Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• TheDoc wrote: »
    You know I wouldn't be surprised to see Ibrahimovic confirmed as our first signing later this week.

I really don't want this. 1 - 2 years for a player at the end of his career.
    Could also have a potential negative impact on the development of Martial and Rashford
    In fact the same could be said for putting Jose in charge in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It goes both ways, if Giggs has had no input for the past 3 years despite being in a prominent position then it is pretty gutless

Get rid please, if he's a good manager he'll get his shot eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In other news, Patrice Evra has signed a new two year contract with Juve, glad to see how well he has done for himself since he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Van Gaal is becoming very Van Gaal again.
    Seems the pressure is getting to him again and anything can happen then.

Doubt he ll see out his contract (which runs till 2017 iirc) and i will not be surprised at all if they get rid of him before this season ends.

And if that happens, the blame will be on anyone/everybody but himself.

From the transfer summer 2015 thread.

As for the last part, i guess he does have a small point if he starts blaming others than himself.

Now to replace him with his understudy while at Barca doesnt seem too much of a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Genuinely really hopes he does well here.

Obviously I want Chelsea to win things again, but in Europe I'd be cheering for Joses team - once it doesn't concern Chelsea.

I'm hoping for a Barca Man U game in the 17/18 season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If he had no influence, then how could he have demonstrated that he is worthy of any role going forward?

LvG said that Giggs was responsible for assessing the opposition & making reports for LvG. Jose won't need anyone to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Giggs left and tried to build himself a proper managerial career most fans would have a hell of a lot more respect for him. If he gets to stay on as no.2 again it won't look very good. After the way the last 3 years have panned out he needs to distance himself from Utd for a while IMO.

Jose should be given complete control of which staff he choses to surround himself with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

Its just amazing what they can do with gifs/vids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi lads!
    :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

v3ttel wrote: »
    In other news, Patrice Evra has signed a new two year contract with Juve, glad to see how well he has done for himself since he left.

He got a real shot in the arm from the move alright! :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Quandary wrote: »
    If Giggs left and tried to build himself a proper managerial career most fans would have a hell of a lot more respect for him. If he gets to stay on as no.2 again it won't look very good. After the way the last 3 years have panned out he needs to distance himself from Utd for a while IMO.

Jose should be given complete control of which staff he choses to surround himself with.

No hope Giggs would be Jose's number two, that will be Rui Faria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Discodog wrote: »
    LvG said that Giggs was responsible for assessing the opposition & making reports for LvG. Jose won't need anyone to do that.

Of course he will want someone to do that - maybe not Giggs, but you can be certain someone will be doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He got a real shot in the arm from the move alright! :)

Much needed. was definitly a player who needed the move. happy it worked so well for him as his last season with united was poor.

Wonder whst LVG id thinking about Jose considering they were such good friends and there seemed to be a really good friendship there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If he had no influence, then how could he have demonstrated that he is worthy of any role going forward?

I'm completely in favour of Mourinho picking his own backroom staff. If Giggs is part of that, or any other role below that (U21 manager, etc), then great. If he isn't, then that's fine. I just don't see why people are so hell bent against having Giggs staying on in any role, no matter what. If Mourinho decides he can be useful, I'm all for it.

Personally, if I were him, I'd go to another club and try to build a reputation. Then again, he's never demonstrated he can be a manager, so surely nobody would employ him ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Ha SSN "Jose has left in his car the plot thickens" he's probably gone for milk or something:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement

• sjb25 wrote: »
    Ha SSN "Jose has left in his car the plot thickens" he's probably gone for milk or something:)

Hilarious, he could be gone down to the shop for a loaf of bread also :pac:

Sky reporting everything and anything! The clowns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zERKS MATE YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DAY OF IT
    that was reported this morning.. possibly by Bangklok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Man gets into his car: SSN say an intriguing moment there haha.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hilarious, he could be gone down to the shop for a loaf of bread also :pac:

Sky reporting everything and anything! The clowns!

Whats the official bread and milk of Utd? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The sad thing is there probaley is an official bread and milk of united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Stop giving Woodward ideas. Make him work for his money!

• Advertisement

Kerrys own don't ye know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Zerks has been in the horrors since last Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

You've finally caught up with everyone and redeemed yourself Zerks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

We know
    MANAGERIAL NEWS!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/23/blackburn-approach-manchester-united-over-appointing-their-under/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Blackburn have approached United/Warren Joyce over their manager position.

Joyce has done wonders with the reserve/u21 side for years - would be a loss to the club.

Has there been any sign of Kew since Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Man gets into his car: SSN say an intriguing moment there haha.

Hardly a need for two of them too go the shops ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

What are people's thoughts on how Mourinho might handle our current squad?

He's always been a fan of Rooney so you would imagine he will have a place in the team, whether that's up front, 10 or midfield is hard to call. I can see Jose getting excellent use out of Morgan. I'd expect to see him become a starter for us in midfield. He strikes me as they type of hardworking, hard tackling, physical midfielder that Jose has always liked.

Memphis could be under serious pressure, but maybe a new managerial approach could see him turn it around.

Exciting times, even before we make a signing :)

• Gary the "Tash" Neville to return if Giggs leaves :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kew was around yesterday
    In great form after a hibs and united double...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I rather have Gary over Giggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ye know I'm amazed somones not had a go at Woodward about the fact its past 1 o'clock and an imagined announcement was supposed to be made...

I mean its just ridiculous... whats he doing... signing up a new bread and butter partner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I just hope Mourinho is refreshed, he probably needed a break after Madrid.

First time round at Chelsea he was brilliant, not nearly as cynical as post Madrid but the bravado was there and it was great to watch albeit begrudgingly from a United perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Honestly, I'd sell the lot of them bar Martial and DDG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently Ibra's agent is Dutch and has links to De Telegraaf, which is handy cause I've grown so used to them being reliable :P

Awesome news if true.

so he'll need to sign 16 players....

better get cracking jose.....

;):P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's not very practical though, is it?

I suspect Mourinho won't do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's always been a fan of Rooney so you would imagine he will have a place in the team, whether that's up front, 10 or midfield is hard to call. I can see Jose getting excellent use out of Morgan. I'd expect to see him become a starter for us in midfield. He strikes me as they type of hardworking, hard tackling, physical midfielder that Jose has always liked.

Memphis could be under serious pressure, but maybe a new managerial approach could see him turn it around.

Herrera is the one I'd have most hopes for - in a Lampard type of role, could do very well imo.

Or he could be sold for 2million and a bag of roasted sweetcorn to a spanish club. Fuk knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Marcus-Rashford-648721.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was about yesterday although Cork Hurlers put small dent on it yesterday ;).

Super Saturday though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm very interested to see what Rooney will do under Jose. He will hopefully be a new player and get back to scoring 15+ a year.

Exciting times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently Ibra's agent is Dutch and has links to De Telegraaf, which is handy cause I've grown so used to them being reliable :P

Awesome news if true.

Have faith. It's happening (I hope!)

• Was about yesterday although Cork Hurlers put small dent on it yesterday ;).

Super Saturday though :)

Yea, heard they were baaytin the Tipp lads around the pitch

You were busy putting the rangers players in a headlock on Saturday no doubt :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm in work so no television, are Sky camped outside Jose's gaff? Also twitter is blocked in work :( I'm having to guess what the tweets say based on posters replies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement