If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this tv saorview ready?

Options
  • 08-05-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am interested in this or something similar

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201922-tx55dx600b.aspx

I have not bought a tv in 7 years and the last one I bought was an English one as in it wasn't Saorview ready just Freeview ready

Thanks in advance

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I see it does not receive freesat HD stations

Is that a big issue or is that the norm?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

yayamark wrote: »
    I see it does not receive freesat HD stations

Is that a big issue or is that the norm?
    Hi Yayamark.

There are very few TV that will do freesat HD, so it is very normal for a TV to not have freesat built in. Freesat is ran off of a satellite dish rather than a normal aerial.

Freeview HD runs on an aerial but as you are in the south you will not be able to pick up freeview HD unless perhaps you are in an over spill area. Freeview is a UK based service.
    As with the smart features you will not get UK catch up TV.

I hope that this helps a little.

Any questions please drop me a post.

Is it Saorview ready?

Is it Saorview ready?
    Hi Yayamark.

The 55DX600 is indeed capable of picking up the Saorview channels in the South. Usually the way we try and gauge it would be that if the screen has a freeviewHD tuner is should pick up Saorview.

hi

Still haven't bought a tv

but interested in this one

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201902-bravia-kd55xd8599.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

I presume it has Saorview?

Anything I need to know about it?

Thanks

• Advertisement

hi

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201902-bravia-kd55xd8599.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's been a busy day in store! That TV is actually fantastic. Any TV with Freeview HD built into it will pick up Saorview so this will, the only thing it doesn't have is a satellite tuner. The Sonys are great for natural colour and good motion processing as well.

I hope this information has been useful.

Kind Regards

David

hi

Thanks
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, it's been a busy day in store! That TV is actually fantastic. Any TV with Freeview HD built into it will pick up Saorview so this will, the only thing it doesn't have is a satellite tuner. The Sonys are great for natural colour and good motion processing as well.

Kind Regards

David
    No prob, thanks for the reply

What would a satellite tuner be good for?, do I need it?

and if u can point me in the direction of a tv that does

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi

Thanks
    Hi,

Kind Regards

David
    No prob, thanks for the reply

What would a satellite tuner be good for?, do I need it?

and if u can point me in the direction of a tv that does

Thanks
    It does have a satellite tuner on board!

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.