Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can't fathom Mourinho arriving without being given assurances of a big spending spree. And surely assurances tat the club have their **** together to sign the players he wants.

Mourinho you'd imagine would be very blunt publicly about his disappointment over transfers if it was to happen.

Also felt that during the weekend we kinda glossed over Van Gaals comment about achievement whilst not getting the players he wanted. Would have like d a journalist to prove him more on that, instead a stupid **** asked him more future questions and killed the presser.

The £145 million bid for Neymar which was turned down as confirmed by his father, as Neymar didn't want to move last season :P

That was never going to happen just after winning the CL and along with the domestic trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You know I wouldn't be surprised to see Ibrahimovic confirmed as our first signing later this week.

Is the statement going to be televised?

I have MUTV on.

Currently 'Paddy meets' is on.

I guess 'reality' is what he meets at 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

When a manager is sacked...it's usually a sign that his backroom team are gone.
    Giggs is obviously a strange one. You can't 'sack' Ryan Giggs surely?
    Frans Hoek has done a great job with DDG also.

It was nice to see Dietmar Hamann say 'thankfully' United won the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Samoa Joe wrote: »
    I named the dog Louis after LVG, how long will it take to train him to answer to Jose?

If you can't train him to track back you should swap him for a more expensive dog from Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When a manager is sacked...it's usually a sign that his backroom team are gone.
    Giggs is obviously a strange one. You can't 'sack' Ryan Giggs surely?

The guys that Van Gaal takes everywhere with him will be gone, they will go with him I am certain.

Giggs hopefully is gone too but you never know.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was nice to see Dietmar Hamann say 'thankfully' United won the FA cup.

He probably had a bet on it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The guys that Van Gaal takes everywhere with him will be gone, they will go with him I am certain.

Giggs hopefully is gone too but you never know.

https://twitter.com/FullTimeDEVILS/status/734703057632661506

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

They don't get on according to reports.

zerks wrote: »

Why are the club trying to keep Giggs though? Why is it that way, should it not be that Giggs, having now been part of two failed management teams is desperately trying to keep his job and the club are deciding the merits of keeping him around?

If Mourinho wants him thats one thing, the club should not be going out of its way to try to keep the common thread of two failed regimes in place.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I expect we'll be tying up the ibra deal and maybe one or two more before the euros! Exciting times ahead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Does any one have that picture of Mourinhos teams and the amount of goals scored each season

MUTV continues on as normal, now showing replay of FA cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nothing? Lvg staying then

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    MUTV continues on as normal, now showing replay of FA cup final.

Until the club release an official announcement I wouldn't expect them to say much.

Lol at Sky, announcement to be made at 1!!
    1pm arrives, eh, nothing
    But we do expect an announcement some time today.

Clowns

Why are the club trying to keep Giggs though? Why is it that way, should it not be that Giggs, having now been part of two failed management teams is desperately trying to keep his job and the club are deciding the merits of keeping him around?

If Mourinho wants him thats one thing, the club should not be going out of its way to try to keep the common thread of two failed regimes in place.

My guess is they have to be seen as trying to keep a club legend. More about appearances than anything else imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

All saying now no announcementsto be made haha. They haven't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

The clubs fascination with Giggs is beyond puzzling. Why he has gotten away scot-free from any/all examination is beyond me. He has been assistant manager to our 2 worst spells. He either was too weak to influence Van Gaal or was complicit in undermining him from with-in, neither of which I would want as my assistant if I were Jose.

Really hope it is the end of him because otherwise he will be the next manager after Jose and that does not bear worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

SteM wrote: »
    My guess is they have to be seen as trying to keep a club legend. More about appearances than anything else imo.

If that's the case why not just been him in an ambassador role similar to Bryan Robson and others?

Completely blinkered attitude trying to keep him. He was on staff for 2 failed managers and said himself he couldn't sleep when he had to pick the team when he was in charge after Moyes.

These are not the traits of a good manager, he has shown nothing to suggest he would be fit to be Utd manager IMO.

• Advertisement

PDqSaL1.png

Louis Van Gaal has been sacked but he hasn't left the building as he keeps passing through the doors sideways and backwards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Louis Van Gaal has been sacked but he hasn't left the building as he keeps passing through the doors sideways and backwards.

Oh Zerks, Bangkok beat you to the joke by hours :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »

Zerks you need to get your head in the game. You need to be refreshing man utd every 5 seconds

If that's the case why not just been him in an ambassador role similar to Bryan Robson and others?

Completely blinkered attitude trying to keep him. He was on staff for 2 failed managers and said himself he couldn't sleep when he had to pick the team when he was in charge after Moyes.

These are not the traits of a good manager, he has shown nothing to suggest he would be fit to be Utd manager IMO.

Meh, he was 40 years old and put in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world in his first managerial job. Wouldn't hold not being able to sleep against him. Your other points are fair enough imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The clubs fascination with Giggs is beyond puzzling. Why he has gotten away scot-free from any/all examination is beyond me. He has been assistant manager to our 2 worst spells. He either was too weak to influence Van Gaal or was complicit in undermining him from with-in, neither of which I would want as my assistant if I were Jose.

Really hope it is the end of him because otherwise he will be the next manager after Jose and that does not bear worth considering.

He wasn't assistant manager for 2 spells. He was a coach when Moyes was in charge. Steve Round was the assistant.

I would question what influence, if any, he had on the team selection and tactics with Van Gaal. Do you think after playing for the club for 20 years that he wants the team to play boring, negative football? I would be surprised if he doesn't feel a lot like Scholes, Rio, etc.

I don't get the negativity towards Giggs staying on in some role. U21s if Joyce leaves, would be a good fit for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I blame Fellaini ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Great day for the parish.

Our enemies are quaking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Zerks you need to get your head in the game. You need to be refreshing man utd every 5 seconds

5? Damn casual...

:P

• Advertisement

13238962_1042572715779623_8294879525565719545_n.jpg?oh=822b0514e6d10a6d5cc2d779e65a11f4&oe=57DDD81E

Headshot wrote: »

I got a new phone and none of my contacts have phone numbers....AAAGGHHH.
    On this day of all days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Next season is the football version of a Hollywood blockbuster

Manchester the football capital of the world as the two best managers fight it out

There must be some party going down in sky headquarters

v3ttel wrote: »
    I don't get the negativity towards Giggs staying on in some role. U21s if Joyce leaves, would be a good fit for him.

I agree but can't see him accepting the u21 job if its offered. It'd basically be a demotion. If he wants to be a manager then he needs to move on and take a job elsewhere imo.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surely the Kate GIFs will be busted out today LordTSC?

Apparently she's already landed at Carrington.

Next season is the football version of a Hollywood blockbuster

Manchester the football capital of the world as the two best managers fight it out

There must be some party going down in sky headquarters

Jim White on transfer deadline day will be even more OTT than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

He's looking for the side door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jim White on transfer deadline day will be even more OTT than ever.

I'd imagine all our business will be done well before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Yes a bit earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

stankratz wrote: »
    Apparently she's already landed at Carrington.

No she hasn't I haven't realized her yet....
    My ladies team are currently all tied up but they're very happy with the announcement to come..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭thomasj

Anyone else fearful that Woodward could do another disappearing act until august :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

v3ttel wrote: »
    I would question what influence, if any, he had on the team selection and tactics with Van Gaal.

If he had no influence, then how could he have demonstrated that he is worthy of any role going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

If he had no influence, then how could he have demonstrated that he is worthy of any role going forward?

if he was not allowed have any. I always thought he was an aesthetic appointment just to try and appease the fans at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Would imagine the bulk of our deals are done now just waiting on Mourinho to be confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

thomasj wrote: »
    Anyone else fearful that Woodward could do another disappearing act until august :eek:

I'm more fearful that he will get another pass if Jose fails. How long is he going to be allowed fumble around making mistake after mistake.

The one thing consistent since SAF left is Woodward. There's only so many managers the club can blame before people finally cop on that the people running the club are out of their depth.

Incidentally, another classless sacking of a manager. The club is turning into a joke and a horrible mess. Never mind he got the marquee signing that means most fans won't care how incompetent the people running the club really are. Just like when mata was signed to make Woodward look less incompetent, Jose will do the same this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement