Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech/ITI RF620I4 wireless sensor

Options
  • 09-05-2016 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Have a aritech cs250 alarm and one of the wireless sensors keeps on setting the alarm off.

It takes a cr123a 3v lithium battery and I have changed this and still goes off.

Are these sensors easy to replace as DIY job?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, if you have engineer access.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Yes I have engineer access, found a thread that altor had been replying to ages ago about this same subject so will try this, delete this thread if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kopkidda wrote: »
    Yes I have engineer access, found a thread that altor had been replying to ages ago about this same subject so will try this, delete this thread if you like.

Glad I could help :D

altor wrote: »
    Glad I could help :D

Sent you PM mate,thanks again.Them wireless sensors are a pain!Great idea but the batteries are a joke.

Sent you PM mate,thanks again.Them wireless sensors are a pain!Great idea but the batteries are a joke.

Really, the batteries in the 433 sensors last 5 years plus.
    If you find it is draining the battery I would replace the sensor as that would be the issue.

• Advertisement

Really, the batteries in the 433 sensors last 5 years plus.
    If you find it is draining the battery I would replace the sensor as that would be the issue.

Well replaced the one that has been draining batteries for past two years,even bought rechargeable ones to see how I got on with them.Will see how the batteries last in this.Are the wireless motion sensors as easy to replace like for like?

Well replaced the one that has been draining batteries for past two years,even bought rechargeable ones to see how I got on with them.Will see how the batteries last in this.Are the wireless motion sensors as easy to replace like for like?

I would not recommend using rechargeable batteries in alarm sensors.
    If you have replaced the device with a new sensor id say you will be all good then.
    Yes, its the same. Just enroll by tripping the tamper on the device.

I would not recommend using rechargeable batteries in alarm sensors.
    If you have replaced the device with a new sensor id say you will be all good then.
    Yes, its the same. Just enroll by tripping the tamper on the device.

What do you mean by tripping the tamper?

What do you mean by tripping the tamper?

The device is learned into the system using the tamper.
    Opening and closing the device trips this to enroll.

The device is learned into the system using the tamper.
    Opening and closing the device trips this to enroll.

I'm with you,thanks again,gent

• Advertisement

I'm with you,thanks again,gent

No problem, any other issues please let us know.

Advertisement