Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako Finnfire Varmint

Options
  • 08-05-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All
    I got a Sako Finnfire Varmint a few days go in great condition. Got the Hunter model a few months ago so you say its a slight addiction.
    Anyhow, any peeps use the Varmint for International/Factory Sporter BR classes? With scope etc I'm finding it extremely hard to get it under the 8.5 lb limit. Any help, guidance would be great. Ta.
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

I had one that was previously shot (with success) in light varmint. You'll need to change stock to get it under weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aiwaz

...ta for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

What weight is the rifle at present with scope and bolt etc? If you want to shoot factory sporter in needs to be 8.5lbs max with a scope of 12x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aiwaz

Hi
    Its 7lb 10 oz (heavier than I had anticipated to be honest). No scope mounted at the moment so trying to combine scope and rings to get it under the 8.5Lb.
    There are Ultralight Leupold scopes but then there's the rings. There is no room for error and I'm just curious if people use this model in factory/international sporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Hi any pics of the sako

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

You can get a Leopold scope which weighs 14oz 6-18x40 with 1/8 target turrets for about €820 and then light rings 1oz, that will keep you under weight with a fab scope. It will allow you to shoot Factory (must have factory stock) at 12x on your scope and International at 6x. You would be easily under the weight then. PM me your phone number and I can give you a lot more info on this

Advertisement