Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vixen and her cubs in my back garden

Options
  • 09-05-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I would appreciate any help since I am really terrified and feel very anxious about their presence. It looks like the mother had left them cuz I can see that two of the Cubs are already dead and the the other 4 look weak and hungry! I don't want to harm them but I just don't like seeing them in my garden. It stopped us from enjoying the good weather the last few days and I actually can't even take the bins out.any idea of how to get rid of them plz?
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

They're yours now, thems the rules

or take them to the vet for euthanasia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are you in Dublin? Call the DSPCA or the equivalent where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jude.alm

gctest50 wrote: »
    They're yours now, thems the rules

or take them to the vet for euthanasia

My god I wish I have the courage to even hang my laundry outside let alone play with them. Yes I'm coward when it comes to animal in general :(

Wheety wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? Call the DSPCA or the equivalent where you are?

Thx very much Wheety for the info. I contacted them and they will come to check it . Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

jude.alm wrote: »
    I would appreciate any help since I am really terrified and feel very anxious about their presence. It looks like the mother had left them cuz I can see that two of the Cubs are already dead and the the other 4 look weak and hungry! I don't want to harm them but I just don't like seeing them in my garden. It stopped us from enjoying the good weather the last few days and I actually can't even take the bins out.any idea of how to get rid of them plz?
    Thx

My advice would be to have them removed at the earliest opportunity. Did you try Pest control?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Let us know how you get on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Christ you don't need to have them euthanized or anything of the sort. Contact the wildlife unit at the Kildare Animal Foundation and they will help you, wherever you are based.

My advice would be to have them removed at the earliest opportunity. Did you try Pest control?
    I did but they said they won't do it as long as they are still Cubs! They wanted me to wait for few weeks. I was surprised TBH

homer911 wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on..

The guy from the DSPCA came today and he said they are all gone. I haven't seen them for a couple of days but I wasn't sure they are gone. He said expect them to be back soon and asked not to block their way back in if they wish to! I told him "u must be joking" but he was like "leave them a bit of water but not food and they will be in and out until they decide themselves to leave" I said " YUP SURE" thanks

Christ you don't need to have them euthanized or anything of the sort. Contact the wildlife unit at the Kildare Animal Foundation[/URL] and they will help you, wherever you are based.

Thanks Ramin. I guess it's sorted by nature

• Advertisement
Advertisement