Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camaderry And Turlough Hill circuit advice.

Options
  • 09-05-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Good evening all.
    Group of us staying in Laragh saturday night and my turn to organise the walk

Want to do the car park to Camaderry and Turlough hill back to Glendalough car park circle.
    Keep hearing about this circuit yet its impossible to find clear directions.
    Would anyone be kind enough to give me pretty precise and clear directions or pointing me towards same?

Many thanks in advance,

Emmet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

A good start would be to get the East West map of Glendalough which has all the walking trails published.

Is it the entire circuit of Glendalough you want to do? 20k+

Alternatively you can do Camaderry & Turlough Hill, and back via the valley, but it's pretty wet and boggy. There's a couple of ways to get onto Camaderry, depending on which carpark you want to start from.

An alternative with great views would be the CP - Derrybawn - Mullacor and back via the miners path.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Thank you Hmmm. We have done the spine out to bridge and back through miners village twice already this year. Looking for something a little longer this time. Want to walk from lower car park out to hostel and apparently swing right up camaderry and across to turlough.
    How wet is it and is trail / route easy to follow in this weather ?
    Thanks for help. Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's a trail up onto the ridge of Camaderry, just shortly on the road to the north of the upper lake, heads back up NE from the lake road
    Follow your nose up to the ridge, then head for turlough hill

Take the road down to the Wicklow gap. Tonlegee is facing you up the other side
    You could climb it, then descend over the brokaghs, or come back down to the gap, go down the road to the power station, and take the track down the glendeassan river valley from near the switch yard on the shore of lough nahangan

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

Here's a screen cap of route I've done

Advertisement