Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blatter wrote: »
    Ha! I'll give you 1000/1 on that being the case. Actually, you can have 5000/1, just give me your money! :pac:

Haha im already sitting on a loosing bet with tsc if he is sacked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well none of this information was available prior to bringing any of them to the club was it?

Yes but they have been allowed stay and been given positions of influence..
    as I said people in glass houses can hardly throw stones at Benzema..

I'm not a fan and think there are better options available which the club are pursuing, so this is really not worth falling out over

And benzema turned us down when he left Lyon so I'd hate to see us going back in for him

Me today

2m41t9e.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    Me today

2m41t9e.gif

Easy now jayo....
    give it some time....

happy Monday folks, the new era starts today
    #GGMU
    #positivitytrain
    #choo****inchoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Imo keane was manchester united... my hero. A leader of men and mice and an absolute tiger in midfield.

The greatest manchester united midfielder ever imo

Loved Keane but would have Robson above him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is there anyone on here that can't stomach the thought of Mourinho being manager of United? Not saying I feel that way myself but I'm sure a few United fans must have a bad taste in their mouth?

He's probably the best option for us right now imo

brinty wrote: »
    Easy now jayo....
    give it some time....

happy Monday folks, the new era starts today
    #GGMU
    #positivitytrain
    #choo****inchoo

Ive given it time about six months actually but today is the day gone or staying we have to plan for the new season we have to give Jose's daughter a trial for the five a side team next season (something tells me she has enough upfront make it). Kate gifs at the ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nalz wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here that can't stomach the thought of Mourinho being manager of United? Not saying I feel that way myself but I'm sure a few United fans must have a bad taste in their mouth?

I know 1 lad, who United fan, who today or tomorrow will be his worst nightmare.

They're few out there, no question.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ive given it time about six months actually but today is the day gone or staying we have to plan for the new season we have to give Jose's daughter a trial for the five a side team next season (something tells me she has enough upfront make it). Kate gifs at the ready.

we need some youth in the team alright Jayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I know one who doesnt want him anywhere near Utd.

His no 1 choice is Giggs!!

adox wrote: »
    Loved Keane but would have Robson above him.

No cant say i agree with that. While we are compairing two very talented players i give it to keane on the simple amount of trophies he helped bring to united and the players that he looked after when he was captain.

Neither of us are probably wrong its opinion i only got the last 4 or 5 years of robbos career with us so maybe that's why im going with keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

adox wrote: »

He deserves misery:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No issue with mourinho as i want to get back to the real united way

"WINNING"

He really is the best manager out there we are priviliged to get a chance to sign him imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭thomasj

adox wrote:

adox wrote:

Giggs wants the job himself it's standing out.

The question you've got to ask yourself is Giggs ready for manager. He's being meant to be getting experience over the last few years and LVG has been where he's got his experience from.

Do you reckon he's ready for manager yet with that experience ?

No issue with mourinho as i want to get back to the real united way

"WINNING"

He really is the best manager out there we are priviliged to get a chance to sign him imo

He is the one that is privileged fuk that talk about the glaziers and all lowering the clubs values but enough of the fans do it too.

If mourinho gets the job he is extremely lucky and we are lucky its not giggs getting it but we are not privileged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If Giggs does really want the job then what harm in him learning from one of the worlds top managers for a few years. He has 'suffered' through both Moyes and LVG, according to the press is respected by the playing staff and done his job perfectly fine.

Of course he will be disappointed if overlooked, we all would be in his position, but he can either get his head down and take this as an opportunity to continue to learn, and hopefully learn about managing a team going for a title, CL semi's/finals etc or have a bit of a tantrum and head off to be head coach of Aston Villa or whatever.

I would place no blame on Giggs for the last few years, that sits solely with LVG, Giggs can only do his job and make suggestions, but neither would I pass up one of the current top managers for someone with no experience of management.

If Jose if open to it, then in my view Giggs should aim to stick around with the plan to start to take bigger roles in the youth teams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm not bothered if Giggs stays or goes but I think Jose will need a high profile Utd ex-player in his camp. Scholesy would be good if just to stop him shooting you down from the studio when things aren't going well. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Korat wrote: »
    I'm not bothered if Giggs stays or goes but I think Jose will need a high profile Utd ex-player in his camp. Scholesy would be good if just to stop him shooting you down from the studio when things aren't going well. :p

I would imagine Gary Neville would be high up the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    SSN hyping this up already.

"We are expecting news on Mourihno any minute"

Its 7am FFS, they'll still be saying the same line in 8 hours time.

unless mendes is flying a warp speed from Shaghai there will be no news..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Forget the Euros, 25th of June is 'Jose v Pep I'

• Advertisement

• LVG back @ carraignhton...a twist in the tale yet?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10291737/louis-van-gaal-arrives-at-manchester-united-training-ground?

I'm also going to retract my comments about Utd on Saturday as the board have stayed quite (as they have always done so).
    Only the media are to blame now IMO for the way LVG has been treated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Korat wrote: »
    but I think Jose will need a high profile Utd ex-player in his camp.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Probably for the meeting supposedly scheduled with Ed & co? There's hardly any training?

Maybe it's just to clear his desk!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Collecting his stuff.....

bangkok wrote:
    unless mendes is flying a warp speed from Shaghai there will be no news..

Actually there were reports around that LVG could be sacked Monday with mourinho new manager Tuesday (that bit sounds a bit far fetched)

It would be wrong for the club to go through the day with lack of clarity, especially after all the goings on over the weekend, they owe that much to LVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

LVG back @ carraignhton...a twist in the tale yet?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10291737/louis-van-gaal-arrives-at-manchester-united-training-ground?

I'm also going to retract my comments about Utd on Saturday as the board have stayed quite (as they have always done so).
    Only the media are to blame now IMO for the way LVG has been treated

Oh yeah, it's all the media's fault. The club need to make a statement. Mourinho must be playing hard to get.

M!Ck^ wrote:
    LVG back @ carraignhton...a twist in the tale yet?

From BBC
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/35944876
    See 09:52 post
    "League Managers' Association lawyer Paul Gilroy QC arrived at Manchester United's Carrington training ground shortly after 0930 BST. He told security his name but was refused entry and has driven off."

"He is the same employment barrister who acted for David Moyes when he was sacked by united in 2014"

"He returned at 09:44 and was allowed straight in."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

not overly mad on Mourinho but I cant see any better options and LVG has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I find him detestable to be honest and I'm not really relishing the thought of him representing the club at all. On the other hand I like LVG as a man, yet I've had two years of misery watching United perform so poorly that it'd bring a tear to a glass eye. So maybe I can stomach somebody I strongly dislike if they make United perform well instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Looks like its only going to be a matter of hours before its done.

I hope that it ends up dignified from both sides, despite his failures LVG has provided some enjoyable moments over the last 2 years so I don't want to see anything messy.

Its a pity it didn't work out but like Moyes before him, he simply wasn't able for the job and the decision had to be made.

Gonna be an interesting summer and Jose is going to be a massive draw for players.

• Advertisement

With van gaals ego i cant imagine it been dignifiedat all. Id say?he is trashing carrington as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think the club have handed this badly to allow it to leak like this straight after the final but i dont think many areas have been handled correctly since ed took over. Now im sure it was someone on jose side who leaked it, more then likely mendes.

• sky88 wrote: »
    Think the club have handed this badly to allow it to leak like this straight after the final but i dont think many areas have been handled correctly since ed took over. Now im sure it was someone on jose side who leaked it, more then likely mendes.

Why are the club to blame for a Mendes leak? There is no other viable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

sky88 wrote: »

what could the club do? There has nothing but stony silence from the club

I find him detestable to be honest and I'm not really relishing the thought of him representing the club at all. On the other hand I like LVG as a man, yet I've had two years of misery watching United perform so poorly that it'd bring a tear to a glass eye. So maybe I can stomach somebody I strongly dislike if they make United perform well instead.

i feel the exact same and lots of people i know do too, but with Pep going to city we needed someone with a winning mentality and a big presence and he was the perfect fit, although i hope he has been warned about his past behaviour and now he represents Manchester United and to do so with grace and dignity. I also hope he now drops the sly digs at wenger that he does at every opportunity

It was leaked by mendes himself. the most powerful man in world football

bangkok wrote: »
    i feel the exact same and lots of people i know do too, but with Pep going to city we needed someone with a winning mentality and a big presence and he was the perfect fit, although i hope he has been warned about his past behaviour and now he represents Manchester United and to do so with grace and dignity. I also hope he now drops the sly digs at wenger that he does at every opportunity

As if ferguson never did this to several other managers, keegan, wenger, benitez...
    some serious rose tinted glasses on some lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I also hope he now drops the sly digs at wenger that he does at every opportunity

And hopefully you can find it in your heart to drop the sly digs at Fellaini that you do at every opportunity.

Why are the club to blame for a Mendes leak? There is not other viable source.
    what could the club do? There has nothing but stony silence from the club

actually my post made no sense there.

really meant that no manager should find out from the media like this. should have been told before it had the chance to leak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Looks like it will be announced today as reported.

Jose in by end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Blatter wrote: »
    And hopefully you can find it in your heart to drop the sly digs at Fellaini that you do at every opportunity.

joe.gif?1416842238

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Another unsavoury episode in the history of Man Utd 2.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I hope Mourinho turns up to his announcement dressed as Arnie from Terminator, and just whips off a pair of dark sunglasses and says "I'm back, baby" in a weird hybrid Austrian-Portuguese accent.

brinty wrote: »
    As if ferguson never did this to several other managers, keegan, wenger, benitez...
    some serious rose tinted glasses on some lads...

dont even try and claim fergie was near as bad as jose was. For weeks on end mourinho was getting digs in at wenger, even when they were playing matches in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

United, for good reason, have held off signing mourinho for a long time. And now they finally reach out his camp pull a trick like this. Looks like mourinho has learned nothing and the circus has started again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

actually my post made no sense there.

really meant that no manager should find out from the media like this. should have been told before it had the chance to leak.

There are some reports that LVG was told last wednesday.

Like many others, I have my concerns over Jose. He could always be a twunt* when he wanted, and he reached new levels of twuntishness with the Carneiro situation. But the club is on a precipice and he's the best manager to pull us away from it. It's likely he'll act the twunt again and embarrass us, but hopefully he'll keep it on the lower level of the scale.

* Sorry for using "twunt". I started with [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] and boards tries to turn it into a link

Another unsavoury episode in the history of Man Utd 2.0.

United havent done a thing wrong. Lvg is paid millions to be in the position he is in and more then likely be paid a fortune to leave too.

United have stayed quiet the whole time they didnt want to go down the route of city thats their choice.

Managers get sacked every season more then half the managers that start probably won't finish the season but when united do it its the end of the world.

• jpboard1 wrote: »
    United, for good reason, have held off signing mourinho for a long time. And now they finally reach out his camp pull a trick like this. Looks like mourinho has learned nothing and the circus has started again.

What you you raving on about?

There are some reports that LVG was told last wednesday.

Like many others, I have my concerns over Jose. He could always be a twunt* when he wanted, and he reached new levels of twuntishness with the Carneiro situation. But the club is on a precipice and he's the best manager to pull us away from it. It's likely he'll act the twunt again and embarrass us, but hopefully he'll keep it on the lower level of the scale.

* Sorry for using "twunt". I started with [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] and boards tries to turn it into a link

i think thats the fear i have its the baggae he brings plus hell bring rui ferra who just seems like a horrible character to be at the club.

dont even try and claim fergie was near as bad as jose was. For weeks on end mourinho was getting digs in at wenger, even when they were playing matches in europe.

Fergie was worse at it he was just more subtle in his digs
    Jose has no filter... and I like it..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement