure how many more times I have to repeat the same post. We had small squad so that young players will get chance if there is any injury.

Van Gaal said it many times why he preferred small squad. It backfired for him result wise but helped in young players getting chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Depay not in the matchday squad.

That was confirmed yesterday and the usual stories then appeared,eg. "Player fumes at Van Gaal" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ffs would this saga just end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    Imagine lads. We're losing 1-0 at the 80th minute. Suddenly music starts playing through the arena, Jose strides out, hits LVG with a stunner and leads us to a 2-1 victory, before doing a lap of the field

Baaa gawd
    Mourinho just hit Van gaal with the stunner....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Imagine lads. We're losing 1-0 at the 80th minute. Suddenly music starts playing through the arena, Jose strides out, hits LVG with a stunner and leads us to a 2-1 victory, before doing a lap of the field :pac:

Steel chair to the head would be more entertaining...

ARSENAL are the favourites to sign Manchester United star Michael Carrick.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672241/Arsenal-in-pole-position-to-sign-Manchester-United-star

More importantly in the same paper,Jose to be confirmed as United manager in a 3 year £34.8 million deal.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

What a touch of class love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

What a touch of class love him.

Wish we never sold him.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Just showed him crying on the pitch, he missed the last 3 games thru injuries and by all accounts he is now not available for today.

Edit:failed a fitness test before the game

Nearly time for my pre match plans to begin. Get showered and changed. Go to the chipper and shop to get cans. Sit down at about 17:20 to watch the match.

Hopefully with a win and an announcement of a new manager it might be the perfect night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672241/Arsenal-in-pole-position-to-sign-Manchester-United-star

More importantly in the same paper,Jose to be confirmed as United manager in a 3 year £34.8 million deal.

said it yesterday, he would be perfect for arsenal and would improve them, we should give him a new 1 year contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure how many more times I have to repeat the same post. We had small squad so that young players will get chance if there is any injury.

Van Gaal said it many times why he preferred small squad. It backfired for him result wise but helped in young players getting chances.

No matter how many times its said it still doesn't count as a coherent "youth policy." He's relying on injuries to promote young players, otherwise they don't play. If you don't get enough injuries (and how perverse does that sound?) they don't play. If you do get injuries, the young players drop back onto the bench or further when the first teamers return, as happened to most except Rashford. Surely making a conscious decision to play young players would be better? If nothing else it would say "I trust you - take your chance" instead of "we're f***ed with injuries. Warm up..."

How couod u argue on a day like today enjoy the moment its a cup final. United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No matter how many times its said it still doesn't count as a coherent "youth policy."

Nail on the head, not sure how anyone could interprete the situation differently.

:pac:

I92b01k.png

Grrrrrrd the only negative of winning today is us getting them a uefa cup spot after they ruined our champions league hopes..... the fubbing backstards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Phew... Utd have arrived at the stadium.

Off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Mourinho's first signing as manager should be Rafael.

It would render my Lyon shirt with Rafael 21obsolete but I could live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How couod u argue on a day like today enjoy the moment its a cup final. United.

To the match thread!

Deliberately not wearing any Utd gear today because we've lost every time this season I have worn any. Even my red socks are in their box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Grrrrrrd the only negative of winning today is us getting them a uefa cup spot after they ruined our champions league hopes..... the fubbing backstards

It wasn't them that ruined United's CL hopes. At least no more than Leicester, Spurs, West Brom, Sunderland, Chelsea, Southampton, Newcastle, Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, City, Arsenal or Swansea did.

It was Van Gaal really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

To the match thread!

Deliberately not wearing any Utd gear today because we've lost every time this season I have worn any. Even my red socks are in their box!

I'm trying too decide between my retro United 60s jersey with 7 on the back (stiched on) or my united polo neck. I'll be out for the night!

• Advertisement

It wasn't them that ruined United's CL hopes. At least no more than Leicester, Spurs, West Brom, Sunderland, Chelsea, Southampton, Newcastle, Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, City, Arsenal or Swansea did.

It was Van Gaal really.

Ya ur right of course but im just annoyed with them as they beat us last just when we had it in our hands again....
    Ah well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Zaha starts for Palace. Apparently the crying was cause he got some emotional text messages :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Hopefully Zaha won't be at full fitness, Fellaini will be important today provided he keeps his head.

Come on United!!!

Won't be online for the match but hopefully I speak to all you ladies and gents at some point later with something to smile and rejoice about for a change! :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm trying too decide between my retro United 60s jersey with 7 on the back (stiched on) or my united polo neck. I'll be out for the night!

No colours for me,I'm off to the pub now.Behave lads.Don't want to be checking in and seeing half of ye banned.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Zaha starts for Palace. Apparently the crying was cause he got some emotional text messages :confused:

Is that what happened him? I thought all phones would be switched off by the players at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

No colours today guys
    Fellaini starts
    Could someone check on Bangkok

Thats a pretty weird reason, I reckon its a Pardiola tactic :D

brinty wrote: »
    No colours today guys
    Fellaini starts
    Could someone check on Bangkok

Looking at the palace stats there on BBC and you can see exactly why Fellaini is playing.. 11 goals from Corners this season and Scott Dann has scored 5!

• Advertisement

Lou Macari said on mutv that he reckons the decision is made already about Van Gaals future. Jim Rosenthal asked what his gut feeling is about Van Gaals future and Lou kinda looked at him and laughed and said to not ask him that question. Jim then said he'd talk to him about it after the match.

Suspicion of them knowing that Van Gaal is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement