Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Didn't Jose say at one point he could not manage any other club in England bar Chelsea, that he is Chelsea, always will be etc?

Will make for some fine verbal jousting early with the media/rivals

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Didn't Jose say at one point he could not manage any other club in England bar Chelsea, that he is Chelsea, always will be etc?

Will make for some fine verbal jousting early with the media/rivals

He said that after he lost out on the united job for a second time and after chelsea rehired him,he most likely thought his united chance was gone forever, if united came in for him instead of van gaal he would have chosen us over chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jpboard1 wrote: »
    That would be because they are not the biggest club in the world...

They are the biggest club in the world though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The BBC journo that broke the Mourinho news after the cup final (Simon Stone) has put his name to an article that confirms we're targeting Ibrahimovic.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36367283

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What are you using to say that United are bigger than Real Madrid?

Madrid are valued slightly higher and have a higher income. Barcelona have been ahead of United the past couple of years too.

So what metric are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

eagle eye wrote: »
    What are you using to say that United are bigger than Real Madrid?

Madrid are valued slightly higher and have a higher income. Barcelona have been ahead of United the past couple of years too.

So what metric are you using?

He could be using fanbase - United's is bigger.

Also, I'm almost certain that United will have a higher revenue that Real Madrid for the 15/16 season although that may change when Real's new kit deal kicks in.

That said, I would personally say that Madrid are the biggest with Barca, Utd and Bayern not too far behind and well ahead of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Biggest sports team in the world really.

• The lemons must be mutations at this stage

Still fresh after 4 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Remember shareholder Ron Baron who bought $200 million of United when it floated on the NYSE says United will be valued around $6 billion by 2020 with free cash flow of between £275 million to £345 million a year.

United will take another revenue hike in the coming season from the new TV deal, which will give them the highest income in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Big isn't always better

15g3rzs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Still cant believe it fa cup win and lvg gone in two days and another two days ........................ cant wait for next season. 4 top managers in the league and more up and coming all battling it out football dont get much better.

Big isn't always better

15g3rzs.jpg

Is that what you say about your team?

Big isn't always better

15g3rzs.jpg

She only saying that to make you feel better :):):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    She only saying that to make you feel better :):):)
    Let's not bring your mother into this :p

RobertKK wrote: »
    Is that what you say about your team?
    If the shoe fits ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Je suis salty.

cant wait for next season. 4 top managers in the league and more up and coming all battling it out football dont get much better.

So who out of the following make your top four?

Mourinho
    Conte
    Klopp
    Wegner
    Pep
    Ranieri
    Pochettino
    Koeman

Mourinho
    Conte
    Klopp
    Wegner
    Pep
    Ranieri
    Pochettino
    Koeman

5 sorry id put ranieri in there too for what he has done this season. Ill have mourinho and klopp and pep and conte from your list thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking forward to seeing some of this in the EPL

He's a delight to watch

• Advertisement

5 sorry id put ranieri in there too for what he has done this season. Ill have mourinho and klopp and pep and conte from your list thank you.

Knock me down with a feather but I'd be inclined to agree with you. Wenger seems to be a busted flush but never say never.

Mourinho
    Conte
    Klopp
    Wegner
    Pep
    Ranieri
    Pochettino
    Koeman

As well as get me a bit excited for next season, that line-up reminded me of the lack of top English/British managers in the game.

Well, Wenger is more or less an honorary Englishman by now. That French accent is just for the cameras and to class the place up a bit. You'd wanna hear him in real life down the pub, he's practically full cockney at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

cantona speaking on his birthday..

"I love Jose Mourinho, but in terms of the type of football he plays I don’t think he is Manchester United," Cantona says.
    "Guardiola was the one to take. He is the only one to change Manchester. He is in Manchester, but at the wrong one."

Knock me down with a feather but I'd be inclined to agree with you. Wenger seems to be a busted flush but never say never.

I knew you would my mother told me what your into... :);)

Yes wengner is in the lvg territories at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    cantona speaking on his birthday..

"I love Jose Mourinho, but in terms of the type of football he plays I don’t think he is Manchester United," Cantona says.
    "Guardiola was the one to take. He is the only one to change Manchester. He is in Manchester, but at the wrong one."

I would actually have no interest in Guardiola at United, give me counter attacking football over Peps boring style any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

I'd personally love to see Mourinho stay for many many years at Utd.

Mourinho is not the type of manager that would last more the 2/3 years with a club ... Neither is LVG

The potential magical spell only lasts for so long with these kind of managers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I would actually have no interest in Guardiola at United, give me counter attacking football over Peps boring style any day.

Absolutely. As brilliant as that barca team were they bored me to death.

weisses wrote: »
    Mourinho is not the type of manager that would last more the 2/3 years with a club

Thats lazy analysis. It may turn out to be the case but Mourinho is actually at a stage of his career where he could easily desire to put down some roots and build a lasting legacy at some club or another.

