Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardiner Street

Options
  • 09-05-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,
    Any opinions about the Gardiner Street? I'm thinking to move in the Belmont Hall in Middle Gardiner Street opposite the Hill 16 pub.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

If it's a nice flat and a decent price, you could live in worse places. It's a mish mash of people, but there are a lot of junkies and undesirables in the area, a hell of a lot.
    On the plus side it's very central.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I think i'd pick your Henrietta Hall option before Gardiner Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

What exactly you want to know?

Lived on and off there the last 16 years and walk through it everyday. Its a busy street with a mix of professionals, students, junkies and other dregs of society. Basically like any other city centre street.

Personally, I dont think its that bad, bang in the city centre and plenty of people about and regularly see police too.

If you think Gardiner st is bad then practically every street in the city centre is similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

There's a new student accommodation development being constructed at the corner of Summerhill road so that may bring a bit more life to the street. Whether you think students are a good thing for the area is another matter!

Advertisement