Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Headshot wrote: »
    I was happy after the FA Cup but with Jose in charge next year, im bloody over the moon.

Now he wasnt my first choice but he's a proven winner and that's what utd need now.

Just get a DOF and it will be icing on the cake

VanGaal is a proven winner.
    Jose's style of football is as boring imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Big difference being, Jose has won the PL on numerous occasions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

VanGaal is a proven winner. Jose's style of football is as boring imo
    Fyn
    Fixed your name saying things like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Van Gaal hasnt been a winner for long time. He's a manager that his best days are behind him.

LVG football was boring too.

I do get tired of the myth about Jose's style of football. You must of not remembered watching Chelsea at times and Real Madrid. Jose football can be great. I specifically remember watchimg R.Madrid at times and was in awe of counter attacking football at times. It was like watching the old utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jose doesn't look too happy with the leaks tbh, Sky Sports are knobs with this "exclusive"

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/734139518085828609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Van Gaal hasnt been a winner for long time.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Strange time to make that error alright :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Van Gaal hasnt been a winner for long time. He's a manager that his best days are behind him.

LVG football was boring too.

I do get tired of the myth about Jose's style of football. You must of not remembered watching Chelsea at times and Real Madrid. Jose football can be great. I specifically remember watchimg R.Madrid at times and was in awe of counter attacking football at times. It was like watching the old utd

Weren't you one of his biggest fans when he arrived Headshot? Pretty sure it was you saying So Happy he's our manager etc.

just watching MOTD, and DDG's interview, I love it when foreign players just call the club "Manchester"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Just get a DOF and it will be icing on the cake

Not a great idea with Jose

• Advertisement

Strange time to make that error alright :)

I dont really count the FA Cup.

Im probably one the few who rather be in the CL spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reading the other threads is beautiful lads. The salt is fantastic. Fantastic I tell you.

"OMG, reading other teams threads after you've won the FA Cup. How sad, OMG."

ok so in your mind LVG hasn't been a winner "for a long time" but in the real world he was a winner just hours ago.

And 4th place is not "winning".

Headshot wrote:

Of course it's not but how many clubs would swap with us right now

Why?

Its a trophy we have a great history with, one of the most famous in world football and the next best thing after the league title.

Its not exactly the charity shield, the league cup (or even the prestigious, apparently, emirates cup!)

Its a major domestic trophy, nothing wrong with it at all.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't wait to read Mata's blog this week! :D

ok so in your mind LVG hasn't been a winner "for a long time" but in the real world he was a winner just hours ago.

And 4th place is not "winning".

If you want to say he's a winner, your more than welcomed to. Im happy with we won the FA Cup but im far from jumping over the moon about it.

Being a winner to me is some who wins the PL and CL often.

I rather be in the CL spot challenging for the PL than winning the FA Cup.

But that's just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

J. Marston wrote: »
    "OMG, reading other teams threads after you've won the FA Cup. How sad, OMG."

It's funny when the same lads saying stuff like that piled in here after beating Villarreal in a match that ultimately meant nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Unimpressed at the timing of this Mourinho stuff.

Van Gaal has just won us a trophy, yes you read that correctly, but his successor is 'announced' within an hour of him lifting the FA Cup.

As poor as his tenure has been he deserves a bit better.

Yeah ahs really put a dampener on today for me.

Club again has been utterly tasteless in what I can only assume is the club briefing that Mourinho is coming in.

Unsure if videos will surface from it, but appeared Van Gaal was non the wiser in his post match conference with the written press, talking about next season.

• Advertisement

It's funny when the same lads saying stuff like that piled in here after beating Villarreal in a match that ultimately meant nothing.

Ah now they did get to two finals in fairness to them....two.

In a way, if you think about it, they had a more successful season then us!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mark Ogden reports
    utdreport ‏@utdreport 14m14 minutes ago
    The Glazer family, Ed Woodward and Van Gaal will have a meeting in London on Monday where LvG will be told he will be leaving [mark ogden]

utdreport ‏@utdreport 13m13 minutes ago
    Mourinho's first game for #mufc is likely to be vs Borussia Dortmund (22.6.16) in Shanghai [mark ogden]

utdreport ‏@utdreport 11m11 minutes ago
    Van Gaal could still be offered an ambassador role. The club have been impressed with his work behind the scenes [mark ogden]

utdreport ‏@utdreport 10m10 minutes ago
    Mourinho's contract will be three years [mark ogden]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah ahs really put a dampener on today for me.

Club again has been utterly tasteless in what I can only assume is the club briefing that Mourinho is coming in.

Unsure if videos will surface from it, but appeared Van Gaal was non the wiser in his post match conference with the written press, talking about next season.

All signs are that it was Mendes leaking this, not the club.

That said, if LVG is shocked, he is the only one in the world. He was an idiot if he didn't see this one coming....

Lord TSC wrote: »

That said, if LVG is shocked, he is the only one in the world. He was an idiot if he didn't see this one coming....

LVG knew it was on the cards for a long time, he had to.

Though I would be inclined to agree with you that he should have seen it coming, if he was receiving reassurances about his position from inside the club, Woodward etc then him being shocked would be understandable.

The cup could save him in some circumstance, but how things panned out I don't think its enough. I don't think he should be shocked unless he was being told all along not to worry, still had 100% backing, happy with work he is doing behind the scenes etc

Also, he may have known it was coming, but he may also have had a framework agreed upon with the club and a timeline for things to happen, at least to be feckin allowed enjoy today and the leak has taken that from him so he may be shocked at that aspect of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

utdreport ‏@utdreport 10m10 minutes ago
    Mourinho's contract will be three years [mark ogden]

Hmmmm....3 years you say

Woodward knows whats up :)

• Advertisement

Then the club should bring Mendes into a room and lash him out of it. Who the **** does he think he is. Ridiculous that we pander to that freak.

