Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

have to say van gaal has handled himself brilliantly while all the mourinho talk was going on.

clearly been told now his time as manager is up. wish him all the best on his retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Manchester Eveneing News saying LVG crossed Mendes three times and Mendes got his revenge last night.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfer-news-mourinho-11368282#ICID=sharebar_twitter

They say United were ready to sign Falcao fulltime if it meant Mendes would get De Gea to stay, but LVG wouldn't agree to it.
    Mendes was unhappy with how Di Maria and Falcao were treated and the De Gea situation, and last night Mendes decided it was time for payback, well that is what MEN claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    Manchester Eveneing News saying LVG crossed Mendes three times and Mendes got his revenge last night.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfer-news-mourinho-11368282#ICID=sharebar_twitter

They say United were ready to sign Falcao fulltime if it meant Mendes would get De Gea to stay, but LVG wouldn't agree to it.
    Mendes was unhappy with how Di Maria and Falcao were treated and the De Gea situation, and last night Mendes decided it was time for payback, well that is what MEN claims.

That's incredibly childish and petty if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sky Sports reporter indicating he was told it's over. Things happening fast. Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The timing would suggest it's someone with a grudge to be fair, it wasn't the club that leaked it

Hilarious seeing all the LivArseChel fans jumping on their little victory calling us classless, we won more than all 3 this season despite being shít

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sky Sports reporter indicating he was told it's over. Things happening fast. Wow

its all been in place since january. Mourinho has been scouting all over europe for players since he was told he has the job. i would expect 3-4 signings as well in the next few weeks. exciting times ahead

adox wrote: »
    That's incredibly childish and petty if true.

It has the red wedding overtones from Game of Thrones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Delighted with the win. Sick I had to work for it. Was still throwing United fans out of the pub at 4AM. Some celebrations! Just up now and going to watch the game again but undisturbed :D

bangkok wrote: »
    its all been in place since january. Mourinho has been scouting all over europe for players since he was told he has the job. i would expect 3-4 signings as well in the next few weeks. exciting times ahead

Where did you pull that one out of?

• Advertisement

The timing would suggest it's someone with a grudge to be fair, it wasn't the club that leaked it

Hilarious seeing all the LivArseChel fans jumping on their little victory calling us classless, we won more than all 3 this season despite being shít

5 points off the total points of 2nd place in the league.

City who were favourites, the same number of points as us.

Spurs despite how good they were, still only 4 points ahead of us.

The signs are good, a different approach and some top signings to come, and we are back to winning silverware.

There are claims that first contact with Mourinho for the job started not long after he was sacked.
    Back in February one of the directors at Inter Milan said Mourinho would be joining United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

While im delighted lvg has won the cup for us i dont feel one ounce of remorse for the guy.

Some of his comments and behaviour since he took over have been out of order mostly the fans expectations. I think if it works out the way its looking then he has been treated fairly by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

13221438_1007544186022689_2956982645909537704_n.jpg?oh=f9115e6e463df05726f5886a1bd8e21d&oe=57CC3D39

Massimo Moratti's sister and director at Inter Milan back in February:
    “Of course he’s always fantastic and we missed him as a person here,” then when asked if Mourinho would be joining Inter Milan again she said “No, he’s happy now, he’s going to Manchester.”

We should never have doubted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

There are claims that first contact with Mourinho for the job started not long after he was sacked.
    Back in February one of the directors at Inter Milan said Mourinho would be joining United.

Yep old bang bang read Miguel Delaney's Independent article this morning and extrapolated his hypothesis.

Massimo Moratti's sister and director at Inter Milan back in February:
    “Of course he’s always fantastic and we missed him as a person here,” then when asked if Mourinho would be joining Inter Milan again she said “No, he’s happy now, he’s going to Manchester.”

We should never have doubted her.

So that's proof that Mourhino has been in place since January and scouting the world for players ever since?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I do think it was probably December or January, during that awful run, when the club started thinking "we need a new manager".

I do wonder though if he ever had a chance after that.
    If they got Champions League and won the Cup, could/would United have gone back to Jose and said "thanks but no thanks".

Although they don't deserve to play Champions League, United only missed out in goal difference in the end.

So that's proof that Mourhino has been in place since January and scouting the world for players ever since?????

No, all it is proof of is a director of Inter Milan was convinced in February that Mourinho was happy because he had got the United job.

There is so much we don't know, like the severance package Mourinho had with Chelsea, did it effectively put him on gardening leave from another premier league job, it would explain why LVG was not sacked and it would give some credence to a deal having being done months ago.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Go way boi, Arsenal won second place

No, all it is proof of is a director of Inter Milan was convinced in February that Mourinho was happy because he had got the United job.

There is so much we don't know, like the severance package Mourinho had with Chelsea, did it effectively put him on gardening leave from another premier league job, it would explain why LVG was not sacked and it would give some credence to a deal having being done months ago.

Exactly but here we have Bangkok coming out stating things as fact the morning after the story has ran, hence my questioning of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

No sign of the trophy lid yet then? Tis missing in all the photos so far. :pac:

Paddy Crerand having none of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not to mention a misquote iirc

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Exactly but here we have Bangkok coming out stating things as fact the morning after the story has ran, hence my questioning of him.

I agree, apart from Bedy Moratti in February saying he had the job, there has been no other credible source before then.
    Just speculation.

Not to mention a misquote iirc

Was it?

That's that then, Paddy saw Woodward hug Van Gaal so that should put an end to the rumours....... course, he didn't think Fergie was retiring either :)

I understand his point actually, for a change, but I think the writing is on the wall here.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

zerks wrote: »

Remember him on Newstalk laying into Ivan Yates for suggesting Moyes was going to be sacked. The next morning Moyes was gone.

Edit: Or maybe it was Fergie retiring after reading Stringerbells post above?

Yeah Crerrand tends to be the harbinger of doom, if he says your going nowhere, you're ****ed.

• Advertisement

he told the inter milan director back in jan or feb he was joining united in summer. is that not proof? i said all along it was the worst kept secret in football.

why do you think mourninho has been going to games all over europe? dortmund game, fulham game, matches in spain etc... i bet we will sign players very quickly this summer as all the work has been done already

k4SQJh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Crerand hasent a clue tbh.
    Great appointment for Utd. Roll on next season and let the battle begin :)
    The normal one vs the special one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:

Stop acting like you're itk
    We could all say that but we're not
    adox wrote:

His arse where he pulls everything else from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He really makes a show of himself alot. Does he still do MUTV? God knows why they still have him on it.

Kinda reminds me of Grandpa Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Read an article yesterday, can't remember by who but his opening question was 'how many United players played in their natural positions today?'.

I was shocked at 4 (carrick, smalling and de gea and rashford). That to me shows why lvg fails, he insists on shoe horning players in to suit this bs style he wants his team to play. Whilst I'm not quite a simione advocate of 'possession is overrated' I think possession for possesion sake is not exactly a workable system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I thought Dan Roan would be smarter than to go live on radio with Paddy Crerand in relation to a managerial change that hasn't yet been confirmed by the club. It was so obvious how that was going to go. I enjoyed his 'I have to go now Adrian' escape attempt though! :D

bangkok wrote:
    he told the inter milan director back in jan or feb he was joining united in summer. is that not proof? i said all along it was the worst kept secret in football.

And of course you witnessed that discussion did you???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yesterday was a epic day. Finished my Projects for College in morning, watched Hibs win cup in afternoon and United win evening, and then Jose this morning.

Should have done the lotto..lovely kebab last night too.

Best day ever!!!

How was the head this morning kew
    Delighted hibs won for you toot
    The original Irish team in Scotland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Nothing confirmed as yet!

The "its over" comment was referring to the season.

bangkok wrote: »

You said all along? Since when? I seem to remember you putting Pottechino forward more than once in this calendar year and also pointing out reasons why the board won't appoint Mourhino.

Pretty sad.

brinty wrote: »
    How was the head this morning kew
    Delighted hibs won for you toot
    The original Irish team in Scotland

Ah was unreal. Such a rollacoaster of a game, was a terrific game of football and while scenes at end were disgrace it not going ruin my day.

United winning was just dream day stuff

Ah was unreal. Such a rollacoaster of a game, was a terrific game of football and while scenes at end were disgrace it not going ruin my day.

United winning was just dream day stuff

Delighted to hear it Kew
    And an ex united player getting the winning goal too

Delighted to hear it Kew
    And an ex united player getting the winning goal too

Ya learned to score at right time at United ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

And of course you witnessed that discussion did you???

everyone seen when she came straight out after meeting mourinho...

her exact works "It was pleasant. He's still fantastic. He's been missed on a human level.

Now he's happy -- he's going to Manchester and he's well."

thats not itk stuff or anything, that is exactly what she said. he told her that back then

You said all along? Since when? I seem to remember you putting Pottechino forward more than once in this calendar year and also pointing out reasons why the board won't appoint Mourhino.

Pretty sad.

yea whatever

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Benzema posted a pic of him and his daughter on Instagram. Something interesting in the background...

lQdOnmk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So United have won a trophy.

I'm not great at maths but that I think means LVG has a 100% record in cup finals since taking over as manager. Manager of the worst United team in 20 years.

That's pretty impressive.

It would seem that Jose is moving closer to being United manager.

Apparently the club is classless for allowing that information to be leaked.

The lack of class is something that is a concern for people that hate the club anyway.

That's pretty delicious.

Their anger, jealousy and bile is something that as a United fan I thrive on. It is glorious.

Chalk it down chums, If Jose takes over we will get top 4 next year.

In 2018 we will win the league.

Next year won't be our year.

The year after that will be...

Everyone's so excited in here! Lots of fantastically quotable content generated the last 18 hours. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement