Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

? spam calls from Eir Technical

Options
  • 09-05-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi I've had two calls from a call centre in India claiming to be from Eir Technical. ( Sunday at 10am and today at 8:50am) I don't have an account with eir of any type.. Can you clarify if Eir would make unsolicited phone calls like this or is it a scam? I asked the first caller not to call this number again.. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As far as I know their tech support is in Ireland.
    What was he wanting you to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Was the call center in India, or did the tech just have an accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

I didn't let him get that far. My OH answered the one yesterday so warned me that he thought they were spamming so I cut him off before he could get started... TBH at school time on a Monday morning God could be on the phone and I'd cut it pretty short.. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Never download anything to your PC on the instructions of an anonymous caller.
    You could always leave them on hold for an hour :)

Hmm, now I did just jump to that conclusion, the lady yesterday and man today both had Indian accents.. but possible that it's just a coincidence.. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So what was the number they called from OP?

The phone call was to the land line but no number showed up on screen or in past calls memory.. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

busymum1 wrote: »
    Hi I've had two calls from a call centre in India claiming to be from Eir Technical. ( Sunday at 10am and today at 8:50am) I don't have an account with eir of any type.. Can you clarify if Eir would make unsolicited phone calls like this or is it a scam? I asked the first caller not to call this number again.. Thanks.
    Hi  busymum1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

eir technical support employees would not make outbound calls to non eir customers, if you are ever in doubt about about this you can request a contact landline number from the agent and you should be able to call them back.

We are aware of an increase of scam / phishing calls been made to members of the public at the minute. You can read more on this here http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert

-Pamela 

I thought as much. Thanks Pamela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

busymum1 wrote: »
    I thought as much. Thanks Pamela.
    No problem busymum1 :) more than happy to help.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement