Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rain-X for helmet visors/bike screens.

• 08-05-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Bought this the other day.
    Specificly made for plastics and helmet visors.
    It works too,as I tested out on the bikes screen and my tinted visor in the lashing rain last night on my way back home from the ride out to Bray.:)

20160506_160729_zpsw2fhzphc.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kawalski

Really? I might try it then..... Does it help with the filthy spray from other traffic? I often wish it would just keep raining so I can at least clear the visor with my gloved hand instead of creating a smear that I can't see through :-0

PS. What's with the wd40? Product placement perhaps? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Been using Rain-X for years. Great stuff

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Kawalski wrote: »
    Really? I might try it then..... Does it help with the filthy spray from other traffic? I often wish it would just keep raining so I can at least clear the visor with my gloved hand instead of creating a smear that I can't see through :-0

PS. What's with the wd40? Product placement perhaps? Lol

My tinted visor is staying alot cleaner for alot longer,and when theres any road spray flung up onto the visor theres no smearing or streaks on the visor when I go to wipe it away with my glove.In the heavy rain the water beads just roll right off to either side of the visor.:)
    Oh and the WD40 was given to me as a free sample.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kawalski

I'll defo have to give it a try then, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Where do you get it from?

• Advertisement

Where do you get it from?

PR Rielly in Kilbarrack.
    They stock a few other bits n bobs for motorbikes,and are cheaper than Halfords too.Good selection of WD40 motorbike cleaners,sprays and lubes.

www.team.ie

Halfords have it on a Buy 1 get another free at the moment, not sure if website only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

thecivvie wrote: »
    Halfords have it on a Buy 1 get another free at the moment, not sure if website only

You could order it online and pick up in the shop....thats a good deal imo..

You could order it online and pick up in the shop....thats a good deal imo..

Did that and a friend is picking up the two bottles for me :)

Halfords do not stock Rain-X for plastic.
    The normal Rain-X is not to be used on plastics,its says so on the back of the bottle.

The Rain-X for Plastics that I bought from PR Reily is specificly made for plastics and helmet visors.

• Advertisement

Halfords do not stock Rain-X for plastic.
    The normal Rain-X is not to be used on plastics,its says so on the back of the bottle.

The Rain-X for Plastics that I bought from PR Reily is specificly made for plastics and helmet visors.

I have been using Rain-X (non plastic) on my visors for as long as I can remember and never had any issues with it, Shark, HJC visors all ok

I have been using Rain-X (non plastic) on my visors for as long as I can remember and never had any issues with it, Shark, HJC visors all ok

I avoided the normal Rain-X when I read on the back of the bottle,do not use on plastics.
    The only place that currently stocks the specific Rain-X Plastic is PR Reily.
    Personally,Id rather use a product that is specificly made for visors and plastic screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Trying RainX on the car at the moment and am not liking it. Will clean the surface and try again as we in for a spell of wet weather.

Must keep the RainX for plastic in mind for the bike

I avoided the normal Rain-X when I read on the back of the bottle,do not use on plastics.
    The only place that currently stocks the specific Rain-X Plastic is PR Reily.
    Personally,Id rather use a product that is specificly made for visors and plastic screens.

All I am saying is that I have not had an issue with it, on either my visors or screens or clocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fúck, was thinking I must get this, it sounds great. Then realised I don't ride in the rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I used the 'non-plastic' one and after a while, the visor was getting cloudy. YMMV.

I'll give a go to the 'plastic' approved one if I can find it.

Plopli wrote: »
    I used the 'non-plastic' one and after a while, the visor was getting cloudy. YMMV.

I'll give a go to the 'plastic' approved one if I can find it.

I wonder does it depend on the visor. I used it almost daily on a Shark Vison R visor and sun screen and the visor is as clear now as it was then. I am aware that they say not to use on plastic. I still use it. But I would get the 'Plastic' version if I could locally

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I use it in the car, its good but you have to reapply it. Can you use the same stuff on your lid or do you have to get some specific for plastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zascar wrote: »
    I use it in the car, its good but you have to reapply it. Can you use the same stuff on your lid or do you have to get some specific for plastic?
    Does it make your wipers squeak?

Advertisement