Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

162 registration plate

• 09-05-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

I plan to buy a new bike in the next few weeks.
    Is it worth while waiting to register the bike until July for a 162 plate?
    Does it really make a difference in value to the bike in the long term or is it just cosmetic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wouldn't bother me personally, if I was buying a secondhand bike I'd be more interested in the mileage, condition and extras rather than whether it was bought in May or July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you'd get a lower reg number, so you might want to go 161 and have a bit more to cover with the tax disc

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Whatcha getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm in the same position. Means waiting another 2 though months just to have a different number which at the end of the day doesn't make a slight difference to how it drives !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It does to "Posers"......lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I waited an extra two months so I could get a 151 bike, different colour model. It also meant that I could save that little bit extra for some add-on bits.

Bit, I doubt there would be much between a 161 and a 162 reg really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Only if you want to get a specific number..e.g. 162 D 1299 etc...☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only if you want to get a specific number..e.g. 162 D 1299 etc...☺

Costs a grand for a reserved number a car - probably the same for a bike.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement