Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelbrook Square, Dublin 14

Options
  • 09-05-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this development.

We are thinking of going ahead with a purchase of a house here but would be curious to hear some perspectives on the development and the area. At the moment it consists of apartments but there are houses on sale now.

How do people find commuting from Churchtown to the city centre (we work in town).

Any other thoughts or comments on the development / area (positiv or negative) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

I'm looking at these houses too - the three beds look like the best value property in all of South Dublin, but I'm wondering is there a catch? Or are they cheap because it is NAMA behind it? I see no discussion of this development anywhere, it's like it's some sort of open secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Is this the same place?

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/files/apps16_2012.pdf

Spotted the last line where 20% of the land area, 0.695HA, is reserved for Social and Affordable Housing.

Does anyone know what the prices are?

van_beano wrote: »

Spotted the last line where 20% of the land area, 0.695HA, is reserved for Social and Affordable Housing.
    That's it. But there is social housing in just about every new development these days - if it ever gets built at all.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the prices are?

€450k to €695k according to MyHome

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/hazelbrook-square-churchtown-dublin-14/3440144

• Advertisement

That's it. But there is social housing in just about every new development these days - if it ever gets built at all.

Can Developers still buy their way out of their Part 5 obligation though or is it mandatory for them to build Social houses now?

Can Developers still buy their way out of their Part 5 obligation though or is it mandatory for them to build Social houses now?
    Not sure - but I looked at 4 new developments in the last few months (e.g. Hamilton Park, Royal Canal Park) and they each had social housing going in there.

Not sure - but I looked at 4 new developments in the last few months (e.g. Hamilton Park, Royal Canal Park) and they each had social housing going in there.

Very good, must be mandatory now, I remember something about it last year it going mandatory, didn't know if they implemented it

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Three beds were sold out within about 5 mins of launch on Saturday. Next launch in September

bleary wrote: »
    Three beds were sold out within about 5 mins of launch on Saturday. Next launch in September
    Well that's disappointing. I wonder why they have passed under the radar so?

• Advertisement

Well that's disappointing. I wonder why they have passed under the radar so?

In what way? Sorry not sure what you mean?

bleary wrote: »
    In what way? Sorry not sure what you mean?
    As stated above, there has been no discussion of this development in any of the major forums discussing property, unlike other current developments. Meanwhile, the houses appear to be selling, so it's not like there's an absence of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Very good, must be mandatory now, I remember something about it last year it going mandatory, didn't know if they implemented it
    It is mandatory for the developer to include social housing. But the council can decide to take a contribution instead, if they deem the development to be inappropriate for social housing.

As stated above, there has been no discussion of this development in any of the major forums discussing property, unlike other current developments. Meanwhile, the houses appear to be selling, so it's not like there's an absence of interest.

Ah ok, well there's only a small number of houses for sale this phase compared to other schemes like pelletstown etc, I think it was 29 they launched last Saturday with a prelaunch the day before. I ended up on the mailing list somehow so I must have heard about it at some stage prior to last week.

It was advertised in all of the property sections last week with a couple of articles as well.
    It was very busy on Saturday, nice houses and I guess a good bit of demand in the area. Hopefully more schemes will come up soon.

It appears three beds are the first to go in developments these days so demand is there

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

Was meant to be modular homes going in around that site.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/four-new-locations-for-modular-homes-are-revealed-in-capital-34309837.html

Who know if it's still to happen or if they have changed sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

CONM wrote: »
    It is mandatory for the developer to include social housing. But the council can decide to take a contribution instead, if they deem the development to be inappropriate for social housing.

Doesn't that imply that it's not "mandatory" then ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CONM

Doesn't that imply that it's not "mandatory" then ? :confused:
    It is mandatory, as in it is required by law. The developer has no choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

It's mandatory now. However the hazelbrook square development started years ago. The developer may of had given land or money then? Ask the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Thought it's very overpriced myself. Would have been interested otherwise. Maybe that's just cause they are over our price range :<

Thought it's very overpriced myself. Would have been interested otherwise. Maybe that's just cause they are over our price range :<
    I'd agree, only everything else is even more expensive on the Southside - perhaps it's cheaper because it's NAMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well, one noted developer dumped his entire obligation to social housing over our back wall, to keep his various other estates 100% owner occupied. Apparently 'integrated' doesn't mean what I used to think it meant. Could be worse. Our neighbour two doors down wakes up every other morning to a back garden full of binbags.

endacl wrote: »
    Well, one noted developer dumped his entire obligation to social housing over our back wall, to keep his various other estates 100% owner occupied. Apparently 'integrated' doesn't mean what I used to think it meant. Could be worse. Our neighbour two doors down wakes up every other morning to a back garden full of binbags.

I've heard that happening in an established estate in Lucan, 14 Social houses built right next to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 6jvdm4k0e2wtyp

I'm looking for a new home as well and Hazelbrook Square is one that I'm considering. I have concerns over the land on the East side of the development and wonder if anyone has a clue what the County Council plans to do with it. Any other comments or thoughts of the development would be appreciated as well! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 july2016

Has anyone purchased in this development, any thoughts on build quality and location. Not familiar with area and also looking at a new development in Citywest so any feeback welcome

Advertisement