If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55inch tv - UE55KS8000 or UE55KS7000 or something else?

Options
  • 09-05-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there

On the market for a 55inch 4k tv - not curved. I had hoped to stay under the €2k mark but drawn towards the 2 Samsungs.

What are the main differences between the UE55KS8000 & UE55KS7000, & are there any others you would recommend to look at in this price category?. And if I went down to the €1.5k mark?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi there

On the market for a 55inch 4k tv - not curved. I had hoped to stay under the €2k mark but drawn towards the 2 Samsungs.

What are the main differences between the UE55KS8000 & UE55KS7000, & are there any others you would recommend to look at in this price category?. And if I went down to the €1.5k mark?

thanks in advance
    HI Stevenbergin, thanks for the post

The main difference between the 7000 and 8000 model is that the higher model has a slightly higher refresh rate at 2300 compared to 2100, but also it has twin tuners which the 7000 doesn't

To be honest at the price , they would be the best option to go for.
    Depending on size, if you were to drop down to around €1500, there is either the Panasonic TX58DX700 - http://euro.richerie.aspdotnetstorefront.cefasoft.net/p-201923-viera-tx58dx700b.aspx or the Samsung UE60KU6000 - http://euro.richerie.aspdotnetstorefront.cefasoft.net/p-202033-ue60ku6000.aspx both ath €1549 including delivery and 6 year guarantee

Have a look at these options and let me know what you think

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stevenbergin

many thanks Brian for your helpful reply

Another query - do you still stock UE55JU7000? and what would I miss out on from the newer UE55KS7000 model? 

Thanks again Steven

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

many thanks Brian for your helpful reply

Another query - do you still stock UE55JU7000? and what would I miss out on from the newer UE55KS7000 model? 

Thanks again Steven
    Unfortunately the 55JU7000 is now a finished model and we don't have any of them left

The closest we have still available would be the 55JU6800 at €1149, which would have a lower refresh rate, doesn't have Freesat, and wouldn't be Certified UltraHD Premium HDR TV as the new model would be  - have a look at the comparison here -http://euro.richerie.aspdotnetstorefront.cefasoft.net/prodcompare.aspx?pid1=201548&pid2=201977

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.