Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLR "Bay 10K" 2016 Registration

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Was down there today stewarding with a group from Kilcoole AC. Well done to the organisers and runners. Great running from our club too. I recognised the 2nd placed runner Karol from an IMRA race a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Great event today. Perfect weather as well.

Only been running since June but I managed to beat my PB for 0-5km by a few seconds and completed the race in just over 54 minutes.

If I am still in town next year Ill be sure to do this race again.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

well organised race, and good conditions

First 5km is challenging, but if you hang in there, you can make the time up on the 2nd 5km

I finished with a pb by over minute, 51.02.

Need to find a flat 10km to break the 50 minute mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

My second tune up race for DCM this year. Home in 42:14 for a shiny new PB (44:04 on the same course in 2014). Thanks to all the boardsies out there supporting... spotted marthastew a few times, KC and Mr Stew out there. Was quite warm for the first stretch out to the monkstown turn. Took on some water just after 5km which was desperately needed and in hindsight that hill up to glenageary wasn't quite as bad a I remember it from 2 years ago.

Delighted with the PB as my average pace was faster than I'd managed at the 5 mile race series in June. Race series HM will be the final tune up before the main event.

Thanks to the organisers for a superbly ran event (again).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Great race today, ran this last year in 50 mins and was really only hoping to better that as the hills don't exactly lend themselves to pbs but I came out of the race disappointed with 45.36 as I was so close to a sub 45, but theres always next year :-)

My only gripe would be the medal being the exact same as last year, would be nice if the year was engraved onto the medal rather than the ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

One thing I forgot to mention. Only downside was the water in cups, it's a pain in the whole, you have to stop to take water on board

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

My only gripe would be the medal being the exact same as last year, would be nice if the year was engraved onto the medal rather than the ribbon.

:rolleyes:
    My 5 year old had the same complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

No reason to stop just because the water is in cups. I personally hate bottles. Dangerous underfoot, a complete waste of money/bad for the environment and generally unnecessary.

A really enjoyable race today. For me it was excellently organised run on an interesting (and testing!) course. Great to have closed roads so close to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Looking at the results, the age grouping is all over the place. I was put in the M55, should be in M60, lots of other guys in the same position. The "should be" winner of the M50 finished nearly 6 minutes ahead of the stated M50 winner but was lumped in with the M45. Stewards enquiry needed there methinks

• Advertisement

Looking at the results, the age grouping is all over the place. I was put in the M55, should be in M60, lots of other guys in the same position. The "should be" winner of the M50 finished nearly 6 minutes ahead of the stated M50 winner but was lumped in with the M45. Stewards enquiry needed there methinks

Any results queries can be sent to ronan@myresults.com and info@dlrbay10k.ie - thanks

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Any results queries can be sent to ronan@myresults.com and info@dlrbay10k.ie - thanks

Yep, did that, thanks

Also in the wrong age group, chip time the same as gun time in error,overall an enjoyable event however

Also in the wrong age group, chip time the same as gun time in error,overall an enjoyable event however

Same here, took me at least 25 seconds to cross the start line. Chip & gun time the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Antwerp

Great race, didn't find hills as bad as last year also ran 5mins quicker than 2015 race (and an earlier 10km in 2016) so delighted with my PB!!!

Positives very well organised and a beautiful scenic course (if challenging).

On the flip side the start happened very quickly with no count down per se and they should really have skips after the water stations as people were lobbing empty cups everywhere which wasn't great.

Definitely be back next yr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Limestone123

Hi there, I really enjoyed the race too. Can anyone explain the sub categories to me? Or is there a link to explain what the initials mean. I think I might be in the wrong sub category. Thanks.

MS is senior men, up to age 44, M45 is 45-49 you get the drift. It seems that myrunresults made a cock up of the age categories and decided to delete the F50, F60, M50 and M60 because they said that it would only "confuse" people, this despite the fact that prior to the race there was no notice given as to which age cats there would be prizes for, citing "instructions from the organisers". My argument is that surely people in whatever age catagory are entitled to see how they performed against others in their age group, deleting these age cats is just an insult to the people who forked out €25 to run this race. I really hope the organisers look at using a different timing company next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The timing company surely don't decide what age categories there are, sounds like your issue should be with the organisers rather than the timing company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Will they get the Bay 10K signs down this year in time for the ironman 70.3? By the looks of it... no...

adrian522 wrote: »
    The timing company surely don't decide what age categories there are, sounds like your issue should be with the organisers rather than the timing company.

Yes the organisers decided what age groups were getting prizes but that is no reason to just delete the results from the non prize groups, that was a decision of the timing company who told me they did it because "it would confuse people" !!. I would just have liked to see where in my own age group I finished. I'm sure others would also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If they acted due to "instructions from the organizers" then the issue (such as it is) would be with the organizers not with the timing company surely?

They don't just do these things for the craic, not sure why you want to see your place in a category that doesn't really exist.

adrian522 wrote: »
    If they acted due to "instructions from the organizers" then the issue (such as it is) would be with the organizers not with the timing company surely?

They don't just do these things for the craic, not sure why you want to see your place in a category that doesn't really exist.

Category doesn't really exist ??? When the results were published shortly after the race end there were results in EVERY age category, including my "proper" group, not the one they decided to stick me in. Having discovered that they (the timing company) had made a total mess of the category results they just decided to delete those that there were no prizes for. I think for an entry fee of €25 the least they could do is show people where they finished in the proper age groups.

Category doesn't really exist ??? When the results were published shortly after the race end there were results in EVERY age category, including my "proper" group, not the one they decided to stick me in. Having discovered that they (the timing company) had made a total mess of the category results they just decided to delete those that there were no prizes for. I think for an entry fee of €25 the least they could do is show people where they finished in the proper age groups.
    Yep, same here, when I queried why I was in the wrong category, they got rid of the right one.

From your post above it says they did this due to instructions from the organizers. Not sure how you are blaming the timing company at all here.

The €25 entry fee doesn't go to the timing company, your issue really needs to be with the organizers of the race.

Thanks for the feedback as always everyone.
    I've passed this on to the RD.

Advertisement