If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY BRAVIA KD55X8509C HDR Ready?

Options
  • 09-05-2016 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi Richer Sounds,

I read online that the Sony KD55X8509C was HDR ready via a firmware update.

Do you know if this is correct for Irish customers, and if yes is this for streaming and external devices?

Thanks,

Stephen

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dingaan wrote: »
    Hi Richer Sounds,

I read online that the Sony KD55X8509C was HDR ready via a firmware update.

Do you know if this is correct for Irish customers, and if yes is this for streaming and external devices?

Thanks,

Stephen
    Hi Dingaan.
    I did a bit of checking on this myself and it does indeed say on Sonys website that HDR will be available for netflix HDR support via firmware update in 2015.

ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD

IMPORTANT: This version is only valid for the United Kingdom. 
    Only install the version released on the support site of your country as the version may vary depending on features and local broadcasting conditions.

This information is applicable for the following TV models in the United Kingdom:
    • KD-55S8505C / S8005C
    • KD-65S8505C / S8005C
    • KD-43X8305C / X8307C / X8308C / X8309C
    • KD-49X8005C / X8305C / X8307C / X8308C / X8309C
    • KD-55X8005C / X8505C / X8507C / X8508C / X8509C / X9005C / X9305C
    • KD-65X8505C / X8507C / X8508C / X8509C / X9005C / X9305C
    • KD-75X8505C / X9105C / X9405C
    • Name: Firmware update to v3395 for TV - Only install the version released on the support site of your country as the version may vary depending on features and local broadcasting conditions.
    • Date released: 12-04-2016
    • Do I need to update?: Your firmware may already be up to date, especially if you have a new Bravia TV model. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have follow these instructions to check it.
    • Benefits and improvements:
      • Netflix HDR Support (4K HDR models: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C only)
      • ITV Hub: Playback issue resolved when TV is tuned to certain regional transmitters
      • Overall stability improvements

• Restrictions: only for use with TV sold in the United Kingdom. Not all models are sold in all countries.
    [*]

However no mention of the South Of Ireland.
    I don't see mention of it making the screen HDR only Netflix HDR support.

I see if i can find anything else out but you could drop Sony a little email and see what they say themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dingaan

Thanks Kenny,

I dropped a note to Sony support to see if this is available for us. Fingers crossed.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dingaan wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny,

I dropped a note to Sony support to see if this is available for us. Fingers crossed.
    Hey Dingaan.

Let me know what they say. Would be interesting to hear what they say.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.