Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFX and FFX-2 headed to PC.

Options
  • 10-05-2016 2:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭

Was considering getting it for PS4, might just settle for this. Pity it won't get a physical release with that lovely steelbook. PC exclusive boosters and Japanese audio, that's gnarly though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216405

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

FFX was great...spent so long on that game...trying to get all the celestial weapons. Avoid 200 lightning strikes or something...catch the butterflies.
    Blitzball was brilliant too :D

I've no interest in FFX-2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Still waiting on an official HD remaster of FFXII ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I loved FFX at the time but think it was due to not having any decent JRPGs on the PS2 at the time. Playing through it again and it really wasn't all that great. The battle system drags in random encounters (but excels in boss battles) and the post game content is terrible grindy rubbish. It's also got that FF13 linearity problem.

Also I used to hate FFX-2 because it was a complete tonal shift from the story of FFX. However on going back to that it's a fantastic game. Just ignore the story and have fun with the job system and general silliness.

I'll probably get this myself. Would be nice to have on PC and I've still not managed to get through FFX-2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Still waiting on an official HD remaster of FFXII ...

This.

I heard the zodiac job system makes the game a lot better and it's a game I didn't like at the time but would love to give another shot and take my time with it.

The annoying thing is FF12 was demoed with high resolution textures on PS2 dev kits, these textures were compressed for the final release so Square have a version of the game already with all the HD assets already created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Can't wait to play Blitzball again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I adored FFX, can't wait to play it again, absolutely hated X2 tho, got about 3 hours into it and left it down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted to see more Final Fantasy on the pc. Will definitely pick this up.

12 would make it a full house now, so hopefully that happens at some stage. And 15, though i expect that a while after the console release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's also got that FF13 linearity problem.

Ah not to the same extent. There was stuff to do in the linearity. I'm really, really trying to get through FF13. I've about 11 hours done, and I'm losing interest again. It's walk a few steps, big cut scenes, battle, walking a few more steps, repeat. FFX actually had stuff to do, interesting characters and a really good story. X-2 wasn't terrible, and it was nice to get the closure on FFX, but since it's being included, how bad? Yeah, it was very Japan-pop, but I don't have any bad memories of it. I remember getting it at launch.

I'd love to see FFXII also, as I've never played it to completion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,799 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Any chance the PSP versions of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics might head over?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Any chance the PSP versions of Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics might head over?

I'm hoping they do as well. I'd put money on FFT showing up as the mobile port but tactics ogre is in limbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Man, FFX brings back memories.
    Playing the game for hours and hours in Summer 2002 in my room. Geez man where is the time going.

Any predictions on a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

previous Final Fantasies on Steam settle between €13-€15, but then 9 launches at €21, they're also selling x and x-2 together so expect it to be a bit higher than usual. At least games tend to come out with a bit of a discount for a week lately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,799 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm hoping they do as well. I'd put money on FFT showing up as the mobile port but tactics ogre is in limbo.

I think the mobile port is the same as the PSP version so that won't be too bad. Shame about TO though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I think the mobile port is the same as the PSP version so that won't be too bad. Shame about TO though.

Never say never. Lots of talk from the XCom developers saying it was a big influence so hopefully Square take notice and see they can make some money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Well I have the others on steam so I'm sure I'll pick this up too.
    I really need to get around to playing them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pretty hefty 34gig download - it's available now on steam btw

pretty hefty 34gig download - it's available now on steam btw

I suspect the system requirements will be through the roof as well.

FFX is out but the sun is shining outside.

I'm torn :(

20 quid. Sold!

• Advertisement

20 squid definitely is a great price for the two,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Looks great so far.

Loads of boxes ticked - options for language, the old soundtrack vs the cheesy new one, loads of graphics options (although I'm not sure they do that much), borderless full screen, all the content from the international edition, an adorable little chocobo autosave icon.

I'm only wondering about a few little things that are going to come up - will I be able to control Lulu's overdrive with a keyboard, how will blitzball handle, etc..

Looks good so far. No issues after about half an hour.

Gbear wrote: »
    Looks great so far.

Loads of boxes ticked - options for language, the old soundtrack vs the cheesy new one, loads of graphics options (although I'm not sure they do that much), borderless full screen, all the content from the international edition, an adorable little chocobo autosave icon.

I'm only wondering about a few little things that are going to come up - will I be able to control Lulu's overdrive with a keyboard, how will blitzball handle, etc..

Looks good so far. No issues after about half an hour.

the keyboard standard bindings are... crap. You'll have to rebind them deffo.

I suspect the system requirements will be through the roof as well.

Nah, these ports are fairly okay for sys reqs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Can't go wrong for 20 quid. Look forward to jumping back into this one again but it'll be a while.
    Hope the steam controller is up to scratch with it.
    Currently playing through VII and will move up through the games as I go.
    The only thing I wish for these steam versions is that everyone got xp, similar to XIII.
    The thoughts of having to level everyone is pretty annoying. I know it's not required but still. Gotta see all limit breaks etc.. :P Also the max level boost is bloody stupid. Don't see the point in that.

People outside your party level up with the rest of your party in most of the older games. Just swap members in and out, adds more variety than playing with the same characters. The FF games are very easy so you won't hamstring yourself and there's absolutely no requirement for grinding.

Word of advice - don't bind movement to WASD.

It might just be my keyboard but I couldn't do the minigame to unlock the Jecht shot using WASD. It worked fine with the directional keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damn it, more games for me to never finish! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Stupid s*&$$y internet! 19GB downloaded since noon! I may as well start up a new game of FFIX to pass the time :(

• Advertisement

Well that was grueling.

I just set out to do the 200 lightning dodge.

I'd been at it for ages when finally my hand gave up and I missed it.

I didn't get the steam acheivement so natuarlly I was freaked.

I head back up to the shop to collect my rewards, such as they were and when I check how many I dodge it said I'd done 268 in a row:o

I only got the steam acheivement when I opened the reward chest.

I went to a little alcove halfway through the first section of the thunder plains. It has a treasure chest and a cactuar stone in it.

When you dodge in there, you stay put because you just bounce off the stone wall. So you don't have to worry about movement or encountering enemies.
    It helps to be comfortable, be in quiet, dark room with no distractions.
    There's roughly 1 bolt every 8 seconds so you're looking at roughly 30 minutes of live time.

It's good to take a break and pause every 10 dodges.

Advertisement