Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permanent TSB - GoRewards Cashback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must contact them actually. We bought a whole kitchen of new appliances in Currys a few weeks back. There was due to be 1.5% back. Admittedly only €35 but I want that €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

gimmick wrote: »
    Must contact them actually. We bought a whole kitchen of new appliances in Currys a few weeks back. There was due to be 1.5% back. Admittedly only €35 but I want that €35.

Did you buy online? I think the Currys offer (for me anyway) is only for online purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Did you buy online? I think the Currys offer (for me anyway) is only for online purchases.

Ugh.

Could have sworn it said online and in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, most of them are Online only and I think Curry's was one of those.
    It's no use to me being online only - online and in-store, please. Thank you very much, Visa Debit card company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I was really excited about this when it came out.

They are a bit rubbish tbh imo. The lidl one is the most attractive (vaguely decent) so far.

I was expecting great things - points or credits or something like the American visa card rewards i.e. GOOD!

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

amdublin wrote:
    I was really excited about this when it came out.

Same i thought it was going to be personalized to places I normally go the only one I've used is the argos one at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It would be nice to get some proper cashback ,even 1% on purchases like they have in the UK and US.
    And not this 5 euro a month capped rubbish either ,I mean proper 1% back .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Zardoz wrote: »
    It would be nice to get some proper cashback ,even 1% on purchases like they have in the UK and US.

Tesco Visa is yer only man, combined the with Boost system, you get a nice kick back off hotels or meals out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭kindalen

Tesco Visa is yer only man, combined the with Boost system, you get a nice kick back off hotels or meals out.

change in points coming up. only get 1 point per 8euro spent outside tesco.
    pity, was great whilst it lasted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

kindalen wrote: »
    change in points coming up. only get 1 point per 8euro spent outside tesco.
    pity, was great whilst it lasted.

It looks like it is 1 point for €8 now.

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/benefits.html

What was it before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭kindalen

Until 5 October 2016 you will collect 1 Clubcard point for every €2 spent (€2 minimum) outside Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zardoz wrote: »

UK ones are all closing. The huge cut in card rates across the EU makes them unprofitable now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Davy wrote: »
    ]

both decent offers more like that would be welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Typical! I unsubscribed from this a week or two ago because of all the crap offers. I told them as much when I unsubscribed in the comments section. Now they have something decent again.

I bet it was my comments that made them change their tact. So you can thank me folks! :p

Guys I think the offers can vary for each person based on their spending habits as far as I am aware?? For example, Just Eat is not showing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Guys I think the offers can vary for each person based on their spending habits as far as I am aware?? For example, Just Eat is not showing for me.

You seem to be right. Lidl is available on my wifes card but not on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

You seem to be right. Lidl is available on my wifes card but not on mine.

But it says "Available on all registered cards" on the Lidl offer

long_b wrote: »
    But it says "Available on all registered cards" on the Lidl offer

I think that means "all registered cards" for that user (you can have up to 5 credit cards per user I think iirc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Do you need to register each offer or do you just use your card and it will automatically apply?

Cork2015! wrote:
    Do you need to register each offer or do you just use your card and it will automatically apply?

I think you need to open it to activate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's been updated, so now all offers are automatically active on your card. You no longer need to log in or open the offer to add it

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭MB05

I just logged into mine and there is also an offer for €5 off your next purchase of €30 or more in Boots until 14/11/16.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

bennyx_o wrote: »
    It's been updated, so now all offers are automatically active on your card. You no longer need to log in or open the offer to add it

oh great thanks for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Went to Lidl yesterday but haven't received the €5 yet, so went on to check the details on the rewards page but Lidl is not there even though the screenshot from a few post #114 says it's valid until 9 Nov..

Any ideas what might be happening here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It took 5 days after the shop for the €5 to be credited back for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I received an email saying they were processing the lidl offer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

YanisK wrote: »
    Went to Lidl yesterday but haven't received the €5 yet, so went on to check the details on the rewards page but Lidl is not there even though the screenshot from a few post #114 says it's valid until 9 Nov..

Any ideas what might be happening here?

I checked the page too and to be fair it does say 5 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭d1980

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I checked the page too and to be fair it does say 5 working days.

I did a couple of purchases at Lidl over 30 and also Heathrow express all 2 and 3 weeks ago. Card is registered and offers were on at time but nothing back. I followed up but have some visa team in the US investigating now for over a week. Anyone else have similar trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

d1980 wrote: »
    I did a couple of purchases at Lidl over 30 and also Heathrow express all 2 and 3 weeks ago. Card is registered and offers were on at time but nothing back. I followed up but have some visa team in the US investigating now for over a week. Anyone else have similar trouble?

I'm the same. Haven't chased it up yet.

• Advertisement

LEIN wrote: »
    I'm the same. Haven't chased it up yet.

Seems that if we got the €5 for Lidl once, we're never entitled again. Has anyone got the fiver more than once?

Lidl doesn't even show under Redemption on their help page, probably because I got a fiver back in August.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I redeemed the Lidl offer last December and again this month; same with Boots. I think you can only use it once per offer period (i.e. say valid for 2 weeks) but if it appears again and redeem, you should get it. I have used the M&S one a good number of times across different offer peiods. However, I am missing an M&S (11 days following up) and a Just Eat (just notified today).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

YanisK wrote: »
    Seems that if we got the €5 for Lidl once, we're never entitled again. Has anyone got the fiver more than once?

Lidl doesn't even show under Redemption on their help page, probably because I got a fiver back in August.. :mad:

I probably, unknowingly redeemed it in the past so.

Not in the mood to search through old bank statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I've got the lidl offer 3 times now and now I have an offer of 10% back when I spend €50 or more in Argos.

I'll definitely get a use out of the Argos one, even if I just go and buy a gift card to use after Christmas.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I've got the lidl offer 3 times now and now I have an offer of 10% back when I spend €50 or more in Argos.

I'll definitely get a use out of the Argos one, even if I just go and buy a gift card to use after Christmas.

Im just about ready to pull the trigger on a Sony TV in argos for €799 so that €25 back for using my visa debit card will make the TV even better value

That's a nice telly. Make sure the offer is available to you first. Not everyone gets the same offers every time

And 10% of 799 isn't 25. It's 79

That's a nice telly. Make sure the offer is available to you first. Not everyone gets the same offers every time

And 10% of 799 isn't 25. It's 79

Yeah it's available to me, but the 10% cash back is limited to €25 as far as I know.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Yeah it's available to me, but the 10% cash back is limited to €25 as far as I know.

OK. I didn't know that bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭d1980

Realised the issue from a few days ago that I raised here although nothing back from the visa support team in the us.
    I registered here when this came out 6 months or so. About 2 months back there was a fraud attempt on my card in India, picked up by ptsb and a new card issued.

The old cancelled card is the registered card on my account, not the new one so technically correct to not give the awards but poor out of the support team who have not come back to me in 10 days.

Very same issue happened to me, I missed out on two rewards because I totally forgot that my old cancelled card by PTSB was the card authorised for the rewards. Like you, I had to figure it out for myself.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Im just about ready to pull the trigger on a Sony TV in argos for €799 so that €25 back for using my visa debit card will make the TV even better value

Just sayin'.. the original price on Argos' page is a pile of bull****:
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Sony-KD49XD8088-Android-TRILUMINOS-PlayStation/product/B01IF521AI

I'm keeping an eye on offers from www.richersounds.ie as their 6-year guarantee is unbeatable.

I'd never take a blind bit of notice on original prices either, it's just the price at the minute of €799 is the lowest I've seen for that model, the 8099 model which I am struggling to find any difference between both model numbers is €1069 in most places.

Got an email about the fiver from Lidl today. Actual shopping in Nov happened on the 8th so they got cracking 1 month later!

Money not in the account yet but Cashback normally takes 5 working days, but may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Haven't received my just eat or Argos cashbook. Just eat a few weeks back, Argos a week ago.

The Argos cashback will pay my DD fees for the year

Haven't received my just eat or Argos cashbook. Just eat a few weeks back, Argos a week ago.

The Argos cashback will pay my DD fees for the year

I got notification of €25 back from rewards for an Argos transaction I only did on Wednesday of this week. I got the email from rewards yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kapips88

How does the Lidl offer work?
    Do you just go in and use your card or do you have to click something in your gorewards account or even tell the cashier?
    I signed up for gorewards at the start and have found the offers arent really for me. So i havent done one yet.
    Might do the lidl one. It expires in 3 days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Kapips88 wrote: »
    How does the Lidl offer work?
    Do you just go in and use your card or do you have to click something in your gorewards account or even tell the cashier?
    I signed up for gorewards at the start and have found the offers arent really for me. So i havent done one yet.
    Might do the lidl one. It expires in 3 days though.

yes, just pay with your card

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

d1980 wrote: »
    Realised the issue from a few days ago that I raised here although nothing back from the visa support team in the us.
    I registered here when this came out 6 months or so. About 2 months back there was a fraud attempt on my card in India, picked up by ptsb and a new card issued.

The old cancelled card is the registered card on my account, not the new one so technically correct to not give the awards but poor out of the support team who have not come back to me in 10 days.

Ah balls. This is what happened me too. Losing out on about €30 because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Just spent over 30Eur in Boots, are they normally efficient in popping back in the cash back to my account? I didn't seem to need to register for the Boots one I think!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Joziburg wrote: »
    Just spent over 30Eur in Boots, are they normally efficient in popping back in the cash back to my account? I didn't seem to need to register for the Boots one I think!??

You don't need to register, they should work automatically, and I've found they issue the reward quite quickly - usually in a couple of days. BUT you might have missed the boat on the Boots one, which expired in the last couple of days?

Advertisement