Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    Oh god
    Bangkok will go mental if he sees that...

Zero chance of that happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

gandalf wrote: »
    Naw I would say it's the absolute disdain for that classless man. Personally I believe United has tarnished themselves taking him on as manager.

It's also extremely classless to cut the managers throat who has delivered a trophy on the same day. I don't like LvG but even he should have been allowed his moment of glory before he got the bullet.

I guess the Man United way has adapted to the classless individual they have appointed as manager now.

Problem I have as a United fan is that I can't really disagree with any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The community shield: Leicester City v Manchester United.

Good to be back in it, it means we are back to winning ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Didn't think we will win the game once down to 10 men as Van Gaal's ManUtd rarely showed it but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a fantastic strike and good to end the season with a trophy. It's been 12 years we won it and very unlucky many times not to win it.

Very pleased for Van Gaal. I'm a big fan of his career and what he achieved. Didn't end well at United but that shouldn't cloud anyone's judgement on his career. Good to see him ending his career/time at United with a trophy.

On the news of Jose appointment, whoever leaked it should have a word with themselves. Should have waited few days before leaking/announcing it.

Can't wait for the start of next season and even preseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thank you LVG for a trophy.

I'm happy you're leaving on a high note. Mourinho is the best manager out there and I'm happy he's coming to see why he deserved to take over from Fergie.

Every player now has to step up because the man is ruthless. Hopefully he has moved on from what happened at Chelsea and has learned from it.

Europa League, whether Mourinho will take it seriously and use it for youth we will have to see.

Man Utd are back as title contenders!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

TheDoc wrote: »
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Unimpressed at the timing of this Mourinho stuff.

Van Gaal has just won us a trophy, yes you read that correctly, but his successor is 'announced' within an hour of him lifting the FA Cup.

As poor as his tenure has been he deserves a bit better.

Yeah ahs really put a dampener on today for me.

Club again has been utterly tasteless in what I can only assume is the club briefing that Mourinho is coming in.

Unsure if videos will surface from it, but appeared Van Gaal was non the wiser in his post match conference with the written press, talking about next season.
    It seems that the media were briefed some time ago due to all the leaks making it obvious, but with the proviso that it wouldn't be until season's end that they could publish it. Journos being journos, they were typing up the stories from the final whistle onwards to get the scoop. It's also looking like the leaks have come from Mendes, not our end

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also what a year for Rashford. Playedd U18s, promoted to U21s, promoted to first team and became main stay there, started the FA cup finals and won it. All in span of just 6-8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

TheDoc wrote: »
    Then the club should bring Mendes into a room and lash him out of it. Who the **** does he think he is. Ridiculous that we pander to that freak.

"Journalists" were a disgrace with their carry on in their presser.

You'd wonder if it was the media getting back at Lvg for the (deserved) way he handled them the last two years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What a glorious morning.

The "United Way" nonsense looks to be in full swing overnight. It's lovely how so many ABUs suddenly are caring about our moral compass. Meanwhile, I am just so happy that we have so firmly stated our ambitions to be a top club again.

Role on the official announcement now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

No Sunday Sup this morning on Sky.

I could watch the videos of the team celebrating in the dressing room all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No Sunday supp? ****ing sky

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A twitter row broke out last night between SportWitness and Miguel Delaney.

It had everything from journalists at the press conference last night being called a disgrace to SW being accused of hounding Liverpool over their Europa League defeat to name calling.

I do love SportWitness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Morning lads, bit hungover but I found a cure by doing the Pardew dance while reading the Mourinho news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RobertKK wrote: »
    A twitter row broke out last night between SportWitness and Miguel Delaney.

It had everything from journalists at the press conference last night being called a disgrace to SW being accused of hounding Liverpool over their Europa League defeat to name calling.

I do love SportWitness :D

Just read that there. Jaysus delaney is poor. Trows out an accusation then is asked for proof. Instead of giving the proof he says i cant be arsed right now, im going out........then proceeds to continue arguing.

