Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fourball's new allowance query

• 09-05-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Evening all, question does the new handicap allowance in fourballs (90%) apply to fourball stableford comps? in the congu revision PDF i read it just mentions strokeplay and matchplay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Evening all, question does the new handicap allowance in fourballs (90%) apply to fourball stableford comps? in the congu revision PDF i read it just mentions strokeplay and matchplay.

I am pretty sure it does, I think they deem stableford to be a version of stroke play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

I am pretty sure it does, I think they deem stableford to be a version of stroke play.

Yea Stableford/V Par are both versions of Stroke Play.

There are two halves to the rules of Golf Stroke Play and Match Play.

Only have a few small differences like playing out of turn or teeing it up on the wrong tees. New one I learned recently is if you hit your opponents bag in match play you get to retake the shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ronney wrote: »
    Yea Stableford/V Par are both versions of Stroke Play.

There are two halves to the rules of Golf Stroke Play and Match Play.

Only have a few small differences like playing out of turn or teeing it up on the wrong tees. New one I learned recently is if you hit your opponents bag in match play you get to retake the shot

Only if you want to.

I wish I had of know that one a couple of years ago playing in the ryder jug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Thanks guys, i take the point that stableford is deemed a form of stroke play. We ran a fourball stab comp last Sunday and people were not sure so the starter and I made the call (both on the committee by the way) and played the competition off full handicaps. We put prominent signage at the sign in station . So my question now, Is the competition valid or do we have to re-do all the returned scores using the 90 % allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Thanks guys, i take the point that stableford is deemed a form of stroke play. We ran a fourball stab comp last Sunday and people were not sure so the starter and I made the call (both on the committee by the way) and played the competition off full handicaps. We put prominent signage at the sign in station . So my question now, Is the competition valid or do we have to re-do all the returned scores using the 90 % allowance.

Competition wouldn't be valid as far as the GUI are concerned. Our winter league final used to be fourball better ball with full allowance until the GUI stepped in and made the club change it to 3/4 of h/c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wouldn't think it matters to much. It's over and done with now and ultimately it was a fourball so no counting for handicaps. everyone played on the day with the same rules as everyone else. just next time you know what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Agree if a "local Rule" was posted saying everyone plays off Full H/C then its all fair enough. Its NQ so shouldn't cause any real issue. Committees can adjust some rule s for comps like giving Visitors additional "guest" shots in invitational comps

(Be interesting to see if it made much difference to the results)

Advertisement