Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Exactly; they're going to announce Hummels today too. Don't worry LVG and Ed will sign Mane for 60m on deadline day.

They just announced Hummels there on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Maybe they made a move this week, and got it done quickly - maybe they don't need weeks upon weeks to negotiate for players they want to sign.

Maybe they did. The wages and transfer fees United pay kind of goes against the hardball negotiations tactics they supposedly employ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wonder how they got him for €45m less then the papers were reporting yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

RasTa wrote: »
    Wonder how they got him for €45m less then the papers were reporting yesterday

Some are reporting €35m + €45m add ons, others €45m in total and others €35m total. The press haven't got a ****ing clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

So Sanches gone to Bayern, looks like Jose has a big money offer on the table from elsewhere :eek:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36254465

Edit: Bayern have signed Hummels on a five year deal. Thats the kind of day we need in here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I was in negotiations to sell a footballer to a club, I would 'leak' to the press that some other club were trying to buy him for more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Where were all these journalists reporting Sanches to Bayern a done deal the last few weeks or did they just decide to buy him this morning?

probably in germany. british press dont really report on foreign teams transfer business. Doesnt sell papers

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Bayern showing how it's done! Impressive stuff! Oh, to have a decisive board willing to make big decisions regarding building a squad capable of reaching targets!

bangkok wrote: »
    probably in germany. british press dont really report on foreign teams transfer business. Doesnt sell papers

In fairness there is a very good Bayern forum online which usually reports this stuff well in advance, this was a relatively unknown deal according to that with everyone focused on the deal for Hummels. Apparently Sanches had a great game against Bayern in the champions league and they took the punt.

• Advertisement

If anybody knew he was a "done deal" to Bayern over the last few weeks do you think we wouldn't have heard about it in this day and age of the worldwide web?
    Sure there is foreign articles posted here all the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even surprised. Bayern are a bigger team with a top level manager, so of course once they came in, he was going to go there. We've acted like a smaller team all season, so shock and horror, when the bigger team comes in, we get treated like a smaller team.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not even surprised. Bayern are a bigger team with a top level manager, so of course once they came in, he was going to go there. We've acted like a smaller team all season, so shock and horror, when the bigger team comes in, we get treated like a smaller team.

I dont like to read to much into this stuff but if your Sanches/Benfica and you dont even know who is going to be the manager in a months time you are gonna go for Bayern all day long. Champions league football locked in, Ancelloti coming in and playing along side Vidal and Muller is far more appealing than we are.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I dont like to read to much into this stuff but if your Sanches/Benfica and you dont even know who is going to be the manager in a months time you are gonna go for Bayern all day long. Champions league football locked in, Ancelloti coming in and playing along side Vidal and Muller is far more appealing than we are.

Thats what I mean though. Why wouldn't you choose Bayern over United at the moment. Its the biggest no-brainer, and we have only ourselves to blame for that.

I've seen people try and argue "Oh, we probably weren't in for him" or journalist BS or whatever...we scouted him 24 matches in a row! We were 100% in for this guy and he decided he'd rather Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Our big problem with signing players early is that most are waiting to see if we get CL or EL. Doubt Bayern got Renato as cheap as has been said, it rarely comes out what Bayern pay for players.

• Advertisement

Bayern: New manager, one of the best in the business. Almost guaranteed a league title, guaranteed CL football and expected run to the semi-final with a decent chance of winning it.

United: Manager uncertainty. CL qualification uncertainty. 3rd or 4th favourites for the league.

It's no contest.

Our big problem with signing players early is that most are waiting to see if we get CL or EL. Doubt Bayern got Renato as cheap as has been said, it rarely comes out what Bayern pay for players.

Seeing a lot of talk of €35m upfront + €45m in add ons. Same as what we were offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

€35m lol

Any media who reported us at €80m will defiantly be joining the ban list.

€35 seems like a bargan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

But Gaitan is still coming right? :rolleyes:

zorro2566 wrote: »

stan collymore? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Putting on my tabloid conspiracy theory hat here...

Sanchez is a Mendes player right? Maybe things have broken down with mourinho to United so now all mendes targets go elsewhere

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    €35m lol

Any media who reported us at €80m will defiantly be joining the ban list.

€35 seems like a bargan

Benfica have confirmed the deal was €35m and €45 m in add ons. Same deal that we were reported to be offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Unearthly wrote: »

Sanchez is a Mendes player right? Maybe things have broken down with mourinho to United so now all mendes targets go elsewhere

God I hope not.