"Journalists"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

A great week...

Pool lose the europa that they unofficially won after the semi :pac:

We win the cup which will possibly help to get big dave to stay on... have hope dave i feel a massive revolution happening.

Lvg i hope given a role nurturing the academy players and we sign the behemoth that is the special one...

Cannot wait for the summer and for jose to work his magic with the squad. God i am so excited to see who he will sign..........

FA CUP

UNIIIITED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

And im sure i read someobe saying classless actions signing jose

Have a word with yourself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

tumblr_ncd5jmHbHJ1tgi7ywo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

And im sure i read someobe saying classless actions signing jose

Have a word with yourself....

Yeah. There's a bit of a fuss about that timing. I'm sure LVG knew well in advance though, no big deal.

But there'll be loads of irrational hate coming your way from now on. He's a man who goes out of his way to irk people so it's to be expected.

Loads of Utd fans will say 'oh, our rivals are jealous and scared' but I think you're missing the point. The man is reviled for good reason.

Anyway best of luck. I hope it comes crashing down on Jose but not because of any fear or rivalry or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yesterday was a great day. The Mourinho news being pretty much confirmed now is such a relief.

Dying to see who gets linked with us now. Every former player he has worked with Id guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah. There's a bit of a fuss about that timing. I'm sure LVG knew well in advance though, no big deal.

But there'll be loads of irrational hate coming your way from now on. He's a man who goes out of his way to irk people so it's to be expected.

Loads of Utd fans will say 'oh, our rivals are jealous and scared' but I think you're missing the point. The man is reviled for good reason.

Anyway best of luck. I hope it comes crashing down on Jose but not because of any fear or rivalry or anything.

Any hate ive seen here or on other sites is from Arsenal fans.

I can understand it as he pretty much insulted your club on a daily basis.

The other club is Liverpool, but thats to be expected.

Bring it on. Sure we loved it when Fergie was hated so it wont bother us with Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So lads with news of mourinho coming into United (and Berta not too far behind presumably) its onto transfer targets...
    What do you all think..
    Centre backs - Stones,Varane and laporte - fully expect one if not two of these guys to come in
    Centre mid - pogba - I expect Jose to go balls to the wall on this.. a general in midfield
    Attack - zlatan - an ego just as big as Jose and they've a bromance going on,plus zlatan hates pep so would be loving the idea of getting one over him
    Ronaldo - loves Jose and the Club- if ever there was a chance of him coming home it's now...
    Wildcats - Wesley - could it finally happen 6 years too late???

I think he'll persuade De gea to stay and love Darmian and Shaw at right and left back.. two new central defenders
    Pogba
    Rooney and Wesley
    Martial Ronaldo
    Zlatan

Not a bad team...

Still leaves us with
    Romero
    Valencia
    Smalling
    Morgan
    Bastian
    Memphis
    Jesse
    Ander
    Juan
    Adnan
    Andreas

I think he'd mould TFM into a pogba clone and allow rashers a year to keep getting games but also learn from zlatan. CBJ night get some more game time backing up Shaw

I think rojo and Jones could get the door,Ashley Young too,assuming Carrick won't be renewed.. James Wilson won't be around.. Herrera and Mata might not survive but Jose does love his 22 champions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    No Sunday Sup this morning on Sky.

I could watch the videos of the team celebrating in the dressing room all day.
    Headshot wrote: »
    No Sunday supp? ****ing sky
    people actually like to watch that crap:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Woke up. Read the "Will Mourhino be Utds near manager thread".

Smiled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

So lads with news of mourinho coming into United (and Berta not too far behind presumably) its onto transfer targets...
    What do you all think..
    Centre backs - Stones,Varane and laporte - fully expect one if not two of these guys to come in
    Centre mid - pogba - I expect Jose to go balls to the wall on this.. a general in midfield
    Attack - zlatan - an ego just as big as Jose and they've a bromance going on,plus zlatan hates pep so would be loving the idea of getting one over him
    Ronaldo - loves Jose and the Club- if ever there was a chance of him coming home it's now...
    Wildcats - Wesley - could it finally happen 6 years too late???

I think he'll persuade De gea to stay and love Darmian and Shaw at right and left back.. two new central defenders
    Pogba
    Rooney and Wesley
    Martial Ronaldo
    Zlatan

Not a bad team...

Still leaves us with
    Romero
    Valencia
    Smalling
    Morgan
    Bastian
    Memphis
    Jesse
    Ander
    Juan
    Adnan
    Andreas

I think he'd mould TFM into a pogba clone and allow rashers a year to keep getting games but also learn from zlatan. CBJ night get some more game time backing up Shaw

I think rojo and Jones could get the door,Ashley Young too,assuming Carrick won't be renewed.. James Wilson won't be around.. Herrera and Mata might not survive but Jose does love his 22 champions..

If your talking about Wesley Sniejder you need to wake up, hes nowhere near the level to be a united player at this stage of his career.

I love the rest of your signings though. Ibra (free) Pogba, Griezmann and Varane would cost about 150 million I reckon and would transform the whole team, wouldnt kick Ronaldo coming back either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Shame this club has fallen so far. There was a time when an FA cup win could be enjoyed for the success it was. Now people get hung up talking about money spent, 4th spot in the league and replacement managers. Shows how spoilt united fans have been and how fickle the sport has become.

I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see how much stuff has been written about Jose as opposed to congratulating the manager and team. The circus begins, like wrestling is more about storylines then fighting, a team with Jose at the helm becomes all about his interviews!

What is sure is that the football will not be much more entertaining, mata can pack his bags and most younger players might aswell leave cause we won't be seeing any young players progress any further. Oh and he will probably be gone on bad terms in three years when he inevitably pisses off everybody at the club.

I can see why the club is doing what it's doing but I feel the panic button is being pressed. Jose was available when Moyes was appointed and they chose not to hire him. He was available practically at the start of this season and they chose not to hire him.

For me personally, it's sad to see how much the club is just slipping into the pack. Hiring Jose only reaffirms it because i at least hoped that the club would try and bring success back with a long term strategy in mind, with youth development at its core. That was the bedrock of our success under SAF and is a core feature of Barcelonas current success. Not a bad template at all.

I don't think the club can buy its way to success and while people quote uniteds spending over the last few years, it's unspectacular in comparison to our rivals. Our net spend is even less impressive. It's creative accounting using headlines to suggest uniteds spending is much greater then its rivals.

The masses will be happy with Jose. I just feel it's a much greater departure from the clubs youth strategy that separates us from the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Delighted with the cup and LVG. He deserved to go out on a high. Huge respect for him even if the football was tiresome. Now to get back that premier league :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Drumpot wrote: »
    Shame this club has fallen so far. There was a time when an FA cup win could be enjoyed for the success it was. Now people get hung up talking about money spent, 4th spot in the league and replacement managers. Shows how spoilt united fans have been and how fickle the sport has become.

I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see how much stuff has been written about Jose as opposed to congratulating the manager and team. The circus begins, like wrestling is more about storylines then fighting, a team with Jose at the helm becomes all about his interviews!

What is sure is that the football will not be much more entertaining, mata can pack his bags and most younger players might aswell leave cause we won't be seeing any young players progress any further. Oh and he will probably be gone on bad terms in three years when he inevitably pisses off everybody at the club.

I can see why the club is doing what it's doing but I feel the panic button is being pressed. Jose was available when Moyes was appointed and they chose not to hire him. He was available practically at the start of this season and they chose not to hire him.

For me personally, it's sad to see how much the club is just slipping into the pack. Hiring Jose only reaffirms it because i at least hoped that the club would try and bring success back with a long term strategy in mind, with youth development at its core. That was the bedrock of our success under SAF and is a core feature of Barcelonas current success. Not a bad template at all.

I don't think the club can buy its way to success and while people quote uniteds spending over the last few years, it's unspectacular in comparison to our rivals. Our net spend is even less impressive. It's creative accounting using headlines to suggest uniteds spending is much greater then its rivals.

The masses will be happy with Jose. I just feel it's a much greater departure from the clubs youth strategy that separates us from the rest.

Where we're you last night, everyone was loving the cup win, I've been smiling in my sleep and everything. All my utd mates were chuffed. The Mourinho side of it (on here in particular) generates more discussion as he is a controversial character and appointment.

Also you can criticise his youth policy if you wish but at least let him be appointed and see what he does with players and the academy. For all the vaunted talk of our youth policy take LVG out and who was the last successful youth player, this year Rashford has taken his chance along with a few others. Rashford looks a complete player but we've produced more Macheda type players than Giggs/Beckham types. The players haven't been of high enough quality in recent years.

• Advertisement

And what available manager us there out there who'd do all the things you want
    Long term is now 3 - 5 years.. there are no managers around longer than that... we'd all love a 5-10 year guy but apart from wenger the next longest serving manager has about 3 years...
    Youth development is good but guarantees nothing. It's a results based business.. yes it's s romantic idea but the game has moved on and so should we.. if we get one guy from youth team every year that's a bonus..
    Barca youth scheme since pep left doesn't exist, there's not one young player after coming through in years... thiago went go Bayern and he was their big white hope .. anyone else has been bought in.. Suarez,neymar,ter stegen,Mathieu,Turn,Alba,alves,raktic,pique (was signed from us) mascherano... the only youth players are Messi iniesta and biscuits... that's it... fanciful notion but barca buy success ask much bad anyone

duffman13 wrote:
    If your talking about Wesley Sniejder you need to wake up, hes nowhere near the level to be a united player at this stage of his career.

As I said its a wildcard.. and Jose dues like players he knows.. didn't he bring drogba back to Chelsea after all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Where do all these sky sources come from? Seem to be rampant since Ed Woodward took over...

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Where do all these sky sources come from? Seem to be rampant since Ed Woodward took over...

Last night I'd say they came from the BBC.

• Morning all :)

Feeling good! No hangover!! Utd back to being hated!!! It means we are doing something right again!!!!

Oh and didn't realize sliced lemon stays fresh overnight because it's still everywhere ;)

Didn't mention last night but credit where credit is due to Lingard. I'm one of his biggest critics but that was a phenomenal goal to win a final so fair play to the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

duffman13 wrote: »

I love the rest of your signings though. Ibra (free) Pogba, Griezmann and Varane would cost about 150 million I reckon and would transform the whole team, wouldnt kick Ronaldo coming back either

Pogba would cost about 80m alone, with Griezmann not far behind at 60/70 and Varane at least 40. It'll be closer to 200m for those three alone. I don't expect us to get any of those, especially Pogba.

I expect a decent sized clear out, a marquee striker which might be Ibra, a CB (Laporte sounds about right), a right winger and maybe a CM, but not Pogba.

We are still going to be playing Europa next year so a lot of the players you are advocating just won't come to us.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Didn't mention last night but credit where credit is due to Lingard. I'm one of his biggest critics but that was a phenomenal goal to win a final so fair play to the lad.

Well said mate
    Lingard whilst unspectacular is a solid squAd player
    He shouldn't be an automatic choice but fulfils a role which is what he did yesterday

How was the champers

Yeah to be honest I think Mourinho will go for Zlatan. Its not such a bad move now with Mourinho in charge as it would have been with LvG. If that doesn't happen then maybe Lukaku will be on the cards. They are two realistic targets.
    After that Id say buying Stones will happen and maybe a pacey midfielder. I just cant imagine too many high profile transfers coming in unless United really are going to spend £200 million. Thats what it will take to buy Pogba and Griezmann.

Mata will be looking for another club this Summer id say as he knows Mourinho's style of play doesn't have a role for him. Watch him turn up at Tottenham this Summer. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah to be honest I think Mourinho will go for Zlatan. Its not such a bad move now with Mourinho in charge as it would have been with LvG. If that doesn't happen then maybe Lukaku will be on the cards. They are two realistic targets.
    After that Id say buying Stones will happen and maybe a pacey midfielder. I just cant imagine too many high profile transfers coming in unless United really are going to spend £200 million. Thats what it will take to buy Pogba and Griezmann.

Mata will be looking for another club this Summer id say as he knows Mourinho's style of play doesn't have a role for him. Watch him turn up at Tottenham this Summer. You heard it here first.

Shouldn't deal with Spurs unless Kane is on the table or its a ridiculously high offer. Give Leavy a dose of his own medicine

duffman13 wrote: »
    Where we're you last night, everyone was loving the cup win, I've been smiling in my sleep and everything. All my utd mates were chuffed. The Mourinho side of it (on here in particular) generates more discussion as he is a controversial character and appointment.

Also you can criticise his youth policy if you wish but at least let him be appointed and see what he does with players and the academy. For all the vaunted talk of our youth policy take LVG out and who was the last successful youth player, this year Rashford has taken his chance along with a few others. Rashford looks a complete player but we've produced more Macheda type players than Giggs/Beckham types. The players haven't been of high enough quality in recent years.

If you don't have a policy of promoting youth players it's harder to get, maintain and generate them. The great barca side of a few years ago was made up mostly of youth players. I prefer that long term strategy. Jose has never been a promoter of youth so I don't have confidence he will choose to start at our club.

I was busy enjoying the win last night. I look at headlines this morning and it's all crap about Jose appointment. It's my own fault inall fairness for checking headlines but it's a sh*tty part of football culture that's made the sport less enjoyable for me.

If we sell Mata to Spurs this summer I hope we take them to the cleaners. I'd hope he heads on home to Spain. Atletico would be nice. I'd rather we keep him though. Class player who has been misused imo.

• Advertisement

And what available manager us there out there who'd do all the things you want
    Long term is now 3 - 5 years.. there are no managers around longer than that... we'd all love a 5-10 year guy but apart from wenger the next longest serving manager has about 3 years...
    Youth development is good but guarantees nothing. It's a results based business.. yes it's s romantic idea but the game has moved on and so should we.. if we get one guy from youth team every year that's a bonus..
    Barca youth scheme since pep left doesn't exist, there's not one young player after coming through in years... thiago went go Bayern and he was their big white hope .. anyone else has been bought in.. Suarez,neymar,ter stegen,Mathieu,Turn,Alba,alves,raktic,pique (was signed from us) mascherano... the only youth players are Messi iniesta and biscuits... that's it... fanciful notion but barca buy success ask much bad anyone

The strategy of a club does not need to be limited by a manager. If anything, barca showed that manager isn't as important as club strategy. Since early 00s barca has promoted or hired coaches with low profiles (managerial profiles).

They had the right youth policy and club ethos that promoted a specific footballing culture that yielded ridiculous success. Jose is not a manger who promotes or enhances a clubs identity. He wins, yes but he never leaves a club in a better state then he got it. Ok, so we get a league win, great, then what?

I was hoping that the club was trying to build a proper structure with LVG tasked with bringing the club (not just 1st team squad) to a state where we had a proper ethos and strategy. Jose represents very short term limited goals. It's not that the club cannot harness a barca type culture, it's Because they won't be afforded the time to do it.

Bring it on. Sure we loved it when Fergie was hated so it wont bother us with Jose.

I just think it's a bit different.

Fergie was hated because he was just so good. Of course if you were fighting it out for a title, he'd use every means to get under your skin. However title rivals aside, he was pretty respectful. He just won too much stuff.

Jose though is hated because he inspires hate through a whole bung of unnecessary actions. Think Suarez or JT. Loads of people hate Ronaldo because he's just so good. People hate Suarez and JT for their actions.

Anyway, loads of you are looking forward to it and of course that's not surprising because he tends to win a lot.

I just don't like the circus he brings.

All that said, he should be taken with a big dose of caution. Despite the success he's had a pretty messy last few years. Is it in him to win without all the fuss and negativity. If you assume you're getting 2-3 years max does he have it to go from Europa league to title in that time, especially given the competition.

You may look back in time and say that losing this 4th place to City was massive.

Lukaku left Chelsea because Jose wouldn't play him. Better hope he's forgiven! Why would pogba come back to United? Aside From that, are we that desperate that we would spend huge money on a player who left for free in a strop only a few seasons ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I don't know what to believe anymore lads. Are we a laughing stock for holding on to a manager that's clearly not working for way too long or are we classless for letting a manager go that's just won a cup?
    I mean, the same people have said both things. It's all so confusing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great to win the FA Cup in its own right.

Missing out on top 4 is not the end of the world but it does cause problems, enough problems for van Gaal to be cut. Even if the next manager gets champions league, missing it this season slows down any chance the club has of reaching the level level of Real, Bayern, Barca, Atleti.

Jose himself coming in should make Old Trafford a very difficult place for any side to come to. It should put the fear factor into playing there again.

For the players at the club already, some players are sure to be worried. With Europa League, Jose might be tempted to keep most of them on as he will have games to share around. Rooney will probably be a No 10 again but with a creative midfield added to the side.

I expect Jose to bring in a few players but expect him to focus on players who will help bring a league title. For the premier league, the major investment is needed in Defence and a creative midfield player.

I think Woody's marquee signing might need to wait a season.

Maybe that is why Ibra is linked, he would be short term signing but no need for a transfer fee and he is an iconic name. Coming off a 50 goal season ( :eek: ) helps as well. "Easy" league or not he still scored 17 more goals then the next player in the league.

I just think it's a bit different.

Fergie was hated because he was just so good. Of course if you were fighting it out for a title, he'd use every means to get under your skin. However title rivals aside, he was pretty respectful. He just won too much stuff.

Jose though is hated because he inspires hate through a whole bung of unnecessary actions. Think Suarez or JT. Loads of people hate Ronaldo because he's just so good. People hate Suarez and JT for their actions.

Anyway, loads of you are looking forward to it and of course that's not surprising because he tends to win a lot.

I just don't like the circus he brings.

All that said, he should be taken with a big dose of caution. Despite the success he's had a pretty messy last few years. Is it in him to win without all the fuss and negativity. If you assume you're getting 2-3 years max does he have it to go from Europa league to title in that time, especially given the competition.

You may look back in time and say that losing this 4th place to City was massive.
    All of what you say makes sense, but the burning question for anybody who is unsure about Mourinho is, who else could we sign to compete with that array of management talent next year? Only person I can think of is Simeone and he comes with his own set of concerns as well.

Drumpot wrote:
    Lukaku left Chelsea because Jose wouldn't play him. Better hope he's forgiven! Why would pogba come back to United? Aside From that, are we that desperate that we would spend huge money on a player who left for free in a strop only a few seasons ago?

Do you read your posts
    Lukaku admitted Jose didn't want to let him go but guarantee gametime and left with Jose's best wishes
    Pogba is one of the best players in the world.. is that not who we should aiming to sign regardless of his leaving on a free..

All of what you say makes sense, but the burning question for anybody who is unsure about Mourinho is, who else could we sign to compete with that array of management talent next year? Only person I can think of is Simeone and he comes with his own set of concerns as well.

Absolutely correct phlegmy
    Loads of people saying no to Jose but not putting another viable option out there..

That's very true. It probably would have required more proactive hunting six months ago a la City. But then you'd be given out to for being disrespectful to the sitting manager.

Anyone else like Koeman would have been much more of a punt than Jose.

I wouldn't be so sure that Mata is finished at Utd. Jose chose to keep Oscar over him as far as I remember and let's face it we offered mad money for him.

I don't expect that many exits. The squad is quite small as it is. I think there's a decent chance Mata will be here next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement