Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There are some albeit a small minority who believe Giggs should have been made manager.
    Some people are deluded, if he had experience and it was good experience of managing and winning it would be fine, but he has only 4 games experience. I think some get too caught up in romantic notions which blind then to the reality of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TheTownie wrote: »
    What a spoofer!

think boards would explode if it turned out giggs was giving the job over Jose.

To be honest the time to give giggs the job if they were going to do it would have been christmas. im still amazed van gaal lasted that period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The squad isn't much better now than it was - player for player possibly worse, imo.

As for getting us back on track - scraped 4th last season and failed to get it this season despite City's best efforts to hand it to us - the Cup win is great, but not a measure of United moving forward, imo.

When I look back on his time, I will remember dull, cowardly football, poor results and failure - i don't see much to consider I will look back on favourably in the future.

Like I said, possibly won't be able to ascertain it properly until further down the line I believe.

And of course it will be somewhat opinion based, as I don't believe for a second this current squad is worse then the Moyes one, I think it has "potential" to be far superior, where as the Moyes squad was just garbage with no real room for improvement. Granted he wasn't allowed invest and get in players he had requested.

If Mourinho can get this squad ticking, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with the results and what it can achieve, coupled with a bit of fresh faces. Memphis is the big one for me. He needs to kept, nurtured, confidence built and get him to the level I believe he can.

I've a mild bit of hope, considering Hazard was a bit flashy here and there before Mourinho, then his level visibly stepped up. I'm hoping he can do the same with Memphis, continue developing Martial and Rashford, and we have the makings of a lethal front three. On the flipside, he's a history of ruining wide players, so I'm also worried for Memphis long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

sky88 wrote: »
    think boards would explode if it turned out giggs was giving the job over Jose

Giggs left Carrington at 10.30 this morning pretty quickly..

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I can flaunt my username again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

astradave wrote: »

Must be going signing on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

astradave wrote: »

But he hasn't been sacked. I wonder are they waiting to see how the Joyce thing plays out & maybe make Giggs U21's Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

i hope rashford gets the same opportunities next season as he did this season as he is a fantastic young player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Should Utd fans be wary of counting chickens even at this stage given the Woodward/Glazer history?

It's just crossed my mind and it's a reminder that no managerial appointment can change the ineptitude of the hierarchy above them.

Antibac wrote: »
    But he hasn't been sacked. I wonder are they waiting to see how the Joyce thing plays out & maybe make Giggs U21's Manager

He has been offered a role and has decided to turn it down supposedly.. I threw up a tweet about it on the last page there.. never know with these things though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

bangkok wrote: »
    i hope rashford gets the same opportunities next season as he did this season as he is a fantastic young player

I wouldn't say that's likely, Jose will want a big name striker.

It is everywhere now that at 1pm it will be announced the LVG era is over.

• astradave wrote: »

Can't see them dave, whats it say?

Gonna get extremely busy in here today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Mike Keegan ✔ ‎@MikeKeegan_DM
    Word is going around the staff at OT that Ryan Giggs has also left #mufc. No confirmation.
    Giggs gone for good?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't see them dave, whats it say?

Gonna get extremely busy in here today!

Word going around staff at OT that Giggs has left too but no confirmation yet

DONE DEALIO

BBC reporting he has been sacked

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/734699794074107904

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Damn right you won't !
    James Ducker ‏@TelegraphDucker 3m3 minutes ago
    Things you won't hear Mourinho say as #MUFC manager: 'Expectations at the club are too high' & 'City are the standard we need to aspire to'

haha liked this announcement.
    Musa Okwonga ‏@Okwonga 9m9 minutes ago
    It's official: Phil Jones will never take a corner again.

Ah here comes Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Giggs leaving could only be seen as a positive in my eyes, hes been part of a failed team for two reigns now, let Jose bring his own lads in, I never understood a coach having to have a few old boys on his ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TheTownie wrote: »
    Damn right you won't !

haha liked this announcement.

lets hope we dont see phil jones in a united shirt again nevermind a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

BBC are now the medium of choice to confirm truth among the rumours.

BREAKING: Louis Van Gaal has been sacked but he hasn't left the building as he keeps passing through the doors sideways and backwards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been out all morning. Glad I've not missed the announcement officially.

If Joyce takes the Blackburn job (and he should; he's way too good for the u21s, and it surprises me he wasn't linked with the top job as much as Giggs), then I'd really want Giggs to take the u21s. Give him a small portion of the transfer budget, a small backroom team and see how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Good luck to ye lads if you do sign Jose....but beware what you wish for.....
    He brings a cult of me
    The style of football isnt all that exciting
    Controversy follows
    He managed to destroy a league winning team very quickly, burning them out
    Sold our best youth for peanuts
    Hasnt stayed anywhere over 3 years

But will probably win you the league, so worth a punt

I actually like him

adox wrote: »

"He's a spoofer Adox, a spoofer"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm blowing my load early this summer.

We are not sacking Van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Good luck to ye lads if you do sign Jose....but beware what you wish for.....
    He brings a cult of me
    The style of football isnt all that exciting
    Controversy follows
    He managed to destroy a league winning team very quickly, burning them out
    Sold our best youth for peanuts
    Hasnt stayed anywhere over 3 years

But will probably win you the league, so worth a punt

I actually like him

I believe that Jose will be approaching this job for the long term. He is a huge fan Of Fergie and he'd love to build his own dynasty (albeit nowhere near 25 years). United will give him that opportunity he was never going to get anywhere else, save perhaps Inter.

• Advertisement

1:58 p.m. - 6 Apr 2016

"On Mou. His people say all done with United. Most football people think all done too. MUFC say no decision made. Lvg thinks he's staying"

he actually tweeted that before above article was even published

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Article from 20th, tweet from 21st.

Guillem Balague is, dare I say it... full of shite, and a bit behind the times?

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm blowing my load early this summer.

We are not sacking Van Gaal

Don't "Do a Liverpool"

tut tut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I blame Fellani for that food fight

So does Bangkok :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Crerrand strikes again

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

I named the dog Louis after LVG, how long will it take to train him to answer to Jose?

1:58 p.m. - 6 Apr 2016

"On Mou. His people say all done with United. Most football people think all done too. MUFC say no decision made. Lvg thinks he's staying"

he actually tweeted that before above article was even published

Which kinda makes it worse!!

Thanks.

How the news was broke in Carrington earlier
    https://twitter.com/ynfa_thehub/status/734698315221192708?s=09

• Samoa Joe wrote: »
    I named the dog Louis after LVG, how long will it take to train him to answer to Jose?

Louis - Jose

2 syllable

Should be easy

• Advertisement

SportWitness: 'The disease comes to Manchester.' - How Marca see Guardiola and Mourinho matching up again.

Marca have a picture of Mourinho and Guardiola in a western type duel with guns drawn.

It does really focus the eyes of the football world on Manchester.

Which kinda makes it worse!!

Thanks.

well that was only his opinion. it wasn't stated as fact. he tweeted on 6th April that deal was in place for mourinho but nothing signed yet

• RobertKK wrote: »
    SportWitness: 'The disease comes to Manchester.' - How Marca see Guardiola and Mourinho matching up again.

Marca have a picture of Mourinho and Guardiola in a western type duel with guns drawn.

LOL disease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RobertKK wrote: »

Can't fathom Mourinho arriving without being given assurances of a big spending spree. And surely assurances tat the club have their **** together to sign the players he wants.

Mourinho you'd imagine would be very blunt publicly about his disappointment over transfers if it was to happen.

Also felt that during the weekend we kinda glossed over Van Gaals comment about achievement whilst not getting the players he wanted. Would have like d a journalist to prove him more on that, instead a stupid **** asked him more future questions and killed the presser.

well that was only his opinion. it wasn't stated as fact. he tweeted on 6th April that deal was in place for mourinho but nothing signed yet

Yeah and then tweeted the opposite two weeks later.

Tells you all you need to know about him.

Looking forward to the Paddy Crerand show on MUTV this evening.

I expect some backtracking and side way passes on what he said recently about LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Louis - Jose

2 syllable

Should be easy

Louie
    Lousie
    Lousé
    Losé
    José

Just have to bring it in gradually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

jpboard1 wrote: »
    United, for good reason, have held off signing mourinho for a long time. And now they finally reach out his camp pull a trick like this. Looks like mourinho has learned nothing and the circus has started again.

You clearly dont understand how Mendes was affected by Falcao, Di Maria and De Gear by LVG he's clearly bitter towards him. I doubt it was Jose at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Is the statement going to be televised?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement