Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Swap Magic

Options
  • 08-05-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum or not to post this but I bought myself a swap magic disc from mod-chip.com the other week and it finally arrived on friday. I thought that I could finally play my ntsc games again after my region modded console died a few years back.

I spent all day yesterday looking in my parents attic for the games (bloody Christmas decorations) and sat down today to enjoy them. So i stuck the swap magic disc in and .... nothing ...apart from the please insert a playstation disc notification of course.

So I tried again, and again and even put in the swap magic cd disc (the 1st disc I tried was the dvd one) ... and again nothing. Now I've never seen a swap magic disc before but the underside of both of these discs looked like the rings of saturn (not the Sega kind), so I'm not sure if there's something wrong there of if thats the way they look anyway.

On top of this I also realised that I should have received a PS2 slider tool (I have a PS2 slim) with the discs, which I never received, so even if these discs were read properly I still couldn't swap them for the ntsc games, so I've sent an email to the modchip guys to see whats going on there.

Has anyone else used these before and had similar trouble, or can help me in some way? I'm not sure if the discs are faulty or that its just the ps2's laser that can't read the discs. I dont wanna go out an buy another ps2 only for it to happen again and it just be a complete waste of money.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

sugarman wrote: »
    Not really sure what your prob is, but first off, you dont need a slider tool for the slim. Its only needed for the fat.

2nd, is it an official disc you are using? A burnt copy wont work.

3rd, Free McBoot is the way to go. Forget swap magic. You just need a compatible game to exploit and it only takes minutes. Plenty of tutorials on youtube.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, yep its an official copy I'm using.

I'd hate to think that I threw away 27 quid on this swap magic if I can't get it to work on this ps2, though I suppose I might be forced to buy another ps2 and if what you're saying is true then a free mcboot job might be a cheaper option, especially if even buying another PS2 still doesn't sort out my problem.
    FML!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Buy a TEST PS2 !
    They're awesome !
    Play all regions right out of the box, including PS games from all over.
    I love mine....

Sorry
    Any opportunity to evangelise about the TEST PS2!

Advertisement