Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunkers Hill

Options
  • 09-05-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

was walking up Bunkers Hill today and the bench that's half way up to the traffic lights is gone. It was only recently done up in the past few months, changed to a metal bench and put on a new cement foundation.

Anyone know if the council removed it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah no! That's my rest stop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

RIP Bunkers Hill Bench. GBNF. I will think of you fondly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I passed that about a month ago and it looked that scruffy I wouldn't even sit on it.

There should be a chair lift on that hill anyway, it's a killer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ok off topic but....
    Was bunkers hill ever used for boxcar racing ?
    Seems ideal for it ,something along the lines of the red bull thing would be great to watch.

(Surely the local kids must have tried it back in the day )

Edit just thought round 2 could be down from jury's ,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Ok off topic but....
    Seems ideal for it ,something along the lines of the red bull thing would be great to watch.

i have been discussing this with a mate for some time now. we may have to start something!

• Advertisement

I was going to say it would be lethal, but the lower part of the hill is gentle enough to slow the pace before running out of track. Lots a straw bails!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ok off topic but....

Didnt they try something like that on Patrick st a few years ago?

I do remember something like that - it could have several rounds

Bunkers Hill
    Patrick Street
    John's Hill
    The Folly
    Ard Ri (old school)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

We used to go down the hill on our skateboards at the Ard Ri. It used to be great craic. Someone would stay at the end and keep an eye out for cars turning in. The speed going down was lethal Haha how none of us were not killed I'll never know......ah the joys and being young and not having a care in the world. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

alta stare wrote: »
    We used to go down the hill on our skateboards at the Ard Ri. It used to be great craic. Someone would stay at the end and keep an eye out for cars turning in. The speed going down was lethal Haha how none of us were not killed I'll never know......ah the joys and being young and not having a care in the world. :D

Now that's what childhood is all about ,if I sat my mother down and told her half the things we got up too... I put her in a early grave .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Now that's what childhood is all about ,if I sat my mother down and told her half the things we got up too... I put her in a early grave .....

Haha yeah we would all be killed by our parents if they knew what we got up to. I know what my kids are at most of the time.......sitting on the couch with their heads buried in their phones :mad:

manager.jpg

Advertisement