Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Air display suddenly appearing washed-out

Options
  • 09-05-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I've had my 2013 Macbook Air 11" for 2 years 6 months. Yesterday, for the first time, the screen suddenly appeared noticeably a bit washed-out / faded. It's the same at the moment. It appeared to remedy itself last night at one point, but it's back to looking a bit washed out now again.

I have disabled Automatic Brightness, and that seems to have "fixed" the problem. But I don't understand why it suddenly began to (seemingly out of nowhere) appear washed out and faded.

Has anyone heard of this happening? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sounds odd. Could be the screen on it's way out?

If you're in Dublin, check out "Right Click" on Camden St. Great dudes in there. They sorted my Macbook Air a year ago at 1/2 the price CompuB were looking for. I'm sure they would advise over the phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Exact same issue and fix on my Macbook Air. Also on a 2013 model. Mine would do it at startup and then eventually come normal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Axlan

Try Mactivate in Blanchardstown.

Advertisement