Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Lawnmowers

Options
  • 09-05-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭

Need a Petrol Lawnmowers to replace mine which is dying after 12 yrs of use (without much servicing on my part)? I was hoping Aldi might do one this year but they only got in an electric ones to date. Seen a couple at Woodies but wasn't too keen on build quality of the cheaper ones. Budget of €250/300.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Lidl has a petrol lawnmower in at the moment saw it there over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Anyone informed about CURRENT Lidl warranty policy? I heard client yesterday complaining about broken item, and staff was saying something about warranty policy changed, no longer covered by shop (Lidl)?? I would be careful buying anything from them before I get it clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

ImARebel wrote: »
    Lidl has a petrol lawnmower in at the moment saw it there over the weekend
    Do you mind telling me which store? Visited 3 different ones in Dublin this evening but didn't see any, though lots if other gardening equipment available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

zom wrote: »
    Anyone informed about CURRENT Lidl warranty policy? I heard client yesterday complaining about broken item, and staff was saying something about warranty policy changed, no longer covered by shop (Lidl)?? I would be careful buying anything from them before I get it clear?

Contract is with shop, not manufacturer. They need to look after a faulty product. The warranty only kicks in if it offers you additional benefits and the warranty is usually with the manufacturer.

Contract is with shop, not manufacturer. They need to look after a faulty product. The warranty only kicks in if it offers you additional benefits and the warranty is usually with the manufacturer.

Not sure about it. After reading IE / UK forums I found some small text warranty conditions like requirement of posting faulty device to "manufacturer" in Germany (may be costly for lawnmower):

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_printer_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=184056

• Advertisement

Not sure about it. After reading IE / UK forums I found some small text warranty conditions like requirement of posting faulty device to "manufacturer" in Germany (may be costly for lawnmower):

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_printer_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=184056

That's just the warranty. It is in addition to your statutory rights which the seller needs to deal with.

Edit: read the thread you linked, they all back up what I say.

That's just the warranty. It is in addition to your statutory rights which the seller needs to deal with.

Edit: read the thread you linked, they all back up what I say.

I read it. And I know statutory rights (EU directive). But people may not be aware that if they got their tool (lawnmower) broken in 2.5 year time after purchase, they have to post it to Germany. Lidl staff is not going to deal with it since 1 year is gone.

I read it. And I know statutory rights (EU directive). But people may not be aware that if they got their tool (lawnmower) broken in 2.5 year time after purchase, they have to post it to Germany. Lidl staff is not going to deal with it since 1 year is gone.

Our rights are stronger than EU law. If a product is faulty the onus lies with the seller. Lidl are wrong if they claim it's nothing to do with them after a year.

Looks like I'm out of luck with Lidl. Rang the customer service but was told any unsold units at this stage have been taken back from the stores. All I can do is keep an eye out for when they are on sale again. I guess thats understandable considering they are bulky stock, no doubt a few units will end up at one of those warehouse clearances at the end of the summer. Anyway I'm still on the look for a petrol lawnmower so if anyone else has a suggestion it's more than welcome.

donnacha wrote: »
    Looks like I'm out of luck with Lidl. Rang the customer service but was told any unsold units at this stage have been taken back from the stores. All I can do is keep an eye out for when they are on sale again. I guess thats understandable considering they are bulky stock, no doubt a few units will end up at one of those warehouse clearances at the end of the summer. Anyway I'm still on the look for a petrol lawnmower so if anyone else has a suggestion it's more than welcome.

Done deal or adverts? Plenty of decent ones there at that budget.

• Advertisement

Thanks but I'm not looking to buy new.

I'm going back up to Lidl later if it's still there I'll let you know

FYI I went up and there is one left

FYI I went up and there is one left

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 just_

Not sure if you got sorted but LIDL Maynooth as of this time last night had 5 or 6 of them

just_ wrote: »
    Not sure if you got sorted but LIDL Maynooth as of this time last night had 5 or 6 of them

I got sorted last week. Thanks anyway for posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

donnacha wrote:
    I got sorted last week. Thanks anyway for posting!

What did you buy I'm looking for one too

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi
    Woodies
    I have one of those pro-lawm mowers purchased in Woodies about 5 years ago.
    Its going fine. It got a lot of work in the first year or two (cutting half-acre lawn on a hill of a rented house when tenants never bother their ar*es - so the grass would be long).
    amrentals.ie deliver anywhere in Ireland - you might see something you fancy
    Topline Hardware have a few offers
    http://www.topline.ie/garden-outdoors/outdoor-power-equipment/lawnmowers/petrol-lawnmowers/mcculloch/m46-125wr-self-drive-lawnmower-18in
    Then you have B&Q, Homebase etc Adverts.ie

You will probably have to forget about Lidl and Aldi now if you intend cutting the grass this summer :)

What did you buy I'm looking for one too

I managed to buy the Lidl one. Came in below my budget at €199.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bliger

The Lidl one comes with Briggs & Stratton engine as branded lawnmowers and plus 3 years warranty on the top.

• Advertisement

Does the lidl one fold up nice and tidy for storage and does it have wheels with bearings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Don't suppose anyone has these still floating about in lidl still. Mower gave up the ghost. Dont know what spec should be looking for. Used the neighbours lidl one and was exactly what I'm looking for

Gone from my local store anyway

Gone from my local store anyway

Thanks gone from both of mine

gar wrote:
    Don't suppose anyone has these still floating about in lidl still. Mower gave up the ghost. Dont know what spec should be looking for. Used the neighbours lidl one and was exactly what I'm looking for

What part of the country are you in. There was one in Cashel this morning

What part of the country are you in. There was one in Cashel this morning

In naas. Thanks for looking. Might see if someone I know is coming back that direction.

For those of you that bought the lidl mower - does it have a push start button or do you have to yank it like "normal" mowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maggsone

They have them in Nenagh, saw them today. Gonna get one tomorrow 😀

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

donnacha wrote: »
    Need a Petrol Lawnmowers to replace mine which is dying after 12 yrs of use (without much servicing on my part)? I was hoping Aldi might do one this year but they only got in an electric ones to date. Seen a couple at Woodies but wasn't too keen on build quality of the cheaper ones. Budget of €250/300.

Once U get a Briggs Straton engine u should be ok.
    Mountfield is top notch - Google for Price.
    U'll get 20yrs out of it, at least (&change the oil b4 Autumn / Winter storage)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Maggsone wrote: »
    They have them in Nenagh, saw them today. Gonna get one tomorrow 😀

Hope that helps

What shop? What price? Thanks :D

Advertisement