Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few jobs, a few prices...

Options
  • 09-05-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,

I've trawled a while and can't seem to find the figures I'm looking for, exactly.

I haven't time to do this work myself (and I'd likely botch it/injure myself seriously anyway), so really just looking for ballpark figures to hire someone to take care of it.

I know these things can vary, so just ballparky enough that I can budget for it and know I'm not being taken for a complete ride would be great.

1. Repair/replace a single corner of fascia; wood/concrete construction.

2. Cleaning of gutters.

3. Cleaning of roof (tiles are practically an ecosystem of moss and more). Mid-size 3 bed semi-d.

I'd get someone to do all three, if possible.

Any indication you can give would be really appreciated!

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

hamrocks wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've trawled a while and can't seem to find the figures I'm looking for, exactly.

I haven't time to do this work myself (and I'd likely botch it/injure myself seriously anyway), so really just looking for ballpark figures to hire someone to take care of it.

I know these things can vary, so just ballparky enough that I can budget for it and know I'm not being taken for a complete ride would be great.

1. Repair/replace a single corner of fascia; wood/concrete construction.

2. Cleaning of gutters.

3. Cleaning of roof (tiles are practically an ecosystem of moss and more). Mid-size 3 bed semi-d.

I'd get someone to do all three, if possible.

Any indication you can give would be really appreciated!

Cheers...
    Roughly about 500€ if it's a bungalow it might be slightly cheaper if it's 2 story maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

why clean the roof tiles, asking for trouble having some 'bloke" walking around the tiles, plus if they use a power washer up under the tiles.....
    the ecosystem gives a better seal
    consider fitting gutter hedgehogs, or similar in the gutter, which will catch the large pieces of mass, which dry and blow away,
    and leave the eco system

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

why clean the roof tiles, asking for trouble having some 'bloke" walking around the tiles, plus if they use a power washer up under the tiles.....
    the ecosystem gives a better seal
    consider fitting gutter hedgehogs, or similar in the gutter, which will catch the large pieces of mass, which dry and blow away,
    and leave the eco system

Generally when power washing a roof you'd start at the top and work down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Generally when power washing a roof you'd start at the top and work down.

"Generally" but we've all seen how the Cowboys can behave

hexosan wrote: »
    "Generally" but we've all seen how the Cowboys can behave

True I've seen some beauties
    I suppose for any one getting work done like that type or roof work check they have the appropriate insurance

• Advertisement
Advertisement