Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combining Fitness, Diet and Work

• 09-05-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 36 Sigerson

Hi all,

I'm on an internship at the moment and am living away from home.

I work 9-5 and I get an hour long bus home from the office.

I have recently joined a gym which is located right next to the office.

I'd like to know what is the best way to manage eating for the gym.

For example, if I go to the gym 5-6 then I won't be home till 7 and then I would have to make food at that time and head to bed around half 10 as I get up around 7 each morning.

I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough energy for the gym with just a breakfast and a lunch.

Do you guys have any tips or what would you do in my situation??

Also, my current goals at the gym would be to cut body fat in case that helps with any advice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You can always just eat a bit more at breakfast and/or lunch and have enough fuel in the tank.

And do some food prep at the weekend so that your food when you get home in the evening just needs reheating or just eating.

Bring a lunchbox with a pre gym snack and maybe prep dinners in advance and freeze them or at least cook batches of two so you've one for the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bring a small snack before the gym if you feel you need a boost.

I train after work a lot, often a double session. I'll have a snack if I'm hungry, but not always. I don't think its as necessary as people make out based on my experiences. Realistically you'll only have finished digesting lunch, plan that properly and you should have lots of fuel later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Mellor wrote:
    I train after work a lot, often a double session. I'll have a snack if I'm hungry, but not always. I don't think its as necessary as people make out based on my experiences. Realistically you'll only have finished digesting lunch, plan that properly and you should have lots of fuel later.

Yep agree with this a lot. Usually I wouldn't have eaten in the last two or 3 hours before a gym session. On Saturday mornings I would pretty commonly train fasted. Roughly 15 hours since my last meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Go before work?

Cook your dinners/lunches for the week on Sunday evening so you can just pop them out of the freezer and heat them up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement