Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Console Question

Options
  • 08-05-2016 11:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have one Xbox Live account with Gold. If I buy a second Xbox One and set it as my home console, can those two Xbox Ones play multiplayer at the same time (on the same network)?
    i.e. I sign into my Gold account on the non-home Xbox and I sign into an alt account on the home Xbox.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

I have two X1s at home. one in the sitting room, one in the man cave.
    one in sitting room is set to home. everyone in the family can use that one without me having to be signed in.
    only down fall is the on that is not set as home must be connected to internet/live in order to play your digital games.
    I have tested the multiplayer on them and they work. I have the both hardwired through power adapters.
    may want to check the router you have. it may cause problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

gmg678 wrote: »
    I have two X1s at home. one in the sitting room, one in the man cave.
    one in sitting room is set to home. everyone in the family can use that one without me having to be signed in.
    only down fall is the on that is not set as home must be connected to internet/live in order to play your digital games.
    I have tested the multiplayer on them and they work. I have the both hardwired through power adapters.
    may want to check the router you have. it may cause problems.

Thanks. I was thinking about buying a second Xbox One but I'm not interested in paying for another Gold subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thanks. I was thinking about buying a second Xbox One but I'm not interested in paying for another Gold subscription.

You can set up a second profile but use one xbox live for both

You can set up a second profile but use one xbox live for both

Yeah, that was my idea. I didn't know if a second profile on a home console could use the Gold while the Gold account is signed in on a different console.

I thought Micro$oft would have forced you to buy a second Gold membership.

Anyway, thanks for further clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Yeah, that was my idea. I didn't know if a second profile on a home console could use the Gold while the Gold account is signed in on a different console.

I thought Micro$oft would have forced you to buy a second Gold membership.

Anyway, thanks for further clarifying.

Nope. Set the profile with xbox gold as the home xbox where you would use the second profile. Add second profile to family then and it has access to everything

• Advertisement

Nope. Set the profile with xbox gold as the home xbox where you would use the second profile. Add second profile to family then and it has access to everything

I know.

Advertisement