"Journalists" were a disgrace with their carry on in their presser.

Man Jose has some job ahead of him in the summer. I wouldnt be surprise of another big clean out.

Its going to be intriguing whats going to happen to Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Mourinho is sh*te and so is the FA cup. G'wan the boards :pac:

Who the **** does he think he is.

one of the most powerful men in football

one of the most powerful men in football

And we are some piddly arse club? Ridiculous carry on

• Advertisement

Man Jose has some job ahead of him in the summer. I wouldnt be surprise of another big clean out.

Its going to be intriguing whats going to happen to Mata.

I'm more intrigued to see what he is going to do with Fellaini!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

We could do worse then a manager that by reports seemed to have some strong affinity towards united and its heritage. That reason alone makes me hopefull. Jose gets what united should be about, the romance that id associated with being a devil,he understands.

We are at a big turning point in history and I hope my gut feeling, confidence I have never bestowed upon moyes or lvg is right. Call it optimism if you will, but I prefer to live in the stars then dwell in mediocrity.....

Ps...im fairly drunk

P.ps ....... Wooooooooooooo fa cup

And we are some piddly arse club? Ridiculous carry on

at the moment? yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

We could do worse then a manager that by reports seemed to have some strong affinity towards united and its heritage. That reason alone makes me hopefull. Jose gets what united should be about, the romance that id associated with being a devil,he understands.

We are at a big turning point in history and I hope my gut feeling, confidence I have never bestowed upon moyes or lvg is right. Call it optimism if you will, but I prefer to live in the stars then dwell in mediocrity.....

Ps...im fairly drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Sirsok wrote: »

Ps...im fairly drunk

Same many pints in just enjoy it lads I ####### love it!!!! Wooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Mata Herrara and DDG seem to get on very well together.
    With Mata and Jose obviously clashing.... it has me worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This entire forum is quality tonight.

It's been emotional lads, I'll bid ye adieu, all going well this time next week the 3 year spending, leaves clubs in tatters, except Porto and Inter, aside from the fact that Chelsea and Madrid were in tatters before he got near them, and still are, eye gouging, doctor bothering, player alienating, trophy winning, double mad bastard Jose will be our boss.

Tis gonna be an interesting oul summer.

Hopefully Jose doesn't break up the 3 amigos

CjAmLxCXAAAZs0A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Liverpool lose the EL final, United win the F.A Cup, LVG is gone, Mourinho in, and I'm off to Lanzarote for the Summer on Wednesday, ain't too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm more intrigued to see what he is going to do with Fellaini!!!!

Make him captain.

• Advertisement

Make him captain.

Oh god
    Bangkok will go mental if he sees that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

LVG was boring as hell and very defensive.

So the football won't be worse under Jose.

I've actually figured it out. I hate the coverage he gets.

Well I hate him but big deal, I don't really like say Pardew either.

But now it's going to be wall to wall Jose. He's basically like the Donald Trump of football. The media lap it up because it's easy copy, he gets profile from it and feels emboldened, says something stupid, rinse and repeat.

That's the problem. All generic football journalism just went out the window. Any hope of decent analysis replaced by the pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Liverpool lose the EL final, United win the F.A Cup, LVG is gone, Mourinho in, and I'm off to Lanzarote for the Summer on Wednesday, ain't too shabby.

85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Could be Matas last game for us too

Looks like I called it. Damn, I love mata I'll miss him. We'd have no cup to celebrate today if not for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Feels like a massive week for the club!

First trophy of the post Fergie era and following it up by appointing one of the best managers in the world is a massive statement. I know the Euro's are on, but if the reports are true then he'll have the entire Summer to plan and surely an absolute truck load of cash to spend too.

I'm loving the fact that the opposition fans are coming out of the woodwork and will be sh*tting their cacks about United again. Also, thought Rashford was excellent today and Martial has the potential to be world class.

Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

and a post of the day in the Utd thread. A good day to be a Utd fan! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Great day and massive one for the club.

Winning the cup was savage and it's great to see so many youngsters step up when needed. Lingard has had his ups and downs in terms of performances but for a lad to come through the academy as a United fan and end up grabbing the winner was brilliant. Rashford was excellent up front I though given the limited amount of space - he genuinely plays like someone with 2-3 years more experience yet with the same youthful exuberance of a teenager. Rooney I thought played very well in midfield and worked himself into the ground for the team, and had the bit of composure when on a yellow to not do anything rash.

For the first time in a while I'm genuinely excited about this summer and where we're heading. Getting Mourinho in this early bodes well for the summer and gives him plenty of time to sort out targets. Funny to see people pontificate to United about having no class for doing it straight after the cup final when it was clear as day it was going to happen within days of the final and t wasn't the club who released the information.

• It's funny when the same lads saying stuff like that piled in here after beating Villarreal in a match that ultimately meant nothing.

I think they don't realise or just simply forget, its like it never happened.
    Quite possibly the best reading on the soccer forum in years
    If only I could put the massive meltdown on toast, about 30 slices to be accurate. Rubbing the hands together when palace went 1 up and shooting the load off too soon. It's o so predictable. **** that let's turn it into a new manager bash / the FA cup is nothing ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Feel a little for Van Gaal. Thanks, you're fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

LIIou0S.png
    ME051De.png

Now that's what a Manchester United manager's record should look like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement