Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plex On Virgin Media

Options
  • 09-05-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

HI Guys,

Ive been using plex now for about 4 years with no issues. Recently ran an update to 0.9.16.6 and since have been unable to have remote access. I am thinking that maybe Virgin blocked the service as I have reset my Mac Mini and still no fix. I have tried both manually mapping the ports on the router and also using UPnP but no resolution.

I have paid for a lifetime subscription to plex (€149) which is a waste if i cant avail of the service if Virgin media block it.

If anyone has had similar issues/ advice let me know

Thanks in advance
    DPJMIE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Can you roll back your update and see if you can access it then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Ste- wrote: »
    Can you roll back your update and see if you can access it then ?

I not only rolled back my update, i rolled back my whole system and still the same. I rolled back to 0.9.16.3 and further again hoping this was the issue

:(:(:(
    Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I lost my remote access a few weeks back as well. Was working flawlessly up till then with no changes my end. Havnt had time to look into it yet.

If you do find out anything, let me know please... would love to get it sorted

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

There are threads on the Virgin talk to Forum about this problem.
    Something to do with changes Virgin have been making (ipv4 vs ipv6?)

Thus far I have no issues with remote access to my plex server

Edit: Thread mentioned is here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057598420

• Advertisement

For anyone with this issue, request that your shiny new IPv6 address be reverted back to an IPv4 address by Virgin Media (It can be done in the online chat, all you need is your a/c number) and most importantly do a factory reset on the router. I am not sure how long they will allow you to revert, but doing this resolved my issue. Plex lists that it has IPv6 support but for some reason it stops it working. Virgin are implementing something called Dual-Stack Lite with IPv6 and this might have a bearing on the issue.

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Glad to hear you got your problem sorted.

Advertisement