Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New route for Race Series 10m & HM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Got mine today. Looking forward to it. Don't forget the 5 Mile is on a Sunday this year guys! :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkBvjUnXAAAZejS.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

It's so fantastic getting your number posted to you.

Efficient as always. LOVE the race series. Fantastic well run events that are also great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Has everyone received their number for the 5 mile? I've signed up for three races in the series and haven't received my numbers yet...

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Has everyone received their number for the 5 mile? I've signed up for three races in the series and haven't received my numbers yet...

Most people got them at the end of last week. Maybe send them a message of facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭andrew1977

My numbers all arrived too thankfully..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Wheres the sign up for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Wheres the sign up for this?

Entries for 5 mile are now closed but you can sign up for everything else here:

https://em.eventmaster.ie/client/bundle_step1.html?bundleId=11

Just pick which events you want to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

Hopefully they get the dates right on the t shirts for next race else it's July already and I slept for month 😉

Trampas wrote: »
    Hopefully they get the dates right on the t shirts for next race else it's July already and I slept for month 😉

Ha... I didn't even notice!! :D

Great race as always. I'm sick of that darn hill at the end though. I wish they'd change it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Trampas wrote: »
    They do have a habit of making typos on the t-shirts. They definitely got the date wrong twice before, and I seem to remember a typo one year ("Pheonix" maybe?). Decent quality, and a good fit, but anybody else find that the colour ran?! Had a 5k cool-down afterwards in it, and my skin has a definite greenish hue, even after a shower :pac:

Well-organized race as always. Numbers did seem to be down a bit, but the 5 miler is typically a bit less well-attended, and the mini-marathon being so close probably knocked the attendance down another bit. Tough enough course, have to pace it well and keep something in the tank for the two big hills (Magazine Fort and up to the Upper Glen). Personally found the latter very hard, but finished in the top 20, for my first ever athletics prize (that wasn't participation-based) :)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Singer wrote: »
    More important than the routes, PBs and all that, here's the t-shirts!

385819.jpg
    Date of the 5 Mile one was correct at design stage!

I dont really get the fuss about the date tbh, I never look at it or even remember. I'm all about the fit and the colour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Phoole wrote: »
    I dont really get the fuss about the date tbh, I never look at it or even remember. I'm all about the fit and the colour. :)

This is my first time doing the series, found the medium a tad small should I expect the other 3 to be the same?

This is my first time doing the series, found the medium a tad small should I expect the other 3 to be the same?
    Tees tend to be a small fit. Go for one size larger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Can somebody give an honest opinion on the Half route, i had hoped to run the Athlone Half but that has been sacrificed for wifey stuff:eek::eek:. Slow route or not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well its not super fast anyway, if a quick course is what you are looking for I wouldn't target this. There is a fair bit of uphill, you are restricted to footpaths in certain parts (for a short time).

It's not a terrible course by any means but if you are aiming for a PB course I'd look elsewhere.

Nearly D-Day for opinions on the new 10 mile route, will be gunning for a PB myself on my time from Trim in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Best of luck with it. I set my PB of 1:14 in the Brian Boru in March (build up race for Connemara Half). Overall DCM training has been going well, so I'm confident I can take that out with the extra mileage, assuming I manage the race properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Haven't done a 10 miler in 4 or 5 years. Was just training for the half when I realised my long runs are about 16k by now, so I'll give it a go.

Looking forward to it. Well, looking forward to after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Hoping to run it as a pacing experiment for the HM in Sept.

So will try the 10m at what I hope to run the HM @ in Sept (for me that's 6.50). If I can run that now its a good baseline of what I can do in Sept at the very least... but hopefully faster.

• Advertisement

Can't say its a great route for a PB, as its hillier than normal this year. Weather looks like it might be cool enough though, as long as its not too windy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Jeysus wept the weather is chronic here. Cold , lashing rain and crazy wind. It is going to be like the start of and Ireland match near the start line. At about 9.50 everyone in theirs cars will head for the start line then.
    Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yup, have just parked my warmup distance from the start line. Shall be trying to be as lean as possible with timing!

Only bit of wind & rain lads, it is Ireland after all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

tang1 wrote: »
    Only bit of wind & rain lads, it is Ireland after all!!

Well that was horrible. I don't mind rain at all but the wind was tough. I found the course a bit hillier than before. Glad to get through it, funny thing about weather like that is it takes the pressure off a bit.

Well that was horrible. I don't mind rain at all but the wind was tough. I found the course a bit hillier than before. Glad to get through it, funny thing about weather like that is it takes the pressure off a bit.

How'd you do?

Hillier than usual and the wind made it quite slow in places, especially heading down Acres road, but I'll take it as a good practise run for the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Tough ol day but I enjoyed the challenge of the conditions all the same. Was 90 odd secs outide my pb from last year but i actually felt i ran well so ill take it. Course is probably margainally tougher but much of a muchness I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I didn't mind the rain but the wind between mile 8 and 9 was horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

That was interesting :eek: 22mins down on last year and over 30 off a PB,time to retire after DCM i'm afraid:( But got a massive goody bag-sort of 2 i think-maybe they were just giving it all away to the people at the rear as many probably didn't show cos of the rain.

Advertisement