Could be it though

If anybody knew he was a "done deal" to Bayern over the last few weeks do you think we wouldn't have heard about it in this day and age of the worldwide web?
    Sure there is foreign articles posted here all the time.

some deals are done on the quiet if nobody leaks anything to the press. We signed one of the hottest prospects in the world last summer for massive money and nobody knew anything about it until he was signed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

But Gaitan is still coming right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and Sneijder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Watching the treble winning season on sky, Cole and Yorke we absolute animals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Rossi IRL wrote:
    €35 seems like a bargan

Plus €45m in bonuses, same kind of deal as Martial I suspect

If I was in negotiations to sell a footballer to a club, I would 'leak' to the press that some other club were trying to buy him for more money.

But how can the club let that happen they should hire 1000s of people to constantly monitor all media channels to deny all these false reports all so people dont feel bad when Bayern sign an 18 year old we probably werent ever in for

#disgrace #fauxoutrage #joseofftoindonesia

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Yeah, and Sneijder.

And Garay :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sanches and Hummels to Bayern.

lololololol

So basically we should learn the lesson now to avoid any crap over the next 4 months. Ignore the press completely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its usually June before we start panicking about transfers starting early this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Doesnt Jose normally have most of his signing completed as soon as the transfer window opens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Doesnt Jose normally have most of his signing completed as soon as the transfer window opens?

Yes, even before he's changed clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I think it's either this, or Woodward was trying to save a fiver in a multi million pound deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That is literally what I was coming to post.

While it would be pure speculation, I fear for the between the lines issues here in this transfer.

Is it that hard to think that Sanches simply saw Bayern as a better destination for himself? It doesnt have to be a conspiracy when a player chooses another club over ours, and all conspiracies do in this case is deflect from the real issues at hand...

stan collymore? lol

What is the issue? He is spot on in fairness, as are his subsequent tweets on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It doesnt really surprise me anymore. This is typically utd for me these days.

Utd from transfer window and the board room are a mess.

No other big team in Europe would have the shambles that utd have each transfer window and they would be shot of a incompetent manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Is it that hard to think that Sanches simply saw Bayern as a better destination for himself? It doesnt have to be a conspiracy when a player chooses another club over ours, and all conspiracies do in this case is deflect from the real issues at hand...

Exactly. And Mendes does get his players to go to other clubs besides United and teams managed by Jose. He just cares about how to make his players value increase and thus in turn, make more money for himself. Choosing Bayern is a no brainer over United right now, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

No disaster really. Most of the players that Utd have supposedly missed out on have hardly set the world alight (Dembele, Fabregas, Thiago, Pedro). Hummels is slow and Sanches unproven.

Of course, hence why its a theory :)

But I think there is some substance in wondering/fearing if maybe there might be something else negative going on, as a player who we have scouted in depth and been in advanced negotiations with, goes elsewhere. Coupled with an agent who has good ties with our club, and one of his biggest clients is being actively linked for our manager position.

It's just a theory, that hopefully doesn't come to pass.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What is the issue? He is spot on in fairness, as are his subsequent tweets on the subject.

sure how does he know that Ryan Giggs or Alex Ferguson didnt meet with the player, or maybe we were not in for the player at all?

No disaster really. Most of the players that Utd have supposedly missed out on have hardly set the world alight (Dembele, Fabregas, Thiago, Pedro). Hummels is slow and Sanches unproven.

That can be selective though?

I could name Hazard, Bale, Pogba and Kroos in the same sort of time frame :)

No signing is ever a given, but as much as we have maybe had a "phew" by missing out on a dud, we have missed out on as many sensational talents, spanning back to the likes of Robben, Rhonaldhino etc.

Headshot wrote: »
    It doesnt really surprise me anymore. This is typically utd for me these days.

Utd from transfer window and the board room are a mess.

No other big team in Europe would have the shambles that utd have each transfer window and they would be shot of a incompetent manager

or maybe because you support United you thinks its a shambles??

Just because maybe we were/were not in for a player doesnt mean we will automatically sign him.... Bayern are a massive club and are guaranteed to win the league next season, a nice winter break as well, less games, easier life and a good chance of champions league success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Is a top upcoming Portuguese player really going to turn down a chance to play with the top Portuguese manager? That worries me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Alternative theory is that Mourinho could have said he wants Matic instead.

It's all just guesswork though really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Alternative theory is that Mourinho could have said he wants Matic instead.

It's all just guesswork though really.

Or other Mendes client (i think) Andre Gomes.

Or. ORRRRRRRRR.

We are not signing Sanches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Di Marzio reporting that the Bayern deal was wrapped up in 2 days from their initial interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

To be fair to the kid picking Bayern over us means he's got his head firmly screwed on. We probably offered him more money too.

Bayern, Barca and Madrid seem to get shít done with upmost efficiency, it's admirable.

Then there's us, we've spent an obscene amount of money over the past 3 years, no trophies, and I think most agree we need at least 4 or 5 new players, half a new starting 11 is needed. A joke really

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement