Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you use LinkedIn to acquire leads/find potential customers?

Options
  • 09-05-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

As above, has LinkedIn helped you with new leads or to win new business? Any tips on what has or has not worked for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I haven't even updated my account with my new business I just don't see much benefit of it. I did when I was working in Management but not since I started up on my own. Twitter is a much better way to engage with other businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

LinkedIn is just Facebook for grown-ups. As a source for new business it appears to be the favorite of recruitment agencies, whose staff always want to 'connect' (no doubt to show the bosses they are 'trying'. It is OK for finding background info on a person you are going to meet, but as a source of new bus.....how????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Yes I use it. It is very helpful for finding the right people but what I actually do after finding the person I want to talk to on LinkedIn is to research outside of LinkedIn their email and contact them that way. Be polite, personal and follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

The lead generation guys in our company use it when they are looking for the correct contact within a company to contact. They find it excellent for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It definitely has its uses. If you want to invest time in it you can setup or join groups related to your industry, and build up your online profile in a particular domain, or your "personal brand" (which seems to be a bit of a buzzword these days).

Its useful for identifying potential customers and finding out if you have some common contacts. You would be surprised how big your 2nd and 3rd level networks are, and being able to say to somebody "I see you previously worked with this guy I previously worked with" can give you an in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement