Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best university for medicine in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-05-2016 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, just wondering from past experience does anyone know the best place to study medicine? Any pros and cons for certain universities? I heard Trinity isn't great for science courses but don't know how true this is... Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

I don't know anything about the other universities but I can definitely vouch for UCC having a fantastic degree as well as a really nice shiny health sciences building. The course was really comprehensive I felt the clinical teaching was just excellent for equipping us for real life, as with anything though a lot of what you get out depends on how much effort you put in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I doubt you'll find too many people have done the course in more than one university and would be in a position to compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

From speaking to friends in almost every undergraduate medical course in the country they seem to be all pretty comparable. I don't think there's much difference between them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

There is very little difference I believe. I know when we started out and talking to other interns, there were pros and cons to every college but we were all equipped to do the job and that was the main thing!

Advertisement