Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They are showing Ronaldo's top 10 goals on MUTV.

I love Ronaldo, it makes me conflicted for next weekend in the Real Madrid/Atletico game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Headshot wrote: »
    Pity utd werent that ruthless at Christmas and we could have gotten CL spot

Looks like it all coming from Jose's camp.
    utdreport ‏@utdreport 1m1 minute ago
    Jorge Mendes has leaked the Mourinho news and not #mufc [@hayleymqueen]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

German cup final going to penalties - Kagawa could be lifting a cup tonight too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully that Giggs gone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully that Giggs gone too.

There no way I can see him staying in his position.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Looks like it all coming from Jose's camp.

Can he leak next Saturday that Ronaldo is joining United after Real Madrid win the Champions League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adox wrote:
    If you are talking about me(why not say so if you are) I'm delighted that Mourhino is getting the gig. I'm speculating but you would have to think that it's Utd that briefed the press with the story and if so, yes it is a bit classless if true.

Adox I never said anyone in particular
    Not my style
    And no I'm pretty sure it's Mendes that leaked it
    There's never a classy way to let someone go from their job.. some one always gets hurt
    Should they let him stay for another week
    And who's to say he hasn't been aware all along
    Should they have done it before today??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gah. The most dislikeable man most of us can remember being involved in football.

At least things will be back to normal in that he'll make everyone hate you again.

I wish he was in another league though. He's a clown.

brinty wrote: »
    Adox I never said anyone in particular
    Not my style
    And no I'm pretty sure it's Mendes that leaked it
    There's never a classy way to let someone go from their job.. some one always gets hurt
    Should they let him stay for another week
    And who's to say he hasn't been aware all along
    Should they have done it before today??

Well I always maintained they should have announced it before the final to avoid all this. I didn't think the story would break so soon.

Whoever leaked it, it was classless IMO. Van Gaal hadn't even had his press conference.

Anyway it's been a brilliant week from Thursday onwards all things being told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Scum Utd now im afraid

• Advertisement

Come on Dortmund, make Pep's last game be a loss in a final for Bayern.

Make it a bad night knowing the man that gets under his skin will be the new United manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Scum Utd now im afraid

Boo hoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This "Classless" stuff is ridiculous. He has been given 5 months more than he should have been. He is blessed United have allowed him to see out the season.

Anyone agreeing with the classless stuff is letting the days emotion cloud their judgement.

gosplan wrote: »
    Gah. The most dislikeable man most of us can remember being involved in football.

At least things will be back to normal in that he'll make everyone hate you again.

I wish he was in another league though. He's a clown.

Boohoo. Everyone hate us again?? You mean they stopped?

If Utd didn't appoint him they would be foolish beyond belief.

Boo hoo

This is exactly how its gonna end for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

GSPfan wrote: »
    This "Classless" stuff is ridiculous. He has been given 5 months more than he should have been. He is blessed United have allowed him to see out the season.

Anyone agreeing with the classless stuff is letting the days emotion cloud their judgement.

He put a major trophy in the cabinet. At least give him the weekend.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Scum Utd now im afraid

Wow what a wordsmith you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hard to please people here.You all wanted him gone as so soon as possible and now your accusing the club as being classless. Its a business. I am sure if you were making a balls of your job in work you could be sacked on the spot. Its the same thing. He was a disaster at United apart from todays win.

Dortmund crap at penalties, only Kagawa score so far and then a save and a miss.
    2 scored for Bayern and 1 saved.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Come on Dortmund, make Pep's last game be a loss in a final for Bayern.

Make it a bad night knowing the man that gets under his skin will be the new United manager.

Plus you just officially handed the soft power to City.

In the global perception of Pep vrs Jose, there's a very definite good guy and a very definite bad guy.

City are now the neutral's choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Congrats Utd, they deserved it. Looking forward to Mourinho vs Klopp next season ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Boohoo. Everyone hate us again?? You mean they stopped?

If Utd didn't appoint him they would be foolish beyond belief.

Yup the most realistic signing we could make now.

There was just no one better available now.

GSPfan wrote: »

No they aren't and no I amnt.

Good to see the rival fans concerned anyway. Total giveaway of their emotions...

Wow what a wordsmith you are.

Modern day Shakespeare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭billyhead

There no way I can see him staying in his position.

True Rui Fara will be his right hand man. Always has been

In the global perception of Pep vrs Jose, there's a very definite good guy and a very definite bad guy.

We don't care. It's good to be hated properly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

It's about winning football matches, who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Bayern wins and Pep is crying knowing he has to leave to join City.

Such a big step down for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Schwiiing wrote: »
    He put a major trophy in the cabinet. At least give him the weekend.

He failed to make the top 4 last Tuesday and he was given till tonight before it became semi official. He has been given plenty of time.

FA cup win, yeah great, but a 5th place finish and the worst season of football in my living memory. I'm 34.

Are you for real? Good guy/ bad guy? You think we give a **** how he's perceived? I don't see how any of this is in any way relevant to a Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There is the right way to do something, and the wrong way.

I am concerned with how the club handles itself and conducts business even if many aren't, if the leak was the club's doing, without even letting the man have his press conference then I am ashamed of them, again. It is classless, it doesn't matter that sacking Van Gaal is still the right decision, how it is handled matters imo.

Go too far down the Real Madrid road of treating people with such disrespect and there is no coming back.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

We don't care. It's good to be hated properly again.

Yeah but last time it was simply because you were so bloody good.

Now it's just because you have an loud-mouth egotistical antagonistic manager.

He'll be making enemies before the first competitive fixture.

Don't get me wrong. I have huge respect for Utd and having spent loads to finish fifth, I get exactly why you did it...but I just hate him. I'd really rather he stayed gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Pep just heard the Jose news.

CjAiC5MWsAEOJPr.jpg

BenK wrote: »
    It's about winning football matches, who cares?

Then why not just change to a team that wins more matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The way Jose treated the lady doctor at Chelsea made many football fans, me included, lose all respect for him. I think United have made another mistake appointing him.

The way Jose treated the lady doctor at Chelsea made many football fans, me included, lose all respect for him. I think United have made another mistake appointing him.

We don't have a lady doctor, should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good to see the rival fans concerned anyway. Total giveaway of their emotions...

Naw I would say it's the absolute disdain for that classless man. Personally I believe United has tarnished themselves taking him on as manager.

It's also extremely classless to cut the managers throat who has delivered a trophy on the same day. I don't like LvG but even he should have been allowed his moment of glory before he got the bullet.

I guess the Man United way has adapted to the classless individual they have appointed as manager now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Usually roll my eyes at outrage and classless stuff but he helped bring a lot of joy to United fans today, most we've had in a few years, so to kick him out the door before he's even had the chance to have a celebratory drink doesn't really sit right with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Lvg's comments on fans having too high expectations was the last straw. That is the wrong mentality for anyone at the club and worse from the manager.
    The likes of arsenal and Liverpool might be happy to finish top 4 and an odd day out in a final but that should be seen as failure at united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We don't have a lady doctor, should be grand.

He has no class. This is a retrograde step for such a great club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Until it's been officially announced I fail to see anything classless. This has been reported for months so the fact that people were waiting till the last ball was kicked to start reporting it again means nothing to me. He was given far more money and far more time than any of the world's top clubs would have given.

If the club was going in the right direction I'd be happy to see him there next year but he really should have gone in Nov. Great to get a cup win and 25 years ago I'd have been happy with that but a cup run shouldn't keep him in the job

Delighted with the cup. Have great memories since 79 of fa cups. I remain to be convinced about Mourinho, found him completely classless at Chelsea so I'm not jumping up and down with excitement because he'll be classless in a utd jacket. I'm hoping he's somehow learned something from his sabbatical.

Thanks for the cup but looking forward to the next chapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

gandalf wrote: »
    Naw I would say it's the absolute disdain for that classless man. Personally I believe United has tarnished themselves taking him on as manager.

It's also extremely classless to cut the managers throat who has delivered a trophy on the same day. I don't like LvG but even he should have been allowed his moment of glory before he got the bullet.

I guess the Man United way has adapted to the classless individual they have appointed as manager now.

He hasn't been sacked yet and the by all accounts it's not the club leaking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Are you two Arsenal fans?

gandalf wrote: »

Meh. We'll get over it when the results start coming in. You lot can continue being too nice to sack Arsene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

Now you're just being silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Absolutely amazing. I'm hoarse. Rooney MOTM for me. Smalling was immense. Lingard take a bow!

Wow. Smalling was not immense my friend. I agree with your other points though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Minute he said expectations are too high he was a sitting duck! All his waffle about systems etc was begrudgingly taken but not that bull crap! Least not forget he brought Ashley young on cf again today with a cf playing left wing

• Advertisement

Meh. We'll get over it when the results start coming in. You lot can continue being too nice to sack Arsene.

Sorry, only Arsene can sack himself :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement