Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permanent TSB - GoRewards Cashback

• 09-05-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Has just popped up on my internet banking

Register your PTSB Card and then activate offers online

Current offers include €10 cashback on a €50 spend in Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yes just noticed that myself and came straight here. it will be interesting how this pan's out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Not the great offer it first sounds like
    What do you get with GoREWARDS?

Say cheerio to printing out vouchers or weighing your wallet down with endless loyalty cards! Introducing GoREWARDS, all you need is your permanent tsb Visa Debit Card!

It’s simple – register your Visa Debit Card on the GoREWARDS website.

Once registered GoREWARDS will give you cashback just for using your Visa Debit Card to purchase an offer from a shop or against any offer that's listed online on your GoREWARDS personalised offers page.

How does GoREWARDS work?

Step 1 - Register

Click on the link below to register your Visa Debit Card. Enter some info so Visa can email you with offers based on where you are and where you shop.

Step 2 - Weekly Offers

Each week Visa will email you with your top 2 offers from the GoREWARDS website. You’ll have even more offers updated on the website weekly, so don’t be a stranger and check-in regularly!

Over time your offers will become more and more tailored to your spending habits.

Step 3 - Activate & Redeem

To activate your weekly offers simply view them in your GoREWARDS personalised offers email and/or log into the GoREWARDS website. Let your Visa Debit Card do the rest for you, use your card to purchase any offer listed on your GoREWARDS personalised offers page.

Within 5 working days you'll see the cash come back into your Current Account. You’ll see this on your recent transactions on Open24 Online Banking and on your statement letting you see all your earnings.

Your GoREWARDS cashback will be lodged into the account that your registered Visa Debit Card relates to.

Please note that permanent tsb will never email you looking for any account information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Current offers include €10 cashback on a €50 spend in Argos

that's a good offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Not the great offer it first sounds like

Sounds good to me - so I spend €50 in Argos and five days later I get €10 back in to my bank account. Whats not to like about that? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just signed up there, have the Argos offer, and €5 back on €25 spend for Irish Rail

Plus Cashback offers for Snapfish/Asos/Boden/M&S/Chain Reaction Cycles/Allsaints/Swarovski

From what I can see there's no hoops to jump through to get the cashback, seems pretty simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

Is it genuine ? It is not coming up if you google ? any chance it is scam to get your card details ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nothing I can see on permanent tsb website either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

gmisk wrote: »

It's there on the right hand side when you log in to open24, redirects you to a visa website here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

all offers end 19/05/2016

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Dymo

gmisk wrote: »

You have to login to OPEN24 for it to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It won't accept my card number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

ted1 wrote: »
    It won't accept my card number

Nor mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

just signed up, looks good

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Wouldn't accept my card first time round, tried it a while later and registered no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

getting an error when i type in my card number. will try again later but thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Also getting an error trying to register card number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Registered fine, thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Thanks OP! I spent €250 in Argos this morning :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

all offers end 19/05/2016

Would assume that the expiry date of the current offers, will probably have new offers after that date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Sorry I'm just on basic phone, is it only 'up to' €50 max... Or is it 10 off each 50.. So if you spend 100 you get 20 off etc

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Sorry I'm just on basic phone, is it only 'up to' €50 max... Or is it 10 off each 50.. So if you spend 100 you get 20 off etc

This is the small print below the link on the rewards page...
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €50.00 at Argos, including taxes and after any discounts. Max reward up to €25.00. Offer valid in-store or online for one purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

I contacted them to ask why my card wouldn't be accepted. Here is the answer.

Thank you for your query.

In order to complete registration to the GoRewards by Permanent TSB service your card number must be secured during the activation process as Visa Europe does not store the card number for security purposes.

The error message displayed indicates that your internet service provider is blocking this security function.

To successfully register your card details, we recommend that you complete the registration on a different internet network or on a mobile device that is not connected to the same WiFi network.

Kind regards,

GoRewards Support | Visa Europe | visaeurope.com

I was able to register when I went home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Too bad it's only debit card right now, would be nice if they go down the credit card route like nationwide/citi in the UK.

Anyone else signed up? Any good savings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Delta2113 wrote: »

I did.

Used it for Argos and had a tenner back in my account in a couple of days which was great.
    Wish the Argos one was permanent

Delta2113 wrote:

Also used the argos one and got the tenner in a few days.

Hopefully more good deals come

I presume if you sign up and never use it you don't pay a fee or anything?

I presume if you sign up and never use it you don't pay a fee or anything?

No fees chargeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 stopdotcom

Me the same - got tenner back (Argos deal) and fiver (Irish Rail). Assume new rewards tomorrow?

the Argos/ irish rail offer has been extended until the 2nd of June

also added 6% back in jd sports

3% back in M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the Argos/ irish rail offer has been extended until the 2nd of June

also added 6% back in jd sports

3% back in M&S

I already redeemed it last week. I wonder if it being renewed allows me to use it again or not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I know every little helps but 6% on one transaction (online only) and 3% on one transaction in M&S aren't much to get excited about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So how does this work? You register, you pay for things in these shops and the "reward" gets added back to your current account a few days later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Most seem to be online deals except Argos includes in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

i think though if you are going to make a purchase its a no brainer. very little effort to sign up and appears to be no hassle. im not going to turn down free money if i am going to make the purchase anyway. each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    i think though if you are going to make a purchase its a no brainer. very little effort to sign up and appears to be no hassle. im not going to turn down free money if i am going to make the purchase anyway. each to their own.

Do you have to go into the website and activate each offer? It's grand if you're going to use it but a €50 shop in M&S will earn you €1.50. Even boots card is more than that

It sound churlish moaning about free money, I just thought it'd be more

• Registered Users Posts: 13 stopdotcom

Dodge - you don't have to activate Irish Rail or Argos. If I have something to buy in Argos then tenner back will make me happy. I hope I will be able to get Irish Rail again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

What's the maximum cash back that I can get when buying an item from Argos? let's say I will buy a TV for 500 EUR, will I get 10 EUR cashback or a little bit more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

alwald wrote: »
    What's the maximum cash back that I can get when buying an item from Argos? let's say I will buy a TV for 500 EUR, will I get 10 EUR cashback or a little bit more?

10 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭vickers209

alwald wrote: »

Quote:
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €50.00 at Argos, including taxes and after any discounts. Max reward up to €25.00. Offer valid in-store or online for one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

vickers209 wrote: »

Quote:

I bought a tablet for 200 quid last week, and was redeemed €10. I'm back and forth with them at the moment as I think I should have gotten €25 back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I bought a tablet for 200 quid last week, and was redeemed €10. I'm back and forth with them at the moment as I think I should have gotten €25 back.

What you think you should have got is irrelevant. It clearly states spend over €50 and get €10 back.

The €25 refers to people making more than one purchase in Argos. For example I spend €50 on day one of the offer in Argos I receive €10 back. On day five of the offer I spend €60 in Argos I get €10 back. On day eight of the offer I spend €75 and get €5 back, that is not receiving more than €25 in cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Could someone confirm if they've recently done two separate argos transactions and gotten €10 for each one or just for the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

rogercross wrote: »
    Could someone confirm if they've recently done two separate argos transactions and gotten €10 for each one or just for the first?

I did and just got the first €10

tglynn wrote: »
    I did and just got the first €10

Yea I just got the first one too, was just wondering I suppose if I can buy something else now too in there and get another €10 or is it one offer per shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rogercross wrote: »
    I spend €50 and got €10 back. Later I spent €110 and got €10 back and then I bought something for €€65 and got €5 back. (Total €25)

So, if you have a few things to buy in Argos, split it out into a few transactions, as long as each total purchase is over €50 you will earn back a maximum of €25.

I spend €50 and got €10 back. Later I spent €110 and got €10 back and then I bought something for €€65 and got €5 back. (Total €25)

So, if you have a few things to buy in Argos, split it out into a few transactions, as long as each total purchase is over €50 you will earn back a maximum of €25.

Cool thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I got my 10 euro back from Argos yesterday :D Thanks OP for informing us of the deal.

Same here, got the €10 today. Thank you OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement