Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon release dates?

• 09-05-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know if canon are going to have any major releases this year for their full frame range? Don't know if I should buy now or hold off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Have you had a read of Canonrumors.com? Will give a good indication of what you've after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

McCroskey wrote: »
    Does anyone know if canon are going to have any major releases this year for their full frame range? Don't know if I should buy now or hold off.

When it comes to Canon full frame you have 3 options.
    6D, with no real news of a new model.
    5D mk4 this new version will probably be launched at Photokina in Sept.
    1Dx mk2, already launched earlier this year.

As samhail said, checkout www.canonrumours.com, along with www.canonwatch.com.

What camera do you have at present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    6D, with no real news of a new model.

6D Mk2 is rumored for Q1 2017

One thing to also consider is that there may be a price hike compared to the existing models.

The 5D Mk3 was about 3550 at launch and is now about 2900
    The 6D was about 2200 at launch and is now about 1700
    1DX is about 5500 new now where as the 1Dx Mk 2 is 7000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McCroskey

Thanks for the replies. Right now I have a 5D mk2 and I'm deciding if I should get a 5D s or wait until the mk4 is released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Well that really would depend on what you want to get out of the new camera. Right now you only have rumoured specks on the MK4. While the 5Ds is a megapixel beast it lacks in other departments like ISO, maxing out at 6400 natively, even the mark 3 goes to 25600 natively. If you don’t need the massive resolution the mk4 is likely to be a better all round camera, but there is really nothing to go on other than rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 McCroskey

I've decided to wait until the MKIV release. But the 5Ds is cheaper than the MKIII right now on pixmania if anyone's interested.

I'm hoping there's a big announcement for the MKIV instead of just a small upgrade.

Advertisement