The longevity thing is just one of many myths surrounding Mourinho but even if you accepted it, the fact is that everything is set up perfectly for him to finally buck that trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

My preference would be Ronald Koeman.... he will probably end up at Barca some time in the future, doing a Good job at Southampton considering the players they have sold over the last 3 seasons. Would definitely look at whoever is scouting for them too.
    Anyways we have the "saviour" one coming :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

8-10 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing some of this in the EPL

He's a delight to watch

Am I missing something. Is jose and Ibrahim confirmed ?

Jayop wrote: »
    Absolutely. As brilliant as that barca team were they bored me to death.

Yea agreed I actually prefer there more "Direct " style this year. Look what Pep did to Bayern imo he's bright them backwards compared to hyneckes? Spelling......

• Advertisement

Thats lazy analysis. It may turn out to be the case but Mourinho is actually at a stage of his career where he could easily desire to put down some roots and build a lasting legacy at some club or another.

It's a valid analysis wether you like it or not. And at this stage no amount of whataboutery will change that

It's a valid analysis wether you like it or not. And at this stage no amount of whataboutery will change that

Actually it wasn't even analysis, I should have said it was a lazy statement of opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ibrahimovic has been playing in a garbage turkey shoot league for 4 years.

Far more likely to be another Falcao than another Van Persie, in my opinion.

Actually it wasn't even analysis, I should have said it was a lazy statement of opinion.

Okay then ...It is a valid statement of opinion .. Unless you have some information that shows otherwise..

Don't know if it's been posted yet. But if true this is just desperate it's the definition of over coaching and it really questions LVG intelligence if he believed this approach would work for a team like United.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/22/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-players-near-mutiny

Okay then ...It is a valid statement of opinion .. Unless you have some information that shows otherwise..

AH lads it a football forum not an English forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Both United and Liverpool fined for illicit chanting (rightfully so IMHO).

Also, Liverpool have to get in contact with Man United in the next 30 days to reach a settlement over damage caused by their fans at Old Trafford. I think that'll be the second time in recent years that they have to pay for damage they caused at Old Trafford.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic has been playing in a garbage turkey shoot league for 4 years.

Far more likely to be another Falcao than another Van Persie, in my opinion.

In Champions league this season, he scored in 50% of games.
    Scored against Chelsea both home and away, and also scored against City.
    He seemed to like scoring against PL opposition.

Don't know if it's been posted yet. But if true this is just desperate it's the definition of over coaching and it really questions LVG intelligence if he believed this approach would work for a team like United.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/22/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-players-near-mutiny

I find it hard to believe that the things quoted in there are true, some of them are just beyond stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Before those games he had a shocking record against English teams.

He's definitely worth a punt, Falcao was coming off a serious knee injury, Ibra is coming off his best ever goal scoring season.

• Advertisement

This place has made brilliant reading past few days, the level of saltiness is just delicious.

he was rubbish v city, one of the worst performances i have ever seen in a champions league quarter final

its funny, but if Guardiola came to United and Jose went to city we would be saying "lucky we didnt get jose as he likes to park the bus and play negative football"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This at Anfield in his United jacket would be priceless.

jose.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

its funny, but if Guardiola came to United and Jose went to city we would be saying "lucky we didnt get jose as he likes to park the bus and play negative football"

I wouldn't, I'd be giving out about having to endure 3 years of possession based,performance enhanced, boreball..

Edit: I'd also be ****in gutted that City got Jose.. not everyone thinks the same as you, your shouldoctor know that by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

zerks wrote: »
    This at Anfield in his United jacket would be priceless.

jose.gif

It was priceless anyway zerks. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For Astradave,TSC,Jayo26,Bangkok etc.

Happy Birthday................Eri.......................................Bob Dylan.:P

Use the search function, you will find plenty of quotes from me giving that opinion on Guardiola long before Mourinho was ever linked with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Would er on the side of passing on Ibra tbh for several reasons. One is that I'm like others here and don't think he'll have a huge impact in the league, I think the City game is closer to what we'd get in the premier league from him than what he did in Ligue 1.

But another one is he'd he plugged as a marquee signing of the Summer and we'd be less likely to go for a world class player if we signed him imo.

There's an awful lot of Mourinho type players that need to be signed for several positions on the pitch, not to mention the weak aspect of our squad as it stands anyway and how it can't mount a serious title challenge without a lot of work. This makes me think Ibra would be painted as the "marquee" signing with the actual transfer budget itself spent on good but not world class players.

I know that's not exactly an unsensible plan but id love for us to go and sign a properly prime class player in his pomp, just for my own excitement and a sign of intent ☺

• Advertisement

he was rubbish v city, one of the worst performances i have ever seen in a champions league quarter final

Are you talking about the 2 openers where he got one on one v Hart and missed the penalty. Anyone can have a bad day in front of goal. Ensuring you're getting into positions is the priority.

KDB had the worst game of any professional player against Madrid. You still have him at United in a heart beat?